What did you do today?

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you think there is anything that umpires have in common? I know this sounds like a loaded question, but it's not meant to be. Obviously you'd need a thick skin, but maybe there's more to it than that? I don't know...liking making decisions? Enjoying taking charge? Is it just good exercise for athletes who like to think while they work out? Are they just introduced to it by mates? It's just something I've always wondered.
It does actually help you to make decisions. Whether or not it's the right decision sometimes it is and sometimes it's not. I can tell you the crowd has no influence on how a decision is made. There will always be spectators abusing us. Whether you are a goal umpire like me or a field or a boundary umpire. The idea is to work together as a team. If we are being observed which happens regularly. People watch you umpire and will come up at the breaks and will tell you if you have messed up. These guys are usually people we know and they can be members of the coaching group to outsiders who just like to help out.

Oh. Sorry. I've been on BigFooty too long, it's corrupted my brain. Bit disappointed there was no mention of Ryan Gosling in your original post, though.

Fair call. Any post can be improved with a little bit of Gosling. ;)

Fair call. Any post can be improved with a little bit of Gosling. ;)
bd51fcd33ea044b56074faa6afacdd10.jpg

So, I'm going to pre-empt the premise of this thread, and ask: what is everyone doing this week-end?

Would you believe I've only just landed? 19 hours to fly from Brisbane to Melbourne has to be some sort of record!

F*** you very much Virgin!

Would you believe I've only just landed? 19 hours to fly from Brisbane to Melbourne has to be some sort of record!

F*** you very much Virgin!

Really Sux :(

Just got back from my parents house.
I tend to go there nearly every Friday to cook and clean up. It helps them out because my parents are elderly. (they are so close to 70 years old)
Today I cooked up two different dishes. One was a shepherd's pie and the other I helped my old man prepare a sausage cassorole which I will be having for dinner tonight.
Really do enjoy helping out my folks. Whether it's gardening or cleaning or cooking it's all really good and it means I can help them out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I worked again today, from 11:30 to 5:30, which is a bugger of a shift because you're on your feet all day, carrying heavy trays, dealing with shitty customers and trying to prepare food and drinks to perfection. Just got home, played around with my dog, went outside to inspect our new kittens, found a half-dead one being eaten by its mother (it was a premature birth, there was a few of them) which was pretty nasty.

Girlfriend wants to go out tonight. I don't, as i'm trying to save money for Christmas, but I will just to keep her happy (and to get a little something something hopefully ;) ) not sure what we'll do yet, we might go out for pizza. I'm quite happy to just crawl into bed and go back to sleep right now tbh.

Tomorrow I have work again, then i'm knocking off early to play tennis.

Don't forget they didn have storms up in Brisbane last night hence the delay. Glad you are safely back home even if you were delayed.

Thanks. Yeah, you can't help acts of nature. Lots of things Virgin could have done better, but I wont pollute the chilled atmosphere of this thread by whining about the details. I'm going to crack a beer instead!

Just got back from my parents house.
I tend to go there nearly every Friday to cook and clean up. It helps them out because my parents are elderly. (they are so close to 70 years old)
Today I cooked up two different dishes. One was a shepherd's pie and the other I helped my old man prepare a sausage cassorole which I will be having for dinner tonight.
Really do enjoy helping out my folks. Whether it's gardening or cleaning or cooking it's all really good and it means I can help them out.
Ha! My parents' are 72 and 70 and they would be horrified to hear themselves referred to as 'elderly'! :D

Well I worked again today, from 11:30 to 5:30, which is a bugger of a shift because you're on your feet all day, carrying heavy trays, dealing with shitty customers and trying to prepare food and drinks to perfection. Just got home, played around with my dog, went outside to inspect our new kittens, found a half-dead one being eaten by its mother (it was a premature birth, there was a few of them) which was pretty nasty.

Girlfriend wants to go out tonight. I don't, as i'm trying to save money for Christmas, but I will just to keep her happy (and to get a little something something hopefully ;) ) not sure what we'll do yet, we might go out for pizza. I'm quite happy to just crawl into bed and go back to sleep right now tbh.

Tomorrow I have work again, then i'm knocking off early to play tennis.

Shame about the kitty, S2A. Unfortunately nature can be very cruel sometimes. :(

Good to see you've realized that if the girl's kept happy, then everyone's happy. :thumbsu:;)

Thanks. Yeah, you can't help acts of nature. Lots of things Virgin could have done better, but I wont pollute the chilled atmosphere of this thread by whining about the details. I'm going to crack a beer instead!
I'm debating about cracking open a bottle of Moscato that I've been hoarding in the 'fridge. Yeah, I know it's a 'girl's' drink but I reckon I've got a good enough excuse.

Just got back from a couple of days away with Mrs Baz spent last night at Lemontyne Lodge in a "Luxury Spa Cabin" which was absolutely superb, we got a package that included a 2 course dinner, cooked breakfast, box of chocolates, a bottle of champaign & 2 champaign flutes to keep. The room was fantastic, really roomy with a private balcony overlooking the wilderness. Totally recommend it for anyone touring Tassie, it's on the way to Cradle Mountain.

http://www.lemonthyme.com.au/

I woke up this morning feeling pretty shitty, felt like I had a couple of razorblades in my throat, but nevertheless I went to watch my GF's brother play cricket, then went back home, worked on my phantom draft, watched the top 40 music channel on channel V, and here I am now. Very wasted Sunday.

Starting my Christmas shopping tomorrow.

Didn't do a lot of stuff today. However what I did do was pretty productive.
I was on here earlier and was doing some stuff on my own forum.
The neighbour over the road living diagnally from me their dog which is a beagal ran down the driveway of the units I'm in. It was ok because the dog was chasing after a ball that had been thrown by the neighbour's kids who were playing with the dog. The funny thing was the dog saw the front neighbour's cat who started meowing and growlling at the dog. That made me go outside to check on the cat who's name is Tilly. She's white with tortoise shell markings. My word she purrs loudly. I had seen a tabby that is painfully shy run off. Tilly was rubbing my legs. I picked her up and gave her a cuddle then she wanted to jump on the roof.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back