Review What do you mean we f**king won at Geelong?

Remove this Banner Ad

Second half dross started with the go slow for last 2mins of 2nd qtr. Amazes me our coaches can’t see attack was the best form of defence.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
We looked spent in the second half. Not sure if that game style is sustainable.

hopefully he keeps it up, hard to see him doing so due to more mid rotations when rozee is back and less cba's for wines
Given how pedestrian and workman like our small forward line is, I wonder if there’s any chance of the captain spending more time up forward. Or alternatively the wing.

Sinns body shape has bulked up. Didn’t recognise him at first.

I suspect who should of been captain was shown tonight, not the first time we’ve made a mistake like that.

Great game, we were never going to play 4 quarters of that type of footy like the first IMO. Second half umps helped a little close the gap but Geelong closed us down better once Stanley was subbed.

Considering I I was expecting us to be thumped, great effort. Let Ken go, in the heat of the moment intense game, he’s allowed to enjoy the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Phew!
What a tussle.
Credit where it's due - amazing result.

We tried our level best to p*** it all away in the 2nd half, but hung on.
Where's that effort and intensity been for most of the past 7 years?
Needed a big percentage booster though :(:mad:
Bank the 4 points and move on.

What pleased me most was that the newbies weren't intimidated by the big occasion. Mead, Sinn and Visentini all contributed, and had a decent crack. MG quiet, but did a few good things too.

Given how pedestrian and workman like our small forward line is, I wonder if there’s any chance of the captain spending more time up forward. Or alternatively the wing.
The thing is you can run through the centre square from half forward anyway. Theres no reason to start Rozee in the centre where he gets bodied by the more experienced mids. Let him go through at pace.

The main reason I thought we'd win tonight is because Rozee wasn't out there for Kent Hinkley to misuse.

Great win, I have said this before. Playing breakneck speed footy as we did in the first half then expect the same in the second half is not feasible because we ain’t that fit to do so. Need to control the game with speed, control and skill to pace ourselves, once we do then I will call it. Frenetic footy tonight, nearly finals level of footy.

Ollie Wines (33 disposals at 85% efficiency, 15 contested possessions, nine clearances), Zak Butters (34 disposals, 15 contested possessions, 533 metres gained) and Jason Horne-Francis (26 disposals, 12 contested possessions, seven clearances, 11 score involvements) saw all three kick a goal and contribute when the game was on the line.

LOL gotta love the caller who rang 5AA after the game to complain about the umpiring, which was so biased in Port's favour. How often have we been screwed by the umpires at the Cattery - nice to get one back for once.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back