List Mgmt. Where are they now? (ex suns)

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably better off with a standalone club opportunities wise to enhance their development, given afl affiliated clubs will always priortise their own players first. Southport the next best thing up there.

Two more Academy overagers in Taine Dawson and Cody Harrington have signed on with the Southport Sharks also. Both lads from Broadbeach Cats. Dawson picked up QAFL Rising Star award this year.

Great to see local boys continue their footy journey at VFL level without having to leave Qld.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Two more Academy overagers in Taine Dawson and Cody Harrington have signed on with the Southport Sharks also. Both lads from Broadbeach Cats. Dawson picked up QAFL Rising Star award this year.

Great to see local boys continue their footy journey at VFL level without having to leave Qld.

Definitely a good thing, will help their development as footballers. One of the positives of having northern clubs in this VFL league (even though its certainly not perfect set up)

Markov shaved off the Mo for charity for movember
Looks like someone I don’t recognise

0b9d67ff50fc2a8ddbf4d114cf7a902a.jpg

Markov shaved off the Mo for charity for movember
Looks like someone I don’t recognise

0b9d67ff50fc2a8ddbf4d114cf7a902a.jpg

He took away the only thing that separated him from everyone else. Shame really.

oh yeah but good cause and all that.

Great to see another inaugural Sun returning to the Gold Coast and giving back to the grassroots level in his post playing career. Tom Hickey should dominate for PBC in the QAFL next year and will be a great mentor for the Palmy juniors coming through our academy. A genuine full circle moment for Hickey returning to the city where it all began as a 17 year old volleyballer.

Just goes to show the Gold Coast really does have a pull on these guys when they could live just about anywhere in the country but often elect our great city as their destination of choice. Hopefully Hickey builds on his relationships with former Suns teammates as well as teammates from other clubs that now live on the GC like Buddy Franklin or his new coach at Palmy and former Saints teammate David Armitage. I'd like to see him build great relationships with guys currently at the Suns too. Might even be a gig for him under Dimma if he proves himself in an off field role like Malceski did when he went back to Labrador & Broadbeach for a few years.

Strange Brodie McLaughlin didn’t get picked up in any drafts or named as a SPP. What a fall from grace

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Entirely possible the Levi sisters return to play for us in this upcoming 2024 AFLW season. They signed on until the 2025-26 season with Rugby Australia but it seems that's relatively easy to get out of considering Maddison signed a two year extension with us just before she converted to rugby. We just made finals so that should be more appealing for them and pay is dramatically increasing in the AFLW from next season which helps as well. I think it'll just come down to whether they win the gold medal at the Olympics next year because that's the last thing left for them to do in Rugby 7s as they've already won the World Cup, Commonwealth Games and the World Sevens Series.

Entirely possible the Levi sisters return to play for us in this upcoming 2024 AFLW season. They signed on until the 2025-26 season with Rugby Australia but it seems that's relatively easy to get out of considering Maddison signed a two year extension with us just before she converted to rugby. We just made finals so that should be more appealing for them and pay is dramatically increasing in the AFLW from next season which helps as well. I think it'll just come down to whether they win the gold medal at the Olympics next year because that's the last thing left for them to do in Rugby 7s as they've already won the World Cup, Commonwealth Games and the World Sevens Series.
Are they even still on the list? I doubt it, so they'll have to go through the draft again I think?
I think the club has moved on from them, and you could say is in a better place.

Last edited:

Let’s move on

I feel like I've said this before but I'm fully over the whole Levi Sisters circus; We made finals without them and at this stage they'd only be taking spots that should be going to girls that have busted their humps and are 100% focused on footy.

If we're that keen on having a pair of sisters in the squad I'm pretty sure Lucy Single has a younger sister and Luce has been busting her ass this year so I'd much rather have another copy of her.

Maddi played one year with us and looked like a potential beast mode player. If the sisters never tried to play with us but went straight to 7's and stayed there until after Paris, but then wanted to become 2 sport athletes and wanted to play with us, I suspect we would think that was awesome.

I don't get why the initial involvement several years ago would change anything. If they ever do come back and play AFLW with us, I will think it is awesome.

Have you seen them move? These are genuine elite athletes with great hands. We are still a ways off being a top 4 team, and personally I would love to see them chasing or running towards some of those Brisbane players (of either gender quite frankly). Gives me Jed Walter in beast mode vibes.

View attachment 1865693

Fair enough to Sharpy. Hopefully he can get the best out of himself at home
Homesick is probably BS.
Hardwick’s decision to join the Suns as senior coach has generated plenty of excitement around the club and Sharp said the three-time premiership coach had reached out to him after his appointment.

“I had a meeting with him in the back end of the season,” Sharp said.

“He called me a couple of times while I was in Europe. He did show me a bit of love there, but I suppose that call came nine or 10 months too late, I suppose.

“I’m sure he’s going to do some great things up there. He’s an exceptional coach and person. I hope for success on their end.”

Aaron Hall returns to the Gold Coast in 2024 to play in the QAFL for PBC alongside another former Sun in Tom Hickey. Aaron of course played over 100 AFL games for us and only reached 58 for North Melbourne so his son and daughter will be F/S & F/D eligible for us in the future and may even end up in our academy. Get the feeling Aaron will really thrive at the QAFL level because defensive chasing isn't as necessary at that level and it sounds like he wants to get into coaching as well considering he'll be one of Palmy's assistant coaches this year. Looks like PBC are going to have a fair crack at the QAFL premiership next year and hopefully some of our academy boys like Dylan Patterson are involved.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back