Food/Supplements Whey Protein Isolate

Remove this Banner Ad

IAMDASH

All Australian
Mar 7, 2001
Melbourne
I have been using Musashi iso8 lean WPI forn the the past few year's but is no longer available. It has been relaunched as Musahsi Lean WPI. Probably the exact same product but might be time for a change.

Can anyone else recommend a lean WPI?

Number One requirement from me is that it must not taste like rubbish.

I have been using Musashi iso8 lean WPI forn the the past few year's but is no longer available. It has been relaunched as Musahsi Lean WPI. Probably the exact same product but might be time for a change.

It is obvious from the flavours offered for body building supplements that body builders have the pallet of a six year old - its shocking

Just get an unflavoured bulk protein online.

I just mix mine into a banana smoothie after a workout, add some honey, creatine & dextrose.

Why do you need a WPI?

If you're running a no-carb/keto diet - fair enough.
If you're lactose intolerant - fair enough.

If it's simple because it has lower carbs, you're just wasting money. The difference in carbs of a 30g scoop is 0.5g vs 1.5g carbs - so bugger all.

Sorry, I don't buy it from there. I usually get it for $60/kg

I was told to use it as part of a program I'm doing, something about that one having the actual scientifical proven benefits etc..

I also use gold standard at work.

http://proteindirect.com.au/

or

http://www.bulknutrients.com.au/

Anything else is a gigantic waste of money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers for that. I bought my first lot a few weeks ago from a local store but at $49.95 for 750g it seemed pretty pricey.

I really like the flavour though (creamy vanilla) which surprised me considering all the horror stories I'd read on here. I'll check out the vanilla flavoured stuff from your first link next.

Edit - just noticed how cheap creatine is from the 2nd link too :thumbsu:
I don't use that at the moment but I've been planning on trying it

Cheers for that. I bought my first lot a few weeks ago from a local store but at $49.95 for 750g it seemed pretty pricey.

I really like the flavour though (creamy vanilla) which surprised me considering all the horror stories I'd read on here. I'll check out the vanilla flavoured stuff from your first link next.

Edit - just noticed how cheap creatine is from the 2nd link too :thumbsu:
I don't use that at the moment but I've been planning on trying it
My only problem with bulknutirents is their scoop weighting isn't particularly reliable (they say 1 scoop of BCAA is 2 grams, it's actually 3.5g). Grab a set of microscales for $10 from ebay to double check your portions.

Bulknutrients for me. Fantastic pricing/shipping. I've had some seals break on the creatine/protein packaging, but aside from that it's as good as anything else. Just don't waste your money by paying anything ridiculous.

Ordered fro BulkNutrients today, but once you pay for shipping, not much cheaper than brands from your local shop.

Ordered fro BulkNutrients today, but once you pay for shipping, not much cheaper than brands from your local shop.

Depends how much you buy. I normally buy in the 10-15kg range so it saves me a bundle. If you're only buying 1 or 2kg at a time delivery will be a huge chunk. Can always go in with a friend or two and split delivery between everyone.

Depends how much you buy. I normally buy in the 10-15kg range so it saves me a bundle. If you're only buying 1 or 2kg at a time delivery will be a huge chunk. Can always go in with a friend or two and split delivery between everyone.

Right you are, but I did not want to buy in bulk initally and not like what I was taking

Oh, they have a free sample process where they'll send you 2 single serve packets free.

You can also ask them to throw in a few other flavour samples in your order notes if you want to try other ones and they'll include it in your order.

Yeah bulk nutrients for me too.
Have tried numerous other commercial proteins over the years that claim this and that but have found the BN stuff just as good if not better and for a fraction of the price.

Tried No Bull supps protein for a change a few months back as well which has a really high protein %, but tastes like a bull has shat in the mixing vat along the way too.....

Thanks for the advice on Bulk Nutrients guys.

How does their BCAA go? Currently taking Dymatize BCAA 2200, but this tastes terrible and I have to add a dash of cordial to get it down

Thanks for the advice on Bulk Nutrients guys.

How does their BCAA go? Currently taking Dymatize BCAA 2200, but this tastes terrible and I have to add a dash of cordial to get it down
Their BCAA also tastes terrible but you can buy a flavour sachet that you mix into the 1kg bag to make it palatable. I still mix in a dash of diet cordial though.

Yeah bulk nutrients for me too.
Tried No Bull supps protein for a change a few months back as well which has a really high protein %, but tastes like a bull has shat in the mixing vat along the way too.....

No idea which flavour you tried, but the choc and choc honeycomb especially are terrific. You can get 3 sample packs for $9 too, cheap way to try before you buy.

No idea which flavour you tried, but the choc and choc honeycomb especially are terrific. You can get 3 sample packs for $9 too, cheap way to try before you buy.

Agreed. No Bull tastes pretty good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back