What are YOU watching?

Remove this Banner Ad

Adam Curtis's new documentary series is very interesting.

I didn't follow the Madeleine McCann case very closely when it first happened but I just finished watching the 2019 Netflix documentary series on her disappearance. The whole thing was emotional but when they showed Madeleine's parents the computerised age progression image of what she looked like as a 15 year old it was heart wrenching stuff.

They don't delve into child trafficking of pre teen children via global paedophile rings much but the few times they do in the final 2 episodes makes your blood boil and wonder how a certain percentage of people can be so abhorrent and downright evil. One pretty impressive former Scotland Yard investigator said that Billions of dollars should be invested into busting/investigating paedophile networks not the Millions that are currently and it astounds him why there isn't, the same fella also said that the media don't seem to have the stomach for it either, the medias excuse to him was that the public don't have the stomach for it.

One pretty impressive former Scotland Yard investigator said that Billions of dollars should be invested into busting/investigating paedophile networks not the Millions that are currently and it astounds him why there isn't, the same fella also said that the media don't seem to have the stomach for it either, the medias excuse to him was that the public don't have the stomach for it.
So is the response then to do nothing?

Astounding if true. I will never understand how these sick and depraved monsters exist out there and think it is ok.

BTW; I've not seen or heard of the doco you are referring.

One pretty impressive former Scotland Yard investigator said that Billions of dollars should be invested into busting/investigating paedophile networks not the Millions that are currently and it astounds him why there isn't, the same fella also said that the media don't seem to have the stomach for it either, the medias excuse to him was that the public don't have the stomach for it.
I kind of understand the media POV given they ultimately need returns on investment these days, but that doesn't excuse police investigations.

So is the response then to do nothing?

Astounding if true. I will never understand how these sick and depraved monsters exist out there and think it is ok.

BTW; I've not seen or heard of the doco you are referring.
I kind of understand the media POV given they ultimately need returns on investment these days, but that doesn't excuse police investigations.
If you even make a cursory look into the abuse of young children it is worryingly amazing how prevalent it is, there are organised networks all over the world and thousands of young children just vanish off the face of the Earth each year, without even mentioning the lone paedophiles.

As you say dlanod I can sort of understand the media as their sole purpose is dollars and reader/viewer ship not the societal good.

This is just one click of a google search >
https://www.google.com/search?q=bus...ome..69i57.12533j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Have watched all 5 seasons of Better call Saul over the last month or so, it's a spin off from one of the GOAT series(Breaking Bad) and was a lot better than I thought it would be, it is set before Breaking Bad and has a fair few characters from that on it.

Apparently season 6 and final to come out later this year, highly recommended.

Bo Burnhams 'Inside' is fantastic. Highly recommend
It's not something you can just leave on while doing other stuff though, because you'll miss transitions between the random elements and be quite confused... speaking from experience.

It's not something you can just leave on while doing other stuff though, because you'll miss transitions between the random elements and be quite confused... speaking from experience.
Very true, You'd also miss some of the small touches that really enhance the whole thing. Like the aspect ratio change that happened in the white woman Instagram song during the human moment was well done.

But overall I loved the songs, they are just so catchy. I cant get the Bezos one out of my head

Invincible is a weird mix of Saturday morning superhero cartoon and hyperviolent 90s anime/manga that is surprisingly compelling due to an amazing voice cast and well-paced reveals. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Is anyone watching YouTube vids called Itchy Boots? They are done by a girl from the Netherlands called Noraly who rides a motorbike around the world. There are plenty like it but hers are far better...

She is into her 5th year riding, but we have started back at series 1.....and they have gotten better and better. Noraly is a very likable and interesting girl.

She doesn't do touristy places, she likes to go completely off bitumen and rides the most unlikely dirt roads imaginable, hence the scenery she finds and people are fascinating......she has crossed the Andes, ridden through deserts all on her own.....and the music she puts to the video is so appropriate to the scenery etc.....we have seen countries as we'd never seen them before. Seen many surprises along the way.

She has us addicted right now, we feel like worried protective grandparents at times, she goes places the toughest of people wouldn't go. Her parents must have nerves of steel.

We feel like we are on the ride with her. Since getting our big tv, we've been watching the videos on there, absolutely spectacular.

