Movie What's the last movie you saw? (7)

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfrosted
Not as bad as what people are saying (on the internet)
Good story to tell. Reminds me of the movie founder with Michael Keaton just not as good.
Casting was good, acting was good, everything from cinematography? Props all of that is good. Only thing it really lacks is a lack of jokes. Not funny really more a bit humorous. Not enough to laugh. Won't watch again but don't regret giving it a go. 6.5/10

Ferrari

I only got 25 minutes in and binned it. I was bored. It all felt really flat. Adam Driver had the same expression on his face the whole time. It felt like I was going to be watching a soap opera about his domestic life rather than about his passion for what became the most iconic car brand in the world.

The Fall Guy - I really enjoyed it (cinematography around Sydney was great) but despite going during a traditionally busy timeslot, the cinema was nearly empty and I heard it isn't faring well at the box office despite positive reviews from fans and critics alike.

Barbie - Netflix

Ok I see what all the fuss was - this was good

Kudos to Mattel for putting themselves up for anything

The cast was fine - even Will Ferrel - who I didnt know was in this until the intro credits but he was ok

I liked how they handled the history and it makes me want to delve into some more of the history

Even the singing was fine

8/10

The Fall Guy - I really enjoyed it (cinematography around Sydney was great) but despite going during a traditionally busy timeslot, the cinema was nearly empty and I heard it isn't faring well at the box office despite positive reviews from fans and critics alike.

As someone who had limited time these days I have to be pretty selective about what I go out to see. Guess I can speculate as to why I'm not rushing to see this one.

An action comedy directed by the guy who made Bullet Train sounds like the perfect kind of movie to stream at home on a lazy Sunday afternoon in the distant future. Disposable, light-hearted fun. I'm sure I'll have a great time.

When was the last action comedy to make a bunch of money?

As someone who had limited time these days I have to be pretty selective about what I go out to see. Guess I can speculate as to why I'm not rushing to see this one.

An action comedy directed by the guy who made Bullet Train sounds like the perfect kind of movie to stream at home on a lazy Sunday afternoon in the distant future. Disposable, light-hearted fun. I'm sure I'll have a great time.

I mean, I feel like these kind of action comedies look better on a big screen. Same with sci-fi, why are streamers trying to make sci-fi IP when the small screen hampers its scope?

I mean, I feel like these kind of action comedies look better on a big screen. Same with sci-fi, why are streamers trying to make sci-fi IP when the small screen hampers its scope?
No doubt. In a perfect world I'd like to go see it and about 3 other movies out at theatres right now.

Just speculating why it's not doing that well. Maybe people need a more emotional pull these days?

Barbie - Netflix

Ok I see what all the fuss was - this was good

Kudos to Mattel for putting themselves up for anything

The cast was fine - even Will Ferrel - who I didnt know was in this until the intro credits but he was ok

I liked how they handled the history and it makes me want to delve into some more of the history

Even the singing was fine

8/10
I had no intention of watching this ever but if a crusty old bugger like you is giving it an 8 it makes me wonder what I'm missing..

Hot take but I liked Barbie way more than La La Land as a tribute to old hollywood. Theres a been a lot of work put into the set designs and the songs, you can tell how much Greta Gerwig and the rest of the production crew love old musicals.

I have no idea what Fall Guy is about other than he's a stuntman? So to me it seems like, what if take a basic concept from Drive but make a fun action comedy romance instead?

Now I still wanna see it cause I heard it's a fun action flick for grown ups, which is not that common, but I really think that trailers give away too little of a movie's story these days, and instead just focus on the big scenes and funny lines. Show me a plot. It's ok to see people talking.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

I have no idea what Fall Guy is about other than he's a stuntman? So to me it seems like, what if take a basic concept from Drive but make a fun action comedy romance instead?

Now I still wanna see it cause I heard it's a fun action flick for grown ups, which is not that common, but I really think that trailers give away too little of a movie's story these days, and instead just focus on the big scenes and funny lines. Show me a plot. It's ok to see people talking.

Making of documentary:

It did similarly to Bullet Train and the Lost City at the box office, it was slightly underwhelming but I feel the reporting of it being a disappointment were exaggerated.

