Which AFL stars have local YVMDFL clubs produced?

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure on Allan but aren't we overlooking his son at the very least here?? Current upwey premiership player but played all his jnrs at emerald I'm sure of it...

The few I know from Seville are:

Josh Fraser - played juinors for a few years
Chris Shore - Drafted by North but de-listed after 2 years without a game
Nathan O'keefe - Drafted by north but was "controvesially" delisted after a handfull of games.

Jack Cassin - Just googled seville football club and this guy came up. Looks like he could play.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Cassin

Craig Davenport St Kilda & Carl was at Seville. Jason Snell Geelong was Upwey.

Was Allan Davis from Emerald or moved there after VFL?

Can we add Shane Heal he played in a Under 17 flag at Yarra Junction.
Shane played all his footy at Seville as a junior, then went to junction with a few mates and played in that flag. In 1984>85 he played in a under 16s development match for Carlton, it was a curtain raiser at Waverley before the Senior Coll v Carl game, he was a pretty good player marked well but kicked with the David Cloke style (crap kick) lucky he could shoot and hes not blonde.

Shane played all his footy at Seville as a junior, then went to junction with a few mates and played in that flag. In 1984>85 he played in a under 16s development match for Carlton, it was a curtain raiser at Waverley before the Senior Coll v Carl game, he was a pretty good player marked well but kicked with the David Cloke style (crap kick) lucky he could shoot and hes not blonde.

Who was the big rednut that played in the same GF at Yj Dicko or something like that that played basketball I think he might have played for Australia. Wasnt Ben Aulich.

The few I know from Seville are:

Josh Fraser - played juinors for a few years
Chris Shore - Drafted by North but de-listed after 2 years without a game
Nathan O'keefe - Drafted by north but was "controvesially" delisted after a handfull of games.

Jack Cassin - Just googled seville football club and this guy came up. Looks like he could play.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Cassin
I knew Jack Cassin's son, John, when in Colac and he played over 100 VFL games with Ess, Nth M and Fitz?

Ian Kidgell was a Sth Belgrave boy in the YVMDFL before he went to Hawthorn and Brisbane Bears.

Chris Shore can't be included if no senior game.

Who was the big rednut that played in the same GF at Yj Dicko or something like that that played basketball I think he might have played for Australia. Wasnt Ben Aulich.
Hump his name was Cameron Dickinson from memory, he played bball out Broadmedows way and trained with the basketball state junior sides. Was always a hard game playing those days over in Broady and Cam was a little wild himself. Im sure he played a few seasons of NBL but i dont think he really made a regular starting 5 " but I maybe wrong about that " pretty sure he never made the Aust side.
No it wasn't Ben, he was most likely seeing how many Tromps Pies and Donuts he could consume in 2mins, then eat 10 dims sims and wash down with 2 cans of Coke. lol WHOOPS I shouldn't have said that I could end up in cuffs. SORRY MATE

Kane Fraser played his Junior football at Healesville - He played 5 games in 96, 97 and 98 at Hawthorn.

Chad Davis did play Juniors at Emerald, and then went to Carey Grammar for 3 years - played 38 games for Saints

Craig Davenport St Kilda & Carl was at Seville. Jason Snell Geelong was Upwey.

Was Allan Davis from Emerald or moved there after VFL?

Can we add Shane Heal he played in a Under 17 flag at Yarra Junction.
I dont mean to be rude and answer your input Hump. just thought I could help with some of the background, Craig Devenport played his junior footy at Mooralbark and Croydon, he was close mates with Shane as well, through basketball (rep junior Vic sides) and family. He came to Seville for a season or 2 before being invited AFL level, he was an all round good sportsman, Soccer, footy, bball

I dont mean to be rude and answer your input Hump. just thought I could help with some of the background, Craig Devenport played his junior footy at Mooralbark and Croydon, he was close mates with Shane as well, through basketball (rep junior Vic sides) and family. He came to Seville for a season or 2 before being invited AFL level, he was an all round good sportsman, Soccer, footy, bball
On that basis, Seville have a right to claims of contributing to Craig's development.
It certainly doesn't stop the EFL clubs when they pinch our kids!

Jeff Bates Healesville-Geelong (in Healesville team of century)
Jimmy Gould- Healesville-Carlton
John Wallace- Alex-Melbourne
John and Peter Tossol- Thornton-Melbourne
Rob Elliot- Thornton/Yea- St Kilda

Trying to resist the tongue-in-cheek factor but a number of early YV umpires also went onto the lofty heights of VFL/AFL senior footy!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trying to resist the tongue-in-cheek factor but a number of early YV umpires also went onto the lofty heights of VFL/AFL senior footy!
Not so tongue-in-cheek, MIW! A very good point and I apologise for my oversight.
I've got a couple that come to mind (Damien Sully for one). I know we sent on a few boundary umps as well. Not sure about goalies.
Would you care to rack up a list? Feel free to dig back as far as you can!

The YVMDFL are running an item on their home page of VFL/AFL players who have come from or gone to their league. Seem to have used information discussed on this site. Does anyone remember Peter Daniel of Woori Yallock?
peterdaniel.jpg

I just browsed the YVMDFNL page and was a bit surprised to see Upwey had listed Jon Lilley.
Jon certainly played there in my time (sensational bloke and mighty player), but as far as I know he didn't originate from Upwey.
Upwey Fan, can you help out?

I just browsed the YVMDFNL page and was a bit surprised to see Upwey had listed Jon Lilley.
Jon certainly played there in my time (sensational bloke and mighty player), but as far as I know he didn't originate from Upwey.
Upwey Fan, can you help out?
Monnie have just looked at the league website neither Jeff Pitts or John Lilley started their careers with us-not sure where the league obtained the information

In that case he would have played junior football at Belgrave I would suppose? I do believe he coached/played with them for a couple of years in the late 70's early 80's too.
Not that I recall.
One of his boys coached Belgrave, but well after that. Perhaps that is where you got the idea.

Not that I recall.
One of his boys coached Belgrave, but well after that. Perhaps that is where you got the idea.
My info is Jeff Pitts coached Belgrave to two Grand Finals in the late 80's but unfortunately they were beaten both times. He then went on to coach Rosebud for a couple of years after that.... His younger son Trent also coached Belgrave for a couple of years in the early 2000's.

My info is Jeff Pitts coached Belgrave to two Grand Finals in the late 80's but unfortunately they were beaten both times. He then went on to coach Rosebud for a couple of years after that.... His younger son Trent also coached Belgrave for a couple of years in the early 2000's.
Yep! I reckon you're right on all counts, CW.
Jeff was great mates with Twiggy Dunne and he took him to Rosebud as an assistant. The Buds still remember them fondly. Two great people and fine players.
BTW, Nick Jewell has the job at Rosebud next season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back