Which of the expansion teams do you prefer? (Non-supporters)

Remove this Banner Ad

Gimme the Fyfe

All Australian
Sep 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
I will have to go for Gold Coast on the basis that I believe Kevin Sheedy to be very snide, cunning and arrogant all the way. Out of the two teams I just think that despite the concessions given to both Gold Coast were somewhat more 'by the book'. Finally I see the Suns as a smaller team that has more to prove.

Yeah this is a non-poll really, Gold coast.

Have soft spots for both teams, I probably prefer GWS a little more because I like their colours.

I'm really glad that you have the balls to say that. I think there ARE very superficial reasons for liking any of the two. To be honest, I do think the colours are better, as well as their sponsor (from the old country! :). Haven't heard their song yet. I think both teams have cool nicknames too by the way, they both sound kind of American.

Gold Coast. Even though they took my Ablett. I think the expansion project is more worthy in that part of the country. Plus their colours and jumper are boss as.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are 17 opposition teams, I loathe them all equally.

And there is always milksops like yourself, unfortunately.

Footy is a man's game, support your team and hate the rest.

Lol... supporters who try to turn footy into a quasi-religious cult crack me up...

"Us and them" speech -> unfounded pride -> patriotism -> exclusion -> insular mindsets... :rolleyes:

GWS in my home state. That Sheedy is kooky at times, but he's perfect for the role in a start up team with the odds against them. The GWS jumper is a bold choice, in comparison to the Suns, which just looks like a red training jumper.

GWS are paying a lot of attention to the rural corridor Sydney-Canberra-Wagga, so they're promoting AFL in NSW-ACT.

Have soft spots for both teams, I probably prefer GWS a little more because I like their colours.

You sound like my gf at the races!

In my eyes, both plastic franchises (not clubs) cynically built by city hall to cash in whilst hugely compromising the competition. Not a huge fan of either.

If I had to choose it’d be GWS for the Sheeds factor. The hate for him makes me smile, it reminds me of good times when we were at the top of the tree… people used to squeal about him then too, he’d just find a way to make them even angrier. He’s the king of winding people up and I love how he plays the ****head media on a break.

GC because I think there recruiting tactics were far more intelligent than the Giants, who actually just looked like they were trying to piss people off. The giants won't win a game next year even though they're in a market that demands immediate success. The perceived arrogance of Sheedy doesn't help either. (The Giants' most senior defender will be a VFL player. Well done.

I really enjoyed watching GC play this year but overall I think I am going to be more partial to GWS. Living in Sydney now they offer another chance to see the footy every week, there is the Sheedy factor (I can't help but appreciate his achievements at Essendon), and finally because everyone wants them to fail so they are almost the ultimate underdog (until all their players turn 23 and they start dominating).

Neither. They deny teams/supporters who have waited decades for success, that opportunity whilst being handed the recipe for success on a silver platter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back