Good movie anyway, wouldn’t rush to go see it but I’m glad I did

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It did similarly to Bullet Train and the Lost City at the box office, it was slightly underwhelming but I feel the reporting of it being a disappointment were exaggerated.

Good movie anyway, wouldn’t rush to go see it but I’m glad I did
The difference is the budget, Lost City cost about $75, Bullet Train $90m, Fall Guy $120-150m. Hopefully it legs out and does well cause it's the kind of movie I'd like to see more of.

I agree they didn't really get across the plot of the movie in the trailers. It's based on an 80s TV show,so like many of them, the hero finds himself mixed up in criminal trouble and has to use his skills to get himself out of it.

I must be the odd one out because I didn't enjoy Fall Guy. I actually fell asleep in the cinema - 4/10

For a family movie this was outstanding, can't believe I'd never heard of it

10/10

Why the * did Sacha Baron Cohen go all stupid and play moronic roles. He was brilliant in this movie, playing a balanced blend of personas. He could have been so much more.

He's been in a lot of flops and mediocre films and played roles that can't be taken seriously.

For a family movie this was outstanding, can't believe I'd never heard of it

10/10

Why the * did Sacha Baron Cohen go all stupid and play moronic roles. He was brilliant in this movie, playing a balanced blend of personas. He could have been so much more.

He's been in a lot of flops and mediocre films and played roles that can't be taken seriously.

Honestly an underrated Scorsese! Méliès was probably cinema’s first great auteur and I love that Scorsese did a video essay on his brilliance wrapped up in a children’s film.

The Black Phone

Had me invested from the opening scene. I was initially confused about what was going on as it's not obvious who the protagonist is. Solid movie. Pity David Stratton hated it. Another example of critics going too deep.

The young girl was out of this world with her performance

9.5/10

Glass Onion: Knives Out

5/10

Not my kind of movie. I understand it's got a bit of a cult like feel for it's desired audience but it's not me. I just couldn't get into it at all.

Passenger 57

6/10

Worth a watch, some stupid scenes but I felt confused as it tried to add comedic elements while being serious at the same time. Felt like it didn't really hit the mark overall. Worth a watch but probably wont' go back. It's not Die Hard.

Ran through several MCU movies today - my half arsed MCU marathon is in full swing :p

Iron Man - 3/5

Saw it at the cinema wayyyyyyyyyyyy back in the day, was one that I immediately got the 2 disc special edition dvd upon release. Only graduated to the bluray then 4K versions over the last couple of years. Funny thing is that first viewing at the cinema, I was right into it and thought it was cool. However as it turns out the more I watched it, the more I couldn't suspend disbelief (as per most super hero/comic book movies - the final confrontation between hero and villain lacked something). Technically Tony Stark should have died! - granted yes he "rolled out of harms way" ;) :p

Incredible Hulk - 3/5

I kinda prefer the Eric Bana Hulk movie (much like I love other earlier "Marvel" works compared to the MCU counterparts). That said I thought the Ed Norton Incredible Hulk movie was decent, not fantastic..... but decent. I'd love to see more solo Hulk movies get made but with the rights being tied up with Universal - it's likely never happening (or certainly not for a long while).

Captain America: The First Avenger - 4/5

Most say this movie is made like a glorified toy commercial. I say ? It's bloooooooooooody awesome. Captain America would be my favourite Marvel Comic character and to see him done well on film is a joy.

Have started The Avengers but will probably continue it tomorrow. This is where while the film and MCU in general should be celebrated.... it's where I start growing weary of the formula (plus the obvious amount of green screen and cgi work takes me out of the film. It looks extra fake in 4K!).

The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare (2024)

A paint by numbers Guy Ritchie WWII caper about a group of outcasts put together to scuttle a Nazi ship that supplies U-Boats. It starts off ok then gets silly towards the end. They are tasked with an impossible mission but they are so awesome at everything that you never feel a sense of jeopardy. All the characters are cliched, with no development. Rory Kinnear is usually very good but he's badly cast as Churchill.

It's ok as a couple of hours of entertainment but forgettable.

4/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back