Mod. Notice What Would You Like To See On The Boards In 2011?

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: What would you like to see on the boards in 2011

A tipping competition that someone is willing to keep up to date with a small prize at the end :)
That would be fairly easy, all you would have to do is start a Bigfooty Magpies posters league on one of the competition tipping sites like the Herald Sun or Collingwood's comp.

As a former treasurer of the Cheersquad in the days before the current censorship, one of the weekly hilights was coming up with witty and often cutting banner slogans !
A personal favorite was at Carlscums home ground when we referred to Percy Jones and and a well known Melbourne mental hospital !

But it would be fun to see what the talented members on here can come up with each week, seeing as we will never see anything witty on banners these days.

I like this idea and it is certainly something that could be a good feature to the board if we get enough people behind it to make sure it's up everyweek.

I would love the club to open up a little more to the BF Magpies and allow some of the passionate supporters to interview players once a week with the resulting conversation posted on a thread here. Questions could be posed by other posters in the leadup to the interview to create input from a number of posters.

I know it is out of the Mods control but anyone closer to the club could get things rolling, I think it would be great!

The problem is that all clubs have arrangements with the AFL and telstra in regards to exclusive club content. That's not to say it's impossible, we are looking into this kind of thing.

1) Ongoing progress reports of our young players and VFL players.

2) Rumours that have some credibility (particular players were chasing for the next season)

2) Rumours that have some credibility (particular players were chasing for the next season)

That was largely why the Buddy Board was established. But it requires people to get behind it to work. With the exception of a few very dedicated posters this just hasn't happened.

Scrap the buddy board and make it a VFL board

I have made this suggestion for the last 3 years but to no avail. I'd even take it further & include the Future Magpies Watch in there too.

I, like most people on this board, participate in AFL's Dream Team and/or Herald Sun's Super Coach.
What I would like is a board that delves into the young/first year/rookie players from other clubs who may make an impact in the upcoming season.
Who has been training well, who looks like getting a regular gig, who is injured, etc etc.
I currently 'roam' other club's boards to get this type of info, but as soon as you ask for info they jump on you as a Collingwood supporter.
I think it would be popular if we had a board which posted this info and that you could ask for more info on players.

I do like this idea and we have worked on some things. I'd be interested in how you think we can go about doing this though? It is one thing to have an idea but another to get it up and running and working. If you have some ideas you don't want to discuss on the board feel free to pm me.

I have made this suggestion for the last 3 years but to no avail. I'd even take it further & include the Future Magpies Watch in there too.

The VFL subboard is a good idea. Organising it in a way that it doesn't become a dead board is something different. For it to work it would require regular contributions from posters (most likely a group of posters) that go to VFL games on a fairly regular basis and are willing to do regular reviews etc. I tried to get this going last year but had very little response. People just weren't interested in commiting to the regular effort. Before we even considered a VFL subboard we would want to know that we had posters willing to regularly contribute - and probably see that on the mainboard first.

I, like most people on this board, participate in AFL's Dream Team and/or Herald Sun's Super Coach.
What I would like is a board that delves into the young/first year/rookie players from other clubs who may make an impact in the upcoming season.
Who has been training well, who looks like getting a regular gig, who is injured, etc etc.
I currently 'roam' other club's boards to get this type of info, but as soon as you ask for info they jump on you as a Collingwood supporter.
I think it would be popular if we had a board which posted this info and that you could ask for more info on players.

Around the start of the season most boards put up an "All SC and DT questions thread". If you don't use these and post your question in other threads on their board you tend to get some sarcastic replies. BF also has Supercoach and Dream Team specific Boards which you might find useful. If you want something for this on the Collingwood Board Axewell does a wonderful job organising Collingwood Board SC and DT leagues in the Nest and they are a good place to direct questions to as well.

I think the banner slogan is a great idea. Would be great for a laugh before every game but maybe just make it for Collingwood posters? You always find someone taking it the wrong way and it turns into a fight over off field demeanors :D

Im an massive gambler so maybe a betting sticky thread where you can post some good odds you got for the upcoming weeks game or for the future. Im not sure if anyone would be into this but i'd personally enjoy it.

Wouldn't be bothered though if nothing is updated/changed. Think it's fine as it is. :D

Some ones that were popular this year:

* Match preview
* Match review discussion
* Matchday discussion
* VFL preview/review/matchday discussion (possibly own board)
* BF player of the year (weekly voting thread and cumulative votes thread generally stickied)
* Future Magpie watch

Some newies as suggested:

Round discussion about other AFL teams for that round. (Pies supporters only)

Im an massive gambler so maybe a betting sticky thread where you can post some good odds you got for the upcoming weeks game or for the future. Im not sure if anyone would be into this but i'd personally enjoy it.

I think we've got enough punters on the board for this idea to work. It would be a great idea for the Magpies Nest. If someone wants to start it up go for it.

Some ones that were popular this year:

* Match preview
* Match review discussion
* Matchday discussion
* VFL preview/review/matchday discussion (possibly own board)
* BF player of the year (weekly voting thread and cumulative votes thread generally stickied)
* Future Magpie watch

Some newies as suggested:

Round discussion about other AFL teams for that round. (Pies supporters only)

The B+F is included under the sticky threads section.

FMW is included in the interesting threads section.

The other threads will be included in the timecapsule thread as a more week by week look at the board.

