Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Like essentially all teams they have some quality 24 and unders like Rankine, Rachele, Soligo, Tilthorpe and Michalanney. Plus Curtin, who is obviously yet to debut, but I'm expecting big things.

Some others have had unimpressive starts to the season though, eg. Jones, Cook, Berry.

Pedlar in particular had been absolutely diabolical over the first two games. He was comically bad last week. He plays like a poor man's SPP. I'm not sure what his injury was today, but hopefully it's not serious.

I think the coaching is going to hold them back.

According to old mate they've got it all figured out, and are now giving advice to other supporter bases on how to rebuild.

There are some definite green shoots...but they're a mile off still.

If we're to use your mob as the measuring stick like he's trying to, then they are probably at Blues circa 2019. That's still a long way from 2024.

Carlton had Weitering, Curnow, McKay and TDK all under 22 at that time.

Mids are easy to find, who is going to hold down North's forward line and defence? North can barely land a decent role player with FA let alone a lucrative KPP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North should do the AFL a favour and close its doors. Statistically worse than Fitzroy before they were re homed to Brisbane
Essendon should’ve been booted out of the competition for team doping. STHU.

Honestly I’m not even sure if between the 3 clubs you could make a decent team from their youth.

All 3 have massive holes and don’t look like improving anytime soon.
Not sure anyone with Ports depth should even be commenting.
Once your “all chips in” topping up is over… the cupboard is utterly bare.

Being at Glenelg today I saw a group of unskilled plodders. Absolutely flogged. 14 AFL players including Sweet, Narkle, Georgiadis, Williams, Clurey, Sinn.
Not a mob of kids that’s for sure…

Possibly George will make his way in if there are injuries. Not another player will have a 50 game AFL career. Cupboard is bare.

Go look in your own mirror.

Honestly I’m not even sure if between the 3 clubs you could make a decent team from their youth.

All 3 have massive holes and don’t look like improving anytime soon.
Our holes are in defence and up forward. That's not where our youth is. The youth we DO have on the list, is pretty good. It's the only reason I watch every week, even though I know we're unlikely to win

Not sure anyone with Ports depth should even be commenting.
Once your “all chips in” topping up is over… the cupboard is utterly bare.

Being at Glenelg today I saw a group of unskilled plodders. Absolutely flogged. 14 AFL players including Sweet, Narkle, Georgiadis, Williams, Clurey, Sinn.
Not a mob of kids that’s for sure…

Possibly George will make his way in if there are injuries. Not another player will have a 50 game AFL career. Cupboard is bare.

Go look in your own mirror.

Guess lucky for us we have one of the best young midfields in the comp and half our best 22 side is 26 and under.

Guess we won’t have to worry about that cliff for sometime…

Guess lucky for us we have one of the best young midfields in the comp and half our best 22 side is 26 and under.

That cliff is going to come fast with such poor depth. Good luck taking that utter crap to the VFL.
Even the senior side walked out at 3/4 time.

Crows were reliant on Tex Walker playing incredible footy last season.

Now he seems well and truly cooked so they are back down the bottom needing to hit the draft.

No doubt he helped, but people who think he was the difference in us not finishing bottom 4 did not watch us play last year.

Completely different (s**t) style that hinders our most talented players.

That's got to hurt from an Adelaide POV.

Port have been around the mark the entire time Adelaide have been rebuilding, and still manage to have three young mids who are going to dominate for another decade.

Carlton had Weitering, Curnow, McKay and TDK all under 22 at that time.

Mids are easy to find, who is going to hold down North's forward line and defence? North can barely land a decent role player with FA let alone a lucrative KPP.
Don't know and don't really care to be honest. We're both saying that they're a mile off it.

Comprehension a strong suit still.. I don't see Essendon in the title #rentfree
You want to talk about clubs being removed from the comp, have a look at your own.

We can all have the best mids ever but it means **** all if you have no one to kick goals or stop goals in key positions…all 3 team’s have horrendous key position depth down back and forward

Us:

Backline:

James Blanck- VFL player, who’s out this entire season with an acl

Ethan Phillips- another vfl player, who will be lucky to be on our senior list next season

Sam frost- has surprisingly been our best defender this season but would only get a game at north and no one else

Will McCabe- 2-3 years off playing at afl level. Has stress fractures in his back and will barely play this season. Loses an entire season of development.

Forward line:

Mitch Lewis- never played more than 15 games in a season or kicked over 37. Our supporters talk him up as one of the best key forwards in the comp…not in the top 10

Mabior chol- 27 years old and at his third club. Spent all of last season playing vfl behind Levi casboult

Max ramsden- only 20..still very raw. Has potential but we won’t know for another 2-3 years if he will make it at afl level

Calshear Dear- son of the late Paul Dear. A project player drafted from the VAFA. 2-3 years away.

North Melbourne:

Backline:

Griffen Logue
Toby pink
Aidan Corr
Kallan dawson
Charlie comben

More depth than us but none of those 5 are playing for anyone other than their team or us

Forward line:

Nick larkey- elite
Coleman-Jones- injury prone. Won’t make it.
Anyone else???

Adelaide:

Backline:

The best of the three club’s but still well below average…

Jordan butts- looks decent but can he become elite?
Nick Murray- ACL
Mark Keane- wouldn’t get a game at majority of teams
Dan curtain- will eventually play midfield
Josh Worrell- only playing because Murray is out injured

Forward line:

Taylor Walker- finished at the end of this season
Darcy Fogarty- can he become a number 1? Highly doubtful
Chris burgess- actually played well this season but he would struggle to get a game for most teams.

As you can see, all three club’s have deplorable key position depth and none of us will be playing finals in 2024 or 2025…maybe by miracle one of us will sneak in come 2026.

All 3 club’s list managers are going to need to work their magic in the coming years. Good luck!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back