Who else is looking forward to Geelong collapsing into a crumbling heap in 2023?

Is Geelong a backwards hick town with a team that will decline in 2023?

• Yes, of course

Votes: 14 31.1%
  • No, and I find my siblings attractive

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Jason Horne-Francis-Watts already has a pool membership in Adelaide

Votes: 25 55.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Bay,

It's all rainbows and lollipops down at Corio right now.
Government payments have increased by 3%, they won the flag, they just brought in a GCS reject (pick 7) and Holden will no longer compete at Bathurst.

Like all simple folk, they are under the mistaken belief that the good times will continue ad infinitum.

They just lost their best ever player (in their opinion) to retirement, they held onto a player who wanted to leave (the fella with a name starting with R they can't spell) and Dangerfield, who was clearly just hanging on for that elusive flag, will be less hungry next year than Tom Hawkins' scientifically formulated exact opposite.

Enough trolling low hanging fruit - let us watch Geelong as the arrogance slowly dissipates and we get to see the 6 stages of grief unfold, slowly, in real time as 2023 wears on.

Reality is Geelong are favourites for next year's flag dissevered favourites not by a margin but dissevered non the less. I don't see any great collapse anytime soon. Geelong don't seem to ever bottom out and I'm talking more recent times and then rebuild. The lose a couple and just top up. Rinse and repeat by topping up vs rebuild.

Last edited:

Bay,

Government payments have increased by 3%, they won the flag, they just brought in a GCS reject (pick 7) and Holden will no longer compete at Bathurst.

Like all simple folk, they are under the mistaken belief that the good times will continue ad infinitum.

They just lost their best ever player (in their opinion) to retirement, they held onto a player who wanted to leave (the fella with a name starting with R they can't spell) and Dangerfield, who was clearly just hanging on for that elusive flag, will be less hungry next year than Tom Hawkins' scientifically formulated exact opposite.

Enough trolling low hanging fruit - let us watch Geelong as the arrogance slowly dissipates and we get to see the 6 stages of grief unfold, slowly, in real time as 2023 wears on.

That was about as convincing as the Dawgs defence of their Grand Finalship.
Watch the Cats youf next year and weep jealous tears, Winston

I remember when we were about to collapse and fall off the cliff way back in 2010, good times. If we fell we must've bounced off the corpse of the Hawfs and Tiggies who kindly broke our fall way down there, because all we've been doing is winning in all facets - and don't opposition nuffies just love it...

uxrfGIhg.jpg

I remember when we were about to collapse and fall off the cliff way back in 2010, good times. If we fell we must've bounced off the corpse of the Hawfs and Tiggies who kindly broke our fall way down there, because all we've been doing is winning in all facets - and don't opposition nuffies just love it...
One flag in a decade is "winning in all facets"? Hawthorn and Richmond with three flags each are corpses? I detect Bathwaterus Footscrayitis.

Bigger picture, you literally just made "middle of the pack" status. Good for you. Hopefully news of your demise is premature, but given your clubs history back-to-back is highly unlikely.

View attachment 1539266
They are all mingers, but the chick in the middle is a disgrace

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ahh the daily/weekly/monthly/annually “predict Geelong’s downfall” thread.

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

Were you one of the Flagmantle nuffies who bought their air fares to the big dance back in May ? ;)
How else do you get a cheap, refundable flight? Wait till a week out and pay 3-4K and go via Singapore?

Cats have a habit of not going too well after a flag. They are no chance at back to back, they should just tank for a low pick now.

One flag in a decade is "winning in all facets"? Hawthorn and Richmond with three flags each are corpses? I detect Bathwaterus Footscrayitis.

Bigger picture, you literally just made "middle of the pack" status. Good for you. Hopefully news of your demise is premature, but given your clubs history back-to-back is highly unlikely.

We’ll have a crack and see. We might not but imagine if we do. We’re in the habit of proving people wrong at the minute so nothing would surprise me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

How else do you get a cheap, refundable flight? Wait till a week out and pay 3-4K and go via Singapore?

Cats have a habit of not going too well after a flag. They are no chance at back to back, they should just tank for a low pick now.
So how was it watching a proper team time their run to perfection and take home the silverware?😁😁😁

Bay,

So your troll is that you hope geelong becomes like what everyone else is already?

oh no how will we survive? We might be like the bulldogs next year. How do you do it?

You should go post this on the main board where all opposition supporters (especially pies supporters) are asking for afl intervention because in their words we are too good and unstoppable.

Back