What position would who play in?

Remove this Banner Ad

I always seemed to play in the backline as either a pocket or fullback.

Started from under 10's and went through until 15's when i was forced into retirement (2 clubs merged and I was one of the fringe players:p).

Didnt matter whether it was for a school team, club or even when we played 3 on 3 in the neighbourhood park, I was always in defence. In my two games I played forward I scored 2 goals 1 and 4 goals straight as a forward pocket/2nd ruck rover.

Was looking forward to playing fantasy footy somewhere other then the last line of defense and... yeah

.. does that consist of you flashing your set at the scouts?

Hahaha NO!!! You see I dont have to go such ****ty low levels ever, when I speak everyone listens because I'm just that good with an aurora that draws people in to hear what I the mighty one has to say, and anyway they would be too afraid to not as I'm the master at Kung Fu you see ;)

I played all my junior footy in the backline, mostly CHB or FB. I was playing my 100th game and asked the coach if i could have a run on the ball for once, well that lasted a quarter, i spent the whole quarter as a ruck rover playing a loose man in the backline. Forgot to go foward( old habits die hard), straight back to the half back line for me, and never left.

Think Staker with less skill, speed, poise and more brain fades.

... So, who wants me on their team?

.. Anyone?

With apologies to Issy, Em, WC06 and any other female posters I forgot to mention, most of us would have (or still do) played football at some level.

If in some parallel universe you were drafted by the Eagles what position would you have played in.

As a kid growing up, since I was always kinda small and also played in the age group above me for my club (we were often bereft of numbers) I spent a lot of time as a forward pocket.

Therefore I always fancied myself as a crumbing forward pocket - think a slow Phil Matera.

What position would you play?

You'd be Kepler's bitch...:)

heh well i use to play with campbell brown and his dad, big mal, was our coach. he always use to put me in FF as i was a lil bigger back then an he always used to say use me weight to advantage hehe
and in high school i played FF too an got most improved one yr wwooo
my biggest bag was 5 against another crappy high school team, shoulda been six tho, their goal umpires screwed me haha

You'd be Kepler's bitch...:)

Yeah, because Kepler's got such a good record playing on small crumbing forwards...

and tall marking forwards....

and resting ruckman....

and medium sized forwards....

and, well you get my drift.

Apparently he didn't look too bad playing as a forward against West Coast once - didn't look like a complete gorm;):D

I still play footy for my local club and usually play in defence. At 6' I'm a short arse by AFL standards, but often one of the taller blokes at suburban level. So I often play FB, and recently I've had stints at CHB as I've put on a fair bit of muscle in the last 12 months.

I'm the same height but rather Notte built and played a similar role last year at times, but was best from a pocket as a third tall where i'd zone off and contest with the leading forwards or in the pocket on one of the 2 FF's. Some of the monsters I came up against was insane

This season they tried to turn me into a forward pocket...it didn't work - doesn't help we were s**t. But I'm not quick,never been a crumber nor have freakish skills.

I'm most comfortable on a HFF

I played CHF, CHB, FF and Ruck due to my amzing leaping ability. (Only 6'1)

However when a cunning older ruckmen was against me, whammo, corkie in the thigh.

I preferred CHF.

No engine for the middle Im afraid. :eek:

I never played club footy growing up, played basketball mainly. I loved the physical contact and scrapping for loose balls, and was always good defensively.

I most likely fit a tagger role. It would suit me perfectly because I'm not very fast, can't kick but have good hands.

Still play footy, under 14s.

I can play pretty much anywhere but played this year at full-back with flying colours :D

Last year played full-forward playing up a few grades in a team that got beaten by 10-20 goals every week. Still kicked a few bags :)

This year played total of 6 quarters up forward (first game played last quarter CHF kicked a goal 6 marks, 4th game kicked 3 to half time before going to full back because of injury and lack of KPPs, two more games spend a quarter at CHF and kicked a goal in each).

I'm probably about ?5'8? I think

As a player, I'm probably most similar to Darren Glass down back and Ben McKinley up forward. Except the dodgy kicking :p

I have a knack of pulling goals out of nowhere, thats probably my 3nd forte behind leading and general defending.

I also have been known this year and last for dishing out a few Byron Pickett/Beau Waters shitmixers (legally). Satisfying...

I kicked a goal from 75m at the school oval yesterday (I had the wind though and it bounced once :p)

I think my weakness is probably my vision (contacts help but aren't as good as having normal eyes, sight-wise and having-plastic-in-your-eyes-wise.) and leg speed (it's ok but not great).

Sorry about this long, winding and rambling post. Hope it makes some kind of sense. yeh

mg

I've always wanted to play AFL but there were no local clubs near my suburb so I had to settle with playing Tennis and Soccer.

Strength: speed, agility, endurance, long kick

Weakness: height, defence, accuracy

I am only just over 5'9 so I would be useless in defence. I can create some pace and have good endurance. I'm not afraid to throw my body around as well so if I did play AFL I'd probably be a midfielder - Daniel Kerr type player with 1% of his talent. I have a fairly long kick for my height but my accuracy can be shocking at times. I could be a small forward.

I wish i could of played AFL :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bump...

Probably play in the left right out position. In all seriousness I’d play inside mid. I’m basically a slow Priddis

Remove this Banner Ad

Back