Poll "What If" Wednesdays - Time Traveller Sneezes Edition: Week 9 - West Coast Eagles VFL kits altered due to Williamstown sharing the same colours

Pick Your Favourites (DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN ENTRY)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

wiw-ttse.png

In an alternate timeline, this happened....
What-If-TTSE-Title-Week-9.png

Our Timeline: West Coast Eagles enter the VFL wearing Blue and Yellow
Altered Timeline: Much earlier, Williamstown Seagulls entered the VFL wearing their standard Blue with Yellow sash jumpers. Due to West Coast planning to wear the same colours as Williamstown, the VFL stepped in and WC had their kits altered to further differentiate from Williamstown's

Poll will run for 3 days
The winner picks the next team from the list below or
can use their one-time self-imposed idea where they put forward an idea not listed below
Winner has 48 hours to choose or one will be chosen at random​

Entry 1 Sam Hall
West Coast Eagles (Tangerine and White).png

"Well Marty really did it this time. In this universe upon his move from Celtic FC "Liverpool" was accidentally written as "Blackpool" on the transfer sheet of one Kenny Dalglish. Blackpool FC, known as "the Tangerines" are now the biggest club in England, having won six First Division titles in ten years. Because of their success and international appeal the colours of tangerine and white are chosen for the newly established "West Coast Eagles"."

---------------------------------

Entry 2 BigChippa52
Copy of Home (1).png

"It was the year 1986 and a new side the West Coast Eagles planned to enter the AFL with a Blue and Yellow color scheme but in this universe, AFL powerhouse Williamstown pushed the AFL to force the Eagles into changing their planned color scheme, the color green was suggested, matching closer to the Philly eagles or the Minnesota north stars, the initial yellow was kept but after research the blue was swapped for a shade of green called victory green, in these colours the eagles would win premierships in 1992, 1994, 2006 and 2018"

Entry 3 cannavo
WIW-TTSE----West-Coast-Eagles-Altered.png

"It's 1987 and WA are about to have their state put on the footy map, the West Coast Eagles were founded and had planned to wear a Blue and Yellow jumper to represent the vivid imagery of Western Australia's land, sky and ocean. However, Williamstown who were admitted into the VFL much earlier raised the issue of possible confusion between the two sharing the same colour schemes. The VFL stepped in and informed WC that they'd have to alter their jumper to help better differentiate between the two. With the unveiling day closing in, the WC board made the decision to change the blue to black in reference to the WA state colours."

Entry 4 _Damo_
wc time travler.png

Entry 5 just_kick_it
wce vfl ochre pres upload.png

Entry 6 Freight Train
WCE 1987 Alternate.jpg

Alternate timeline categories
Bold - Completed with poll results

Mergers
Relocations
  • Saints relocate to NZ
  • Essendon relocates to NT to become Alice Springs
  • Hawthorn relocates to Canberra
  • Fitzroy relocates to Canberra
  • Fitzroy move to Brisbane in the 80s (Prior to the Bears existing)
  • South Melbourne relocate to Tasmania
  • South Melbourne relocate to Canberra
  • Fitzroy complete move to North Sydney - 1980
  • Footscray relocate to Queensland - 1981
League transfers
  • West Coast Eagles enter the SANFL
  • Brisbane Bears enter the SANFL
  • Fitzroy to the SANFL - 1981
  • Footscray to the SANFL - 1981
  • Adelaide Uni to the SANFL - 1991 (cannot use only black and white)
  • Collingwood to the SANFL - 1997
  • East Perth to the VFL - 1980
  • Norwood accepted as the 2nd SA team in the AFL
  • Launceston apply for the AFL
  • Essendon apply for the WAFL
New Teams
Colour Corner
  • West Coast Eagles VFL kits altered due to Williamstown sharing the same colours
  • GWS keep their 'Team GWS' colours
  • Port Adelaide retain their Magenta
  • Adelaide's hurried concept
    (Adelaide board hastily attain clothes from local sport store and use the 5 colours to design their new AFL team)
Specials

IMG_7937.png

What a difference (or not) eight and a half years makes.

It’s funny that the above design was also for a cannavo run weekly comp (check it out), but in that time I’ve grown as a designer and as a person in front of everyone on this board.

When I designed this:
  • I hadn’t won a single comp on BigFooty (believe this was my first win of any kind)
  • I lived in a different state
  • I was doing gig-based casual work and barely making ends meet (now graphic designer of a major organisation and BBL franchise)
  • I had no idea how to use Illustrator or InDesign
  • I didn’t have a drivers license
  • I’d been dating someone for six months (now my wife, and we’ve been together for nearly nine years)
  • I started designing my first Miami Vice concepts for Can-Am (Miami Heat had not done a single Vice Heat jersey yet, js)
  • The Ochre had not been returned (still waiting 🥲)
Seems like a good time to look back and smell the roses.

View attachment 1927098

It’s funny that the above design was also for a cannavo run weekly comp (check it out), but in that time I’ve grown as a designer and as a person in front of everyone on this board.

When I designed this:
  • I hadn’t won a single comp on BigFooty (believe this was my first win of any kind)
  • I was doing gig-based casual work and barely making ends meet (now graphic designer of a major organisation and BBL franchise)
  • I’d been dating someone for six months (now my wife, and we’ve been together for nearly nine years)
  • I started designing my first Miami Vice concepts for Can-Am (Miami Heat had not done a single Vice Heat jersey yet, js)
This inspires me a lot. Hearing your journey as a graphic designer gives me an extra boost in confidence and support as a young bloke trying to make his mark in the designing community. Love your work mate and can't wait to see what you make next :)

View attachment 1927098

When I designed this:
You’re a legend FT ❤️

Back