Doona2

Cancelled
Mar 1, 2005
Kilmore
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Kilmore, Broadford, Yea, Calder
Must've been a fiery day when Shepp Swans welcomed Seymour to town on Saturday. Word has it Saad Saad went down behind play and had to be taken to hospital. Matty Collins and little Gez Liddell received stitches to facial cuts. Was anybody at the match or knows what went down?

Doona2 said:
Must've been a fiery day when Shepp Swans welcomed Seymour to town on Saturday. Word has it Saad Saad went down behind play and had to be taken to hospital. Matty Collins and little Gez Liddell received stitches to facial cuts. Was anybody at the match or knows what went down?

Saw the footage of the match on Win, but Saad's incident wasn't shown...

Gerard Liddell tried to take on Jarrod Sutherland, who picked up little GEZ like a rag doll.

Seymour has officially requested an invetsigation into the Saad incident...is likely to miss clash with Benalla.

Spoke with a bloke at work today who was at the game. Said it wasn't exactly behind play but Swans coach will have a few sleepless nights because the Lions videotape every game and got a clear view of the incident.

harsh said:
Is the man with the greatest name in country footy okay?
not sure. it all sounds very harsh, and not very fair.

hopefully he is out for at least until rochy play them next. more importantly though, I hope he is ok as the man is obviously a star.

League probe into broken jaw
By Mark Brown

June 15 2005
Shepparton News

A behind-the-play incident that left star Seymour forward Saad Saad unconscious and with a suspected broken jaw is now the centre of an official investigation.
Goulburn Valley Football League general manager Eric Bott yesterday confirmed Seymour had called for an official investigation into the circumstances which led to Saad being hospitalised following Saturday's fiery clash against Shepparton Swans.

"We've received a letter from the club and the $500 deposit required," Bott said.

"I've already spoken to the VCFL (Victorian Country Football League) and they'll be assisting with the appointment of an investigating officer."

Saad was felled during an altercation at the city end of Princess Park, 10 minutes into the final quarter.

He was assisted from the ground in a groggy state and was later taken to Goulburn Valley Base Hospital where he was cleared of a broken jaw.

The investigating officer has 21 days to compile his report into the incident and decide whether any reports should be laid as a result.

Jock's Netballers said:
Jarrod Sutherland, coach of Shepp Swans, to face tribunal on Tuesday night, charged with allegedly striking Seymour's Saad Saad.
fair dinkum?? that is a huge surprise. he is generally a very fair player.

Saad must be some sort of player.
He has bounced back from a bout of concussion which forced him to be taken to hospital to kick eight big ones against Benalla seven days later.
The guy is a freak.
No wonder AFL clubs are chasing him.
Go Saad.

harsh said:
Saad must be some sort of player.
He has bounced back from a bout of concussion which forced him to be taken to hospital to kick eight big ones against Benalla seven days later.
The guy is a freak.
No wonder AFL clubs are chasing him.
Go Saad.
yeah good work saady.

following on from the sutherland discussion last week, can someone update me on when the hearing is/was?? I was hoping that he wouldn't be able to play vs rochy on the w'end but in the end I guess it didn't matter.

jmain14 said:
yeah good work saady.

following on from the sutherland discussion last week, can someone update me on when the hearing is/was?? I was hoping that he wouldn't be able to play vs rochy on the w'end but in the end I guess it didn't matter.

7pm tonight at the GVFL...is believed to be pleading guilty, and talk is he'll get three of the best...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too good Jock.
Spot on the money with your prediction.
Speaking of money now can you reveal how much $$ Benalla is forking out to not win the flag this year?
Will your job on the coaching staff be under threat next year if the Saints come up short?

harsh said:
Too good Jock.
Spot on the money with your prediction.
Speaking of money now can you reveal how much $$ Benalla is forking out to not win the flag this year?
Will your job on the coaching staff be under threat next year if the Saints come up short?
he he he

Remove this Banner Ad

Back