What was this years "Grand Final Moment"

Remove this Banner Ad

I just hope that S Johnson was not directing those stupid comments to Chris Tarrant, as that would be pretty poor form, considering what the guy has been going through with his father's illness. No game even a GF is worth sledging a guy whose dad is terminally ill.

Why don't you pick football moments as highlighlights, that would be more appropriate, rather than someone using gutter language at another player. I suppose you couldn't expect anymore from him.

Alan Christensen's mark on the wing I reckon, we expect a lot from Bartel and Varcoe but when you see the new guys doing something special you know your team is going to win.

I just hope that S Johnson was not directing those stupid comments to Chris Tarrant, as that would be pretty poor form, considering what the guy has been going through with his father's illness. No game even a GF is worth sledging a guy whose dad is terminally ill.

Why don't you pick football moments as highlighlights, that would be more appropriate, rather than someone using gutter language at another player. I suppose you couldn't expect anymore from him.

Careful - the moral police are here.

It wasn't that bad really. He doesn't spray them - the misses are predictable and always left - which is encouraging. Considering he hit the post twice from further than 40 his kicking wasn't terrible.

And generally because he gets too close to the man on the mark. That's coachable, but you'd have though he would have twigged by now.

Toughen up princess.

Varcoe's goal in the last qtr was probably the moment that put the game beyond reach for the Pies, a beautiful piece of gut-running that would have left the Pies wondering what to do now. A defining moment IMO.

Not sure what one has to do with the other?

Leigh Brown "accidently" stood on StevieJ's hand about 5 minutes prior to the goal. :thumbsdown:

He was just letting him know that the stop marks weren't appreciated.

1zz5ev7.jpg

There was something special about Christensens mark. It was a resounding statement that the shallow end of Collingwoods talent pool was being shown up by a bunch of kids that were on a team that was supposed to be too old and too slow.

Also, Travis Varcoe would have to be the bloke that most often starts running from the back pocket and you say "this blokes gonna get on the end of this", sure enough, he pops up at the other end with his defender trailing behind. Kicked a similar goal in the Hawks match on the public holiday earlier this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What the hell are you talking about?

LMAO..no idea have you..

In a grand final I hardly think that would be the case, I think it was just a choice at the time.

Christensen's mark was huge, a couple of Harry Taylor's in defence were good too. Jimmy Bartel's snap goal from the boundary maybe?

If Collingwood had of won, it would have been Cloke's roost from 60m out surely, that was a monster.

I agree. At the time I thought he was trying to get a holding the ball but didn't execute the tackle well enough. Also, I doubt the players really care about the double points that much, in terms of bumps and tackles etc.

Collingwood had some great moments as well I thought. Cloke's goals were massive. Don't know if anyone else in the AFL can kick it from that far out. Sidebottom's goal in the 3rd was fantastic. Just so clean and skillful.

What the hell are you talking about?

LMAO..no idea have you..

Even if he was sledging Tarrant, which he wasn't, I doubt Tarrant would've been sad about it because his dad is sick.

I'm guessing the only thing he's focused on is the football during the game. Very sad thing but doesn't really have anything to do with the game or Johnson's sledge.

2nd quarter...stokes sliding goal to keep us within 3 goals. Someone please put the video up from the ball up about 15 seconds before this...the balls in dispute, Bartell rips it off a pies player and handballs out, pies player kicks it, Bartell sprints 20m and pushes a pies player out of contest, the ball hits the deck...Bartell runs hard at it, straight into 3 or 4 pies players with another 3 out the back waiting for the ball and they are off....NO WAY says Bartell, he rips the ball off 2 pies players and whilst being tackled by 3 pies players, gets a handball off to Chapman, who kicks a grubber...ball comes off someones foot...Stokes hits it and kicks a dribbled for a goal....BARTELL!!!

Either that or Simply Bartells effort at like 90% of the contests...honestly, the guy was massive...and I swear he took on the role of a general that day...his hug and support for Hawkins and just being in every contest were absolutely bloody amazing....

2nd goes to Selwood, ball hit his chest and bounced away to Blair, Selwood hit the gas and his face was just scary...ran full tilt into Blair and tackled him hard.

3rd goes to Stevie j when he was telling everyone to get outside 50m when Hawkins was monstering Reid.

Varcoe goal 15 seconds into the match or maybe Jolly giving away a free kick and I think it was Bartel who snapped in perfectly for a goal. 2nd quarter IIRC.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back