Highly recommend.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't follow the Madeleine McCann case very closely when it first happened but I just finished watching the 2019 Netflix documentary series on her disappearance. The whole thing was emotional but when they showed Madeleine's parents the computerised age progression image of what she looked like as a 15 year old it was heart wrenching stuff.

They don't delve into child trafficking of pre teen children via global paedophile rings much but the few times they do in the final 2 episodes makes your blood boil and wonder how a certain percentage of people can be so abhorrent and downright evil. One pretty impressive former Scotland Yard investigator said that Billions of dollars should be invested into busting/investigating paedophile networks not the Millions that are currently and it astounds him why there isn't, the same fella also said that the media don't seem to have the stomach for it either, the medias excuse to him was that the public don't have the stomach for it.

I try not to think too much about these things,abuse/violence towards children makes me sick and I feel an urge to do horrific things to those responsible. The experts say that around 3 or 4% of the pop are sociopaths/psychopaths the ones doing all the damage. Which is rather concerning

As to the topic I watch a lot of old shows so at present watching CSI NCIS X-Files Miami Vice and a bunch of 70's cop shows like Barnaby Jones. Also up to S4 of Dexter

Looking forward to NCIS:Hawaii in a couple of months

I try not to think too much about these things,abuse/violence towards children makes me sick and I feel an urge to do horrific things to those responsible. The experts say that around 3 or 4% of the pop are sociopaths/psychopaths the ones doing all the damage. Which is rather concerning
The concern for me is that a large percentage of that 3-4% are in positions of power in various institutions eg. entertainment, politics, education, religion, big business, they systematically and purposely gravitate to occupations that garner them access to children.

The concern for me is that a large percentage of that 3-4% are in positions of power in various institutions eg. entertainment, politics, education, religion, big business, they systematically and purposely gravitate to occupations that garner them access to children.

Yes so true sadly.

The true evil in our society are the men in power- an awful lot of psychopaths at Wall Street

Netflix new series ‘Untold’ sports docos. If you love the 30/30 ESPN stories these are along that line.

Only 2 released at this point with 3 to come. Malice in the Palace & Deal with the Devil are the released titles. Highly recommend.

Netflix new series ‘Untold’ sports docos. If you love the 30/30 ESPN stories these are along that line.

Only 2 released at this point with 3 to come. Malice in the Palace & Deal with the Devil are the released titles. Highly recommend.
Watched Malice last night. Was fine, what I liked was that they didn’t string it out and kept it to an hour which is all it needed.

Watched Malice last night. Was fine, what I liked was that they didn’t string it out and kept it to an hour which is all it needed.

I couldn't wrap my head around that bloke who was proud and defiant about throwing the cup and starting the brawl.

I wonder if that snippet was taken out of context from a long interview, or if that guy really is just that much of a ****.

I couldn't wrap my head around that bloke who was proud and defiant about throwing the cup and starting the brawl.

I wonder if that snippet was taken out of context from a long interview, or if that guy really is just that much of a ****.

Yeah, although even if taken from a much longer clip it’s totally bizarre.

Just watched season 4 episode 9 of Dexter and it's one of the most incredibly intense episodes of TV I have ever seen. The thanksgiving scene in particular was full on. Lithgow is an amazing actor. And then the mind blowing twist at the end topped it all off

Just watched season 4 episode 9 of Dexter and it's one of the most incredibly intense episodes of TV I have ever seen. The thanksgiving scene in particular was full on. Lithgow is an amazing actor. And then the mind blowing twist at the end topped it all off
Gee that was on over a decade ago bill, you certainly take your time although I do know a couple that haven't watched any of Breaking Bad yet.

I'm half way through season 1 of Hit and Run on Netflix, really good if anyone is looking for something to watch.

Lithgow was amazing in that season. Nail-biting stuff.

We just finished watching Catastrophe which was quite an enjoyable watch. Well written show with humour that's right up my alley.

Gee that was on over a decade ago bill, you certainly take your time although I do know a couple that haven't watched any of Breaking Bad yet.

I'm half way through season 1 of Hit and Run on Netflix, really good if anyone is looking for something to watch.

Yeah it took me a few times to get into Dexter. Tried a couple of times and it didn't grab me,tried again this year and boom one of my favorite shows now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back