West Perth Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry to intrude Falcons fans.

Being in NSW I'm not privy to this information so can anyone tell me if the stalemate between 9 and 7 RE: West Perth sponsored jumpers has been solved?

Cheers in advance, GG.

What investment?

Channel 7 are being paid to broadcast.

The arrangement was in place before Channel 7 had the rights.

Channel 7 had logo's on their jumper when the ABC were broadcasting.

Exactly, didn't East Perth have the "7 West Media" logo on the back of their jumpers

Sorry to intrude Falcons fans.

Being in NSW I'm not privy to this information so can anyone tell me if the stalemate between 9 and 7 RE: West Perth sponsored jumpers has been solved?

Cheers in advance, GG.

Due to cost cutting the ABC could no longer do the live tv games on Saturday afternoon anymore. Channel 7 stepped in to show games in a deal that's murky at best and put games at times around AFL games which meant the traditional 2.10 bouncedown was moved which isn't good when your club relies on volunteers more than anything for that time every week. They started showing games but have trailed off as the season went on and it looked likely Eagles and Dockers would be top 2 in the AFL. Hardly any games have been shown lately.

Before the deal was struck West Perth was sponsored by Channel 9 for a lot of money for a WAFL club (300,000? 100,000 a season over 3 years I believe). Channel 7 said the Channel 9 logo has to go and West Perth said no so 7 hasn't shown any West Perth games all season hoping they would not make the finals. West Perth of course won the flag in 2013 and would be a chance this year so it was stupid by the WAFC and 7 to think this would hopefully happen. The West Perth CEO managed to lead a charge to get the WAFC CEO to quit over the debacle. West Perth finish second this season and the possibility of them making the grand final prompts 7 and the WAFC to ask West Perth to again remove the 9 logo. Once again West Perth say no so now they are being threatened with being kicked out of the finals or Channel 7 won't show the prelim or grand finals. A complete clusterheck even by WAFC standards.

This should've been rectified before the season began but it wasn't again showing the scant regard they have had for the league trying to placate the Eagles and Dockers for almost 20 years now. The league is treated like a ginger stepchild these days compared to how the SANFL is treated and covered. West Perth won't budge and legally they're sound and the more it goes on the more Channel 9 get more bang for their advertising buck and 7 West Media and the WAFC are made to look like campaigners which is what they are. Complete boys club.

The WAFC also came out and said the 8 other clubs are for booting out West Perth if it comes to that which ended up being complete crap. I don't mind the games not being on 7 if we make the big one. They lose money through sponsors and I'll be at the game anyway :) Win-win. 'Mon the Cardies.

I was also at the irrelevant qualifying final on Sunday against a tanking Peel and Channel 9 had a marquee or two there handing out showbags like a royal show. Kids were everywhere putting 9 stickers on their shirts just like the players had on theirs while they had lightsabre fights with Channel 9 rulers. I cant stand commercial tv but 9 are having a lovely time with this and anything that is a blow to Seven West media is fine by me.

I was also at the irrelevant qualifying final on Sunday against a tanking Peel and Channel 9 had a marquee or two there handing out showbags like a royal show. Kids were everywhere putting 9 stickers on their shirts just like the players had on theirs while they had lightsabre fights with Channel 9 rulers. I cant stand commercial tv but 9 are having a lovely time with this and anything that is a blow to Seven West media is fine by me.

Going Sunday Bo?

What happens with the WAFL GF if there are two AFL prelims at Subi? There's three days in the weekend obviously but I'd love a Friday night WAFL GF.

I reckon it would go ORF!!!!!!

Yep, 7 have given the 9 Advertising Department a massive free kick.

I have got grumpy with the Garlic Muncher supporters at times, but geez at least they have the balls to stand up for themselves ( the club ), makes the WAFC look like a bunch of nerdy wimps.

Going Sunday Bo?

What happens with the WAFL GF if there are two AFL prelims at Subi? There's three days in the weekend obviously but I'd love a Friday night WAFL GF.

I reckon it would go ORF!!!!!!

I can't this Sunday, only finals Sunday I can't make. Would definitely be a Sunday granny. If it's two Subi prelim finals then they would be the Friday and Saturday.

Just saw that West Perth offered to have the logo on the right chest and a fraction of the size of the original sponsorship but still no dice from 7. We're trying to meet them halfway and they still want to try and tread on us.

How To Save Face 101.

If in a stalemate, when one party takes a step back, the other party should take a step back. The result is that both parties feel that they haven't "lost" anything and thus save face.

If your party refuses to take a step back, after the other party has taken the step back, .......................... your party are viewed as tossers.

Telethon is going to DESTROY Appealathon this year...DESTORY IT! Those kids are so going to miss out on so much vital research funding it's funny.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

its all sorted, we are wearing Variety on our jumper and we are on TV this week

Eat a dick East Perth.

Had to listen to ******* Peter ******* Spencer sooking it up on ABC radio after the game saying the rules have to be changed so McGinnity and Selwood can play.

What a campaigner. Not satisfied with turning the comp into a training camp for the West Coast campaigner bags, we have to change the rules so they win the GF.

heck OFF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heard about that. Great win for the Cardies as East Perth choked yet again. Johnson is gone after that bump. We have some injury worries too. It's doable though!

Back in the winners circle.

Nelson gets 47 possessions and Carlton have 25 HBF and no mids.

Faster and a better tank than Graham, better skills than Kerridge but SOS loads up with 3 delisted HBF in Shaw, Mullett and OShea and wonder why we are uncompetitive in the midfield in both league and reserves .

Total farce this guy isn't on a list .

First time ever really following West Perth properly, what's with the lack of merch? Wanted to get myself a 2018 polo until I realised there wasn't one. Is it always like this?

Should be more coming from the supplier soon mate :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back