Western Region FL - Division One

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Round 1. Predictions

Altona v Glenorden - Tip Altona despite injuries, with Glenordens player losses, though have picked up a couple of handy recruits.
Heights v Hoppers - Heights will improve this season and at home Round 1 will be fired up, but Hoppers will win with a little bit more class.
Spotty v Colts - Put simply reigning premiers and with Keenan back start flag favourites, at home and with Colts losses should win easily.
St Albans v West Foots - No brainer, St Albans will be on top after this weeks games with a massive win.
Kangas v Cats - Both clubs recruited well and big rivals make for Match of the Day. On loyalty I'll stick with my boys (the Kanga's) and wish Cougar all the best on debut in what will be a great day of footy at Kindersmith. No doubt the Cats remain a little bit of an unknown and no secret spending big, but the Kanga's are a bit of an unknown as well.

All the best to all, including the WRFL board who with footy people back involved hopefully get the league back to where it deserves to be:thumbsu:

Anyone else's thoughts???

Round 1. Predictions

Altona v Glenorden - Tip Altona despite injuries, with Glenordens player losses, though have picked up a couple of handy recruits.
Heights v Hoppers - Heights will improve this season and at home Round 1 will be fired up, but Hoppers will win with a little bit more class.
Spotty v Colts - Put simply reigning premiers and with Keenan back start flag favourites, at home and with Colts losses should win easily.
St Albans v West Foots - No brainer, St Albans will be on top after this weeks games with a massive win.
Kangas v Cats - Both clubs recruited well and big rivals make for Match of the Day. On loyalty I'll stick with my boys (the Kanga's) and wish Cougar all the best on debut in what will be a great day of footy at Kindersmith. No doubt the Cats remain a little bit of an unknown and no secret spending big, but the Kanga's are a bit of an unknown as well.

All the best to all, including the WRFL board who with footy people back involved hopefully get the league back to where it deserves to be:thumbsu:

No disrespect but looks as if only 2 interesting games Spotty/Colts & Kangas/Cats......obviously Spotty are favourites but wouldn't underestimate the colts still got some quality players there, hopefully it's a good spectacle. Kangas & Cats should be a good hit out. I'd like to see some other close results on the weekend, but would be suprised if that happened, hopefully I'm proven wrong.

Round 1. Predictions

Altona v Glenorden (80 points)- Glenordan have lost their top 10 best players and have included 1 bloke who was a good player 15 years ago, will struggle to kick a goal. Altona are still re-building and with Eames at the helm expect them to be hard at the ball, just need some big name recruits to compliment the kids coming through.

Heights v Hoppers (70 points) Heights are battlers and do so all day, had the guts to stand up in D1 (unlike Deer Park) and held their own at times, just think Hoppers are a powerfull club on a small ground will kick a big score, but wont have it there own way all day.

Spotty v Colts (70 points) Spotty = Class full stop. Colts have lost massive names and will still play finals but not up to spotty's level.

St Albans v West Foots (80 points) West lost a praccy to Braybrook at full strength and have lost there only decent player from last year in Young. They need to be in D2 where they can re-build. StAlbins will win this easily but they are on the recovry track also after loosing half there side and some very good players will finish bottom 3 for sure.

Kangas v Cats (60 points) Cats in a canter for mine, have some very handy players coming from EDFL and a former EDFL star who played in the bush last year. Recruited well and will only build on last year, hope the coach has given it away and concentrates on coaching and not playing. Sunshine has had some massive changes and will take time to adjust but I think they wont have the fire power to match the cats.

Ladder Prediction 2010 (end of H&A season)

Albion
Spotty
Hoppers
Sunshine
Colts

Altona
Sunshine Heights
Stalbans
Glenordan
West Footscray

Kangas v Cats (60 points) Cats in a canter for mine, have some very handy players coming from EDFL and a former EDFL star who played in the bush last year. Recruited well and will only build on last year, hope the coach has given it away and concentrates on coaching and not playing. Sunshine has had some massive changes and will take time to adjust but I think they wont have the fire power to match the cats.

Have heard from a pretty reliable source, that it has been clearly stated by the money man at the club to the coach to "hang them up" and concentrate on one thing only this season.

Altona v Glenorden (80 points)- Glenordan have lost their top 10 best players and have included 1 bloke who was a good player 15 years ago, will struggle to kick a goal. Altona are still re-building and with Eames at the helm expect them to be hard at the ball, just need some big name recruits to compliment the kids coming through.

Heights v Hoppers (70 points) Heights are battlers and do so all day, had the guts to stand up in D1 (unlike Deer Park) and held their own at times, just think Hoppers are a powerfull club on a small ground will kick a big score, but wont have it there own way all day.

Spotty v Colts (70 points) Spotty = Class full stop. Colts have lost massive names and will still play finals but not up to spotty's level.

St Albans v West Foots (80 points) West lost a praccy to Braybrook at full strength and have lost there only decent player from last year in Young. They need to be in D2 where they can re-build. StAlbins will win this easily but they are on the recovry track also after loosing half there side and some very good players will finish bottom 3 for sure.

