Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Mainly here so we can enjoy the LOLs afterwards at the end of 2023, but also an interesting discussion point.

I’m in genuine two minds and can’t call it, but who do you see finishing higher in 2023?

Who is positioned better from a list/team perspective?

Let the games begin…

Mod Note: This is a thread for BANTER and giving and taking a bit of the mickey. Enter at your own risk!
However this does NOT mean name calling, personal abuse, injury trolling, swearing or gifs/memes with swear words in them. Keep it clean and above the belt.
Thank you.

Did they even win the prelimiership ? Thought they were smashed by Brisbane ? 🤣🤣
No, no, listen you may not understand this because you support a team that has made prelims 11 out of the last 22 years... but apparently to them just making a prelim is like a huge victory and their biggest achievement, I think. Any blues fans wanna clarify?

You can't expect to be competitive with Fogarty, Martin, Motlop and Cottrell out.
Sydney without Mills, Parker and McCartin some real quality not on the park.

They just have better structures and players who crack in and work hard for the team.

Sydney without Mills, Parker and McCartin some real quality not on the park.

They just have better structures and players who crack in and work hard for the team.
Too much skill, dare and desire. Just like the Suns last night against Geelong. Sometimes you simply have to take the medicine!

Too much skill, dare and desire. Just like the Suns last night against Geelong. Sometimes you simply have to take the medicine!
they are too easy to predict with their forward entries, they don't lower the eyes and always look for their two big forwards. Modern football requires multiple avenues to goal and ones that aren't so predictable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is instructive as a neutral to pop into a thread like this.

Some times I might make an observation about how one or both teams performed. I can’t this time as the Blues played my mob. Frankly I am cranky with what was an average Bloods effort. Beyond one or two basic role players like that Heeney chap and one of the Warner clan, the rest will doubtless have a tough review. The only things we did that the Blues didn’t were:

• The Bloods fielded 4 trades, the rest are home developed. Ours were all serviceable.
  • Whereas the Blues fielded 10 by my count. Only Acres and Newman were serviceable
  • The Blues rely on two mids. One can’t kick, the other can’t chase.
  • Sticking to a viable game plan
  • Running both ways.
My mob are fortunate to be in the running for the 8 and may finish top 4.

I am confident the Blues remain a viable mid table team and could sneak into 7th or 8th. I disagree with those suggesting there is some risk of descending to the bottom 6.

I have been confident the Pies will again have a much better year. No reason to change my independent view.

While as a team Carlton shouldn't be copping hidings anymore, last nights result happens occasionally, especially from a red hot Sydney side. The club will reset and get rolling.

Agreed, shouldn't be allowing any side to have that sort of momentum unchecked, we completely lost shape and did nothing to stem the tide

Back