Review What do you mean we f**king won at Geelong?

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Atkins cited for tripping JHF in the last quarter. So that's a shot on goal Port missed out on because the umps made an actual mistake.

Player Ratings

Top 20 - Stewart snuck in there but less than his predicted rating which is based on season average.

Our top 3 were way above their predicted rating.

View attachment 1985800

For the Jed Heads, he was well above predicted rating and just lower than Stewart.

Jed should be a bit like Liber under Malthouse. Malthouse only played him when it was wet. Play Jed only against Stewart. That's the 2nd time he has done a job on him.

View attachment 1985807
How can Dante not be top ten in the ratings?

The 49 point lead was a false economy, everything we touched turned to gold for a quarter and a half. That wasn't going to last and when the tide turned and went with Geelong it was going to be a battle.

I didn't think the high press was a big issue this time, it was turnovers in the midfield or in open space in defence that hurt us, then a couple of pieces of slack defending (and Willie's 100m penalty, the 2nd 50 which was umpire over-enthusiasm).

They couldn't miss a set shot in the second half, sure they were mostly in gettable positions but we miss those. JHF kicks that last shot, we go out to a 3 goal lead and that probably takes the wind out of their sails and we win by 4 or 5.

Then there's the apparently non-existent concussion of Cameron which later that night was concussion.

Taking the game over 4 quarters we were the better team and deserved the win.
Also Willie running into an open goal and the siren goes.,The six point margin flattered Geelong.

Whoever it was that pushed Drew into Cameron causing a head clash should have been reported? Very dangerous action that could have caused injury.
Same thing happened tonight in the Tigers Dogs game. English pushed forward into the retreating Banks flying for a mark, and caused a pretty sickening fall not unlike Cameron’s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont know if anyone else has mentioned it yet but at the ground the last 90 seconds there was a player that went directly to Dante to instruct him to not bash the ball out of stoppage but directed him to tap it straight at his own feet causing congestion

This player wasnt experienced brownlow medalist and past captian ollie wines, it wasnt even our step in captain in butters, not anyone in our leadership group either in Drew, not an old wise head whos seen it a million times before in travis boak
…It was Jason Horne Francis

Yes we all have a hard on for his Dangerfield/Judd like ability, for breaking tackles, capable of breath taking clearances and hitting targets you never dream of

But for all the external s**t he copped especially for when he first came over from the media and other boards, to see something like that with a mature head way past his age its truly incredible. I mentioned earlier in the season i think against the bombers how we were up by so much and he didnt stick a tackle which led to a bombers goal and he smashed the ground in dissapointment

We finally have a ruthless leader who wants to and is setting standards. Its really a special sight to behold and something that hinkley or not, will make me continue to watch port adelaide with much excitement for the next 15 years

Eh, DBJ transforming into a decent half-forward, and the need for us to rotate one of Rozee, Wines, and JHF forward for a rest has moved SPP into the "would trade for a good price" category. IMO, of course.

I'm not sure about this while we're still playing McEntee every week. I think SPP is still a very important player for us.

I play in a band so last night was one of the games I wasn’t able to watch and have just watched the replay now
Good win for sure , Horne Francis in the first half Butters the whole game , Wines , Drew, Houston and the rest of the team as staunch support .
The second half was a bit disappointing but we fought it out and deserved the win , Rioli was about 2 seconds away from getting another one at the end .
Good game Geelong came hard at us in the end
Not Ute how we can stay as pumped as we were in the first half because we’re not as good in a scrap.
After last week ordinary performance I’m hoping they might have made a new pact to not be soft , hopefully it lasts .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back