Western Border Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
shocked at todays portland observer back page headline reading "SA BULLDOGS BITE BACK" "...hand imps first loss of 2008 western boarder season.
a good journalist and SPORTS EDITOR should do thier research and if im not mistaken south handed imps there fisrt loss of the 2008 season which would make this there SECOND loss simon bampfield

is it time for you now to hand the raines to deano??

Yes, i pondered over this article when i caught it as well.

Nevertheless i've noticed that this forum has came to a standstill so i'll kick it off a few little things if you may.

Now that were mid-way season does wanna share their thoughts on the second half of the season in terms of a ladder change between now and the end. Im intrigued to read up on East G's past fortnight's games to see them one week go down to Millicent which i believed for them to be the preferable under dogs and then knock off the ladder leaders for their ' first loss ' haha! Nevertheless does East G play the wild card within this league?

With the goalkickers they way their heading. Does anyone stand in the way of West G's weapon up forward J Ryan. Transfer list says he's AFL; Tasmanian Devils, I may be out of the loop, but does Ryan look to continue to stack them on as the season progress's? Possibly a ton for the season? What intrigues me more is next closest to Ryan from down at tigerland is apparently a young chap H Brown. Transfer list for him says he was just a local jr footballer. Has Portland compensated with this youngster? Alongside him is last yr's winner G Ewing's brother, Shane Ewing.

And finally, has there been any further updates with Turri on his way out? Any suggestions for names to be put up?

I know they could be dead subjects to talk about, but this forum was slowing up.

Portland 28 193.10
Hamilton 28 161.76
Imperials 28 135.90
East 24 117.60
South 20 112.53
North 20 109.28
West 16 98.07
Millicent 12 78.45
Casterton 4 63.96
Heywood 0 30.54

Yes, i pondered over this article when i caught it as well.

Nevertheless i've noticed that this forum has came to a standstill so i'll kick it off a few little things if you may.

Now that were mid-way season does wanna share their thoughts on the second half of the season in terms of a ladder change between now and the end. Im intrigued to read up on East G's past fortnight's games to see them one week go down to Millicent which i believed for them to be the preferable under dogs and then knock off the ladder leaders for their ' first loss ' haha! Nevertheless does East G play the wild card within this league?

With the goalkickers they way their heading. Does anyone stand in the way of West G's weapon up forward J Ryan. Transfer list says he's AFL; Tasmanian Devils, I may be out of the loop, but does Ryan look to continue to stack them on as the season progress's? Possibly a ton for the season? What intrigues me more is next closest to Ryan from down at tigerland is apparently a young chap H Brown. Transfer list for him says he was just a local jr footballer. Has Portland compensated with this youngster? Alongside him is last yr's winner G Ewing's brother, Shane Ewing.

And finally, has there been any further updates with Turri on his way out? Any suggestions for names to be put up?

I know they could be dead subjects to talk about, but this forum was slowing up.

I have been watching the season unfold with interest. Portland seem to be travelling along pretty well after a few big name departures and now have to be favourites again - reigning premiers sitting on top at the half way mark, can't do much more than that. Hamilton's young brigade are stepping up, just wonder whether they can keep it up when the finals come around - experience is a big thing come finals time. Imps are going ok, have had a couple of hiccups over the border but seem to have an unsettled squad at the moment, I am sure this will sort it's self out in the second half and have the experience to go a long way. Then East and South who have been a bit inconsistent throughout, but have both knocked off Imps in previous weeks. At this stage though I still think it will be out of the top 3.

Ryan can obviously play the game and has shown that on the scoreboard. Just wonder if he can keep it up as Westies seem to have dropped off hte mark again. Have heard a bit about young Brown and apparantly is a big talent and Portland have big raps on him. Both Ewings going along ok, I think Shane will only get better as he had a bit of time at Dunkeld and Grant is mainly playing midfield this year I have been told.

The Turri news - have not heard of any names as yet.

West have LONG TERM injuries to there top 5/6 players and no depth to cover that sort of quality,will plug gaps with the kids i guess to give them game time for the future.

no doubt about brown he has real talent and true body strength. having played on him in the junior ranks he really stepped up as a footballer in the past 2 years. has a younger brother that plays at heywood but limited to 3 senior games becuase still playing u/16 at south portland

Saw Brown from Portland a couple a weeks ago. Very strong body and hard at it for a kid. Looks good at this stage of his career.

Saw Brown from Portland a couple a weeks ago. Very strong body and hard at it for a kid. Looks good at this stage of his career.

Why isn't he playing Rebels? Is he good enough for that - i would have thought so being 2nd on the WBFL goalkicking. Is he not old enough or just too old, I do not know much about the lad.