Ladder Prediction 2010 (end of H&A season)

Albion
Spotty
Hoppers
Sunshine
Colts

Altona
Sunshine Heights
Stalbans
Glenordan
West Footscray

Wow wee! all results over 10 goals. I think that the spotty vs colts and sunshine vs albion games will be alot closer than that, probably a few kicks in it only

Wow wee! all results over 10 goals. I think that the spotty vs colts and sunshine vs albion games will be alot closer than that, probably a few kicks in it only

I think the kangas at home under new supercoach will give a fair account of themselves, both sides missing key players but sunshine in a close one.

Spotty colts will be a cracker colts will field alot better side than people will expect, massis missing will hurt but the boys from murphy's are a proud group and i expect a very close game...colts by 6 points

All the other games are to predictible to bother..

Good luck to all teams for 2010, certainly will be strange for me not being part of the wrfl !!

I think the kangas at home under new supercoach will give a fair account of themselves, both sides missing key players but sunshine in a close one.

Spotty colts will be a cracker colts will field alot better side than people will expect, massis missing will hurt but the boys from murphy's are a proud group and i expect a very close game...colts by 6 points

All the other games are to predictible to bother..

Good luck to all teams for 2010, certainly will be strange for me not being part of the wrfl !!

Colts to put up a fight , but Spotty by 23 points
Albions hard bodies to intimidate Sunshine. Brett can't be everywhere, Cats by 34 points.
Altona by 47 points over Orden.
If heights can stay disiplined then may have it on hoppers light bodies. Back line a massive key to heights on small ground. Heights by 9 points.
West to start with an upset 13 point win over Saints.
But who really cares. Footy's back.

Rock has Bully84 followed you over to keep an eye at APW? Good luck with your new venture anyway.

Colts to put up a fight , but Spotty by 23 points
Albions hard bodies to intimidate Sunshine. Brett can't be everywhere, Cats by 34 points.
Altona by 47 points over Orden.
If heights can stay disiplined then may have it on hoppers light bodies. Back line a massive key to heights on small ground. Heights by 9 points.
West to start with an upset 13 point win over Saints.
But who really cares. Footy's back.

Rock has Bully84 followed you over to keep an eye at APW? Good luck with your new venture anyway.

Please tell me you're taking the piss here champ. The last time Heights played Hoppers i think Hoppers won by over 200 points on there small ground, i understand it's a new season and all but to think they will win is a bit out there one would imagine.

.........and StAlbans to lose to West my goodness you have been on the happy gas over night, West lost a praccy at full strength to Braybrook who will not play finals in Div2 this year.

Please tell me you're taking the piss here champ. The last time Heights played Hoppers i think Hoppers won by over 200 points on there small ground, i understand it's a new season and all but to think they will win is a bit out there one would imagine.

.........and StAlbans to lose to West my goodness you have been on the happy gas over night, West lost a praccy at full strength to Braybrook who will not play finals in Div2 this year.

Leave park footy alone, sounds like a good bloke to me...lol

West weren't full strength, 4 big blokes to come in this week, still get beat by a fair margin still i would think.

And watch Braybrook push Deer Park this week, they actually look alright, Stevie Lane has them up and running.

Leave park footy alone, sounds like a good bloke to me...lol

West weren't full strength, 4 big blokes to come in this week, still get beat by a fair margin still i would think.

And watch Braybrook push Deer Park this week, they actually look alright, Stevie Lane has them up and running.

Stevie Lane are you kidding me he would have to be 50 years old wouldn't he.

I was informed by one of your players you were at full strength, either way with 4 players out you should still have beaten a D2 club.

Good luck for the year, i feel for the club as you should be in a re building stage in D2 and not have been made to stay up:thumbsu:

I actually wet my self reading the prediction of Heights beating Hoppers, I was shocked they won as many games as they did last season... they where physical but lacked in every department, I thought our games against Altona and Glenorden were much more competitive.

If Heights beat Hoppers im converting to Buddhism.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually wet my self reading the prediction of Heights beating Hoppers, I was shocked they won as many games as they did last season... they where physical but lacked in every department, I thought our games against Altona and Glenorden were much more competitive.

If Heights beat Hoppers im converting to Buddhism.

http://www.ehow.com/how-to_4845334_converting-buddhism.html

Here you go mate..... just in case:thumbsu:

Don't worry about web links I'll move to Mongolia or where ever it comes from!

Want a wager?

Not something I should be doing on a public forum but feel free to PM me and we can arrange something.... From a few of your previous posts you obviously do not rate us at all so I assume that there will be a very generous points head start?

Stevie Lane are you kidding me he would have to be 50 years old wouldn't he.

I was informed by one of your players you were at full strength, either way with 4 players out you should still have beaten a D2 club.

Good luck for the year, i feel for the club as you should be in a re building stage in D2 and not have been made to stay up:thumbsu:

Thanks, i'd like to be in d2 at the moment but what can you do?

Steve's not playing just coaching.

i have notice Doug Thomas still has not been cleared to Melton Soth does this mean he will be running around in a hoppers jumper again this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back