It fell away last year as I just didn't have time to keep it updated but i'm sorting out getting someone else to help run it this year.

Some of the threads for the upcoming year are not up and running yet but the wheels are in motion and things are getting organised.

One other thread idea would be to have a discussion thread for non-Collingwood AFL talk - basically all the other teams - but where opposition supporters are not allowed to post. This would give Collingwood posters a place to discuss general football stuff in peace without the mainboard style s**t fights that are inevitable when discussing other teams.

This please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't it be great if somehow the players joined the boards?

I mean, they post on Twitter and Facebook, I don't see how a forum would be any different.

Part of what makes a forum like say, NeoGAF great is that developers post on the forums.

Wouldn't it be great if somehow the players joined the boards?

I mean, they post on Twitter and Facebook, I don't see how a forum would be any different.

Part of what makes a forum like say, NeoGAF great is that developers post on the forums.

Not sure what Neogaf is but there is no way the club would allow the players to post on a forum like this, it has way to much potential to be a p.r disaster.

Apologies for the bump but I wasn't sure where else to ask.

For as long as I can remember I have avoided the beams and barham stickied thread because I assumed it was an ongoing discussion about the rumoured tryst between the players which interested me about as much as this years cricket world cup. Tonight I went in their with the view to working out why on earth it could still be stickied... How wrong I was.

Can we get a new thread started for this with a name that makes some semblance of sense to those of us less informed? I would have followed and participated if I knew what it was about!

Apologies for the bump but I wasn't sure where else to ask.

For as long as I can remember I have avoided the beams and barham stickied thread because I assumed it was an ongoing discussion about the rumoured tryst between the players which interested me about as much as this years cricket world cup. Tonight I went in their with the view to working out why on earth it could still be stickied... How wrong I was.

Can we get a new thread started for this with a name that makes some semblance of sense to those of us less informed? I would have followed and participated if I knew what it was about!

Even though it said "Collingwood Board B+F 2010" after it? :p

Maybe we should put that first.

Anyway we are going to do a poll to decide what the award will be called in 2011.

We'll then start a thread for it and sticky it. There will be weekly voting threads (which wont be stickied) where you will submit your votes for that rounds game. Once voting is closed for the week it will be merged with the sticky thread.

robertg22 has agreed to collate the data for the awards again this year. Legend :thumbsu:

On another note we still havn't had anyone put up their hand to run a weekly "Collingwood Board Awards" this year (for the poster of the year etc) now bushpie has pulled out. Is anyone interested in this? The seasons approaching.

How bout you Trojan? Want to take it up :)

Even though it said "Collingwood Board B+F 2010" after it?

Yeah yeah It stood out like a sore thumb after I worked out what the thread was...

On another note we still havn't had anyone put up their hand to run a weekly "Collingwood Board Awards" this year (for the poster of the year etc) now bushpie has pulled out. Is anyone interested in this? The seasons approaching.

How bout you Trojan? Want to take it up :)

Yeah I'll do it. There is no way I'll be able to match Bushpie's award ceremony from last year. 4 Course meal at Crown is a little out of my budget. I MIGHT organise some peanut butter sandwiches IF you schmucks bring your own peanut butter AND bread.

If bushpie is reading this let me know if you have any tips to doing this.

I do try and get around most of the Collingwood board. I know and recognise most posters these days and am probably qualified. Never-the-less i'll need direction and assistance particularly getting started.

I'll start a thread soon enough and we'll get some nominations for "Pre-season" awards.

Hey guys,

I'm not sure if anyone has noticed but we have been working on organising the weekly threads and create a better flow between these.

We now currently have the following threads running weekly:

> Prematch and selection discussion
> DaVe86's preview
> AFL team selections
> Mattys matchday thread
> Bay Pies Non Pies game discussion
> Paullys The Good, the Bad and the Ugle match review
> Snoops player review
> BigFooty MVP voting
> VFL teams and discussion

We have been closing the preview and selected team threads when the matchday threads start and closing the matchday thread when the review threads start. We have also been trying to get the review threads up as close to after the game as possible. The idea is to create a better flow between our regular threads and help prevent parallel discussion.

I have also played around with the post icons. All of our stickies have exclamations to make them stand out more (did this awhile ago). I am also now adding the arrow post icon for our weekly threads to help distinguish them better. I'm interested in peoples thoughts on this and whether they like it? It's minor in the scheme of things but I think it works well.

I'd also like to thank everyone who has been posting VFL reviews this year. It really fell away last year but we have had a fantastic response this year. In particular i'd like to thank the efforts of the 10th Letter (special mention here for detail), Gifted1, Jonesy86 BucksIsBest, Heater39, Knight, Snoop Dog, Kirby and TradeDraft who have all put in some great work. I'm sure i've missed some people here so apologies if you are one of them. It's one of the hardest areas to get quality information on and without your efforts the board would be worse off. Keep up the good work guys.

Also a big thankyou to all the weekly thread starters. Your work is greatly appreciated.

Any other thoughts and suggestions are welcome.

I like the way you've organised the threads. As you say, less clutter and keeps the discussion confined to just a few threads. Keep the arrows for the important threads as well imo. Nice work:thumbsu:

I'd like to see this tag under our avatars after say....September?:D

picture.php

I'd like to see this tag under our avatars after say....September?:D

picture.php

20 weeks out I think Eddie wants to keep a lid on it :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back