What did you do today?

Remove this Banner Ad

this thread still going? Yesterday went to see the German cruise ship that docked in Portland Lovely to see, and hopefully good for the future of Portland

Will that mean more in future CL ?

Will that mean more in future CL ?
More ships, you mean ? They are certainly hoping so. No reason why not, really. Lovely harbour, seems to be the room necessary, and they took busloads of the tourists all round some of the district, even as far as the 12 Apostles, Warrnambool , and to the other side to see seals as well Plus quite a few just stayed in Portland and spent tourist dollars .

More ships, you mean ? They are certainly hoping so. No reason why not, really. Lovely harbour, seems to be the room necessary, and they took busloads of the tourists all round some of the district, even as far as the 12 Apostles, Warrnambool , and to the other side to see seals as well Plus quite a few just stayed in Portland and spent tourist dollars .
Yep, that's what I meant, I know they are very keen for cruise ships to visit the various ports in Tas, Hobart, Devonport and Burnie all get quite a few starting about this time of the year, tourism dollars are gold.

Currently enjoying a peaceful cuppa … just in a van park in Cowes. My best little mate and I are at the end of a 10 day zing around the State playing mini golf. Yesterday we popped over to Yarram to visit his Granny. He’s still in his sleeping bag in the tent, my Billy is just about to be relit for another cup ☕⛺⛳☀️

Currently enjoying a peaceful cuppa … just in a van park in Cowes. My best little mate and I are at the end of a 10 day zing around the State playing mini golf. Yesterday we popped over to Yarram to visit his Granny. He’s still in his sleeping bag in the tent, my Billy is just about to be relit for another cup ☕⛺⛳☀️
Sounds priceless.
OIP (1).jpg

Was a mostly fun trip. Road trips seem much better in songs and movies, and on Youtube channels as my best little mate informs me. Nonetheless we hit 3 States, played at 14 different courses, banged out 3,572 k's came up with a new measurement for Solar panel farms. I'd say - solar panel farm - he'd go - how many, I'd say ohhh, loads, he'd ask again, and he'd get "farkin heaps" which'd set us off into fits of laughter. Except for that 1 place that only had 4. The final measurement was "farkin 4!?!?!?"

We became mini golf snobs, the best courses were set out like proper golf courses, while the novelty ones were not too bad either. Plenty needed some maintenance due to being weathered. Fwiw the hardest Hole 1 was at Pirate Petes at Grantville.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back