What are you watching No. 3 🎥🎦🎬

Remove this Banner Ad

The Bear again
Ep 6 s2. Fishes.
Be prepared. It's tough unrelenting viewing and if you had a childhood that was less than ideal, or let's say one that was a lot less than ideal, it's...ummm challenging.
But also riveting and you might like me, take a few minutes to suddenly go, hang on...isn't that ( famous actors guest star in this ep)
So there are still funny and touching bits, but I sat kind of pinned by the chest emotionally through the whole thing.
Good luck!

The Bear again
Ep 6 s2. Fishes.
Be prepared. It's tough unrelenting viewing and if you had a childhood that was less than ideal, or let's say one that was a lot less than ideal, it's...ummm challenging.
But also riveting and you might like me, take a few minutes to suddenly go, hang on...isn't that ( famous actors guest star in this ep)
So there are still funny and touching bits, but I sat kind of pinned by the chest emotionally through the whole thing.
Good luck!
Best hour of tv for a long time, so good on so many levels

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched Anthony La Paglia’s documentary series on The Black Hand “operating” in the cane field towns of Far North Queensland in the 1920s and 1930s. It took place in areas that I’m familiar with as my Italian heritage settled a little south of Cairns around these times.

It’s an interesting topic (Doesn’t everyone love extortion, kidnapping, vendetta and murders?) but there’s a more rounded story to tell about the experience of Italians in FNQ at this time and beyond. La Paglia touched on it but left it largely alone.

Last edited:
Have recently binged through a few shows:

The Bear S1 and S2. Fantastic. Can't wait for more.
Only Murders in the Building S1, S2 and into S3. Fun. Easy. Light.
From S1 and S2. Different to what I'd usually watch. Hope it goes somewhere and doesn't just peter out. A bit scary, a bit B grade, but interesting too.
Foundation S1. Vague recollections of the books coming back from ~30 years ago. Great to look at. Fascinating. Complicated. Looking forward to more.
Ahsoka S1 (aka Rebels S5). Geeking out like the lifelong Star Wars nerd I am. Rapt so far. Starting to help mitigate the sequel trilogy stench in my nostrils.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back