What about some thoughts on this weeks games. Millicent vs Heywood - you would think Millicent would be too strong at home. West vs South should be a good game. Hamilton should beat Casterton on form, but the Cats can sometimes surprise. Portland should beat East but only cos it's at Portland. North and Imps will be a good game. Interesting to read that Durbridge played in the 2s last week for North?? I would have to Imps but could be close.

fbn, good win by the imperials. A few good ins this week may have helped. Wasn't at game unfortunately. How did darren play this week?

Wasn't Hooker named to play, it was he's son Karl Ransom.

Close game at Millicent yesterday, just seemed out of reach for Heywood after half time, backline players worked overtime all day but couldn't find many reliable targets up forward. Still plenty of positives emerging for the young lions.
Couple of older names in the best like: speedy defender Aaron Barr finding some good form and keeping Millicent's Dunn quiet at FF, John Dunn playing he's usual hard game in the midfield as well as Josh Marnell and older recruit Brendon Galloway looking pretty handy in the backline. Along with 'middle aged' players Troy Lovett, who worked hard out of CHF, and Mark Jones, who played a majority of the game in the ruck while Lester Hall had a big job in the back pocket.
Mentions also to 16 y.o's Thomas Gordon, Richard Bamblett and Matt Sailor who all ran very hard all day...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like there was a cliffhanger at hanlon park. For those who could catch it, have any post match notes? Mccracken do alright for himself on the day i see for East?

fbn, good win by the imperials. A few good ins this week may have helped. Wasn't at game unfortunately. How did darren play this week?
gday little champ, havent heard from you for a while, watched the imps v north game, four handy inclusions this week made massive difference. daz played real well, played on one of the best players in the league and i would say he clearly beat him. how did you blokes go this week, think i saw you had a win, how did the big fella go this week at skye?

Why isn't he playing Rebels? Is he good enough for that - i would have thought so being 2nd on the WBFL goalkicking. Is he not old enough or just too old, I do not know much about the lad.

What about some thoughts on this weeks games. Millicent vs Heywood - you would think Millicent would be too strong at home. West vs South should be a good game. Hamilton should beat Casterton on form, but the Cats can sometimes surprise. Portland should beat East but only cos it's at Portland. North and Imps will be a good game. Interesting to read that Durbridge played in the 2s last week for North?? I would have to Imps but could be close.
whats the update on durbridge at north, he didnt play reserves or seniors at the weekend, where is he at? have north had enough of his antics?

Sounds like there was a cliffhanger at hanlon park. For those who could catch it, have any post match notes? Mccracken do alright for himself on the day i see for East?
east up all day, except for the last 5 minutes. east player running into an open goal with about a minute to go and hit the post. loudest cheer all day from the crowd on can hill. that loss could come back to haunt them.

gday little champ, havent heard from you for a while, watched the imps v north game, four handy inclusions this week made massive difference. daz played real well, played on one of the best players in the league and i would say he clearly beat him. how did you blokes go this week, think i saw you had a win, how did the big fella go this week at skye?
Skye shat in. Apparently he stayed past 9 o'clock with the boys to have a light beer but then went home due to light headedness from the severe alcohol percentage.
We won well. Still in hunt for top four which is good.
Daz would have to in line for team of the year wouldn't he? Has been playing well enough i would think.

Skye shat in. Apparently he stayed past 9 o'clock with the boys to have a light beer but then went home due to light headedness from the severe alcohol percentage.
We won well. Still in hunt for top four which is good.
Daz would have to in line for team of the year wouldn't he? Has been playing well enough i would think.
sounds like a good weekend all round. i cant think of anybody better than him at chb, would have thought on current form he is a certainty.

Disappointed i didnt make it to this game.... Headed MSE Robbe game. eard all about the last monent kick forward for the boys! didnt think we'd get so close in this encounter.Dawey getting the boys close to sides, and may see a change come finals.. Go the dogs! Lok forward to a rap up on the game..

Hooker could still play

hooker has already lined up this year in the lions 2's.
prob a day scott finck will wanna forget after taking a cheap shot at hooker and paying the price with a couple to the moosh.

on heath brown not sure why not playin rebels might be somethin to ask jock whiting the the rebels coaches.
would definatly be up to the task

Do i see Brian D make his return for North last week? would have been a tough task for the north tigers get up on a angry bunch of blokes from east coming off their dissapointing loss to portland the weekend before.

Interesting last few matches for this last half of the round. Top 3 teams all playing this weekend. Would certainly expect Hamilton to get up. Anyone wanna go out on a limb and tip whose gonna get the job done at mellville oval?

Do i see Brian D make his return for North last week? would have been a tough task for the north tigers get up on a angry bunch of blokes from east coming off their dissapointing loss to portland the weekend before.

Interesting last few matches for this last half of the round. Top 3 teams all playing this weekend. Would certainly expect Hamilton to get up. Anyone wanna go out on a limb and tip whose gonna get the job done at mellville oval?

would be a big ask for tigers to win at melville oval. lions to have a crack as always

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back