Football God

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 26, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man utd, miami dolphins
That in Round 8, Sydney and Freo ending their result in a Draw which we laughed about and was a good result at the time, has come back too bite us in the arse and just may cost us a top 4 spot. Football is a funny game. All comes down too hope and luck now.

It does look like that, but I think actually it may help us in theory, but simply for the reason that both of them have a percentage so much better than ours.
If one of them was two points less, and also had a lower percentage than us, then if we managed to get level on points we'd be ahead.
But given their higher %, we'd still be behind them even if we were level on points.

We won't catch Freo who have three 'easy' games anyhow.
Swannies have a tougher run but they're effectively two wins ahead of us, even if their Freo draw was a loss ( unless they lost against Freo by a huge margin to smash their percentage below ours)

We've got three really tough games.

Where we really stuffed up was losing to Gold Coast, losing to Freo when we seemed to have them at 3QT and losing to Port, though in fairness they were awesome on the day.

I still remember Lyon at 3QT in that Freo game sitting all alone in the dugout pondering and shuffling on his whiteboard for the majority of the break, eventually coming up with chucking Dawson in the ruck ( frigging Zac Dawson!!!) which swung the whole momentum and won the game.

Best single coaching effort, by anyone, I can recall for a very long time.

But don't reckon Saints are currently too thrilled by his legacy which has left them on their knees and likely for a very long time.

And as everyone knows, one toe poke and one crazy bounce away from trebling their flag count.

Sorry to wander off topic Footy God, can I blame the hour? :)

That in Round 8, Sydney and Freo ending their result in a Draw which we laughed about and was a good result at the time, has come back too bite us in the arse and just may cost us a top 4 spot. Football is a funny game. All comes down too hope and luck now.
Losing games to sides like the Gold Coast and Port is more the reason we miss out on the top 4.

Who laughed?

Both sides have a significantly superior percentage to us and have all season so the draw was a blessing. Problem was the loss to GC that left us too many points back.

Losing games to sides like the Gold Coast and Port is more the reason we miss out on the top 4.

Loved the interview on Channel Seven with Bucks after the match last week when they said to him what a great record Collingwood have on the road..........to which he replied "well we had lost the last three road trips up until tonight so I'm not sure what your getting at"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back