Player Watch Welcome to Richmond Pick 28 - Tyler Sonsie

Remove this Banner Ad

This is it in a nutshell. We need quality around him and not quantity.
Needs to be part of a rotation that includes at Taranto, Ross, Bolton and either an injured Hopper or another inside mid at a minimum.

Sonsie never looked like the first in get the ball type player. He looks best as the "First possession" type player that the ball gets fed out to and he is able to use his skills to best make a clearing kick.

Needs to be part of a rotation that includes at Taranto, Ross, Bolton and either an injured Hopper or another inside mid at a minimum.

Sonsie never looked like the first in get the ball type player. He looks best as the "First possession" type player that the ball gets fed out to and he is able to use his skills to best make a clearing kick.
that's exactly what he is.

According to Mitch Cleary picked up a knock to the wrist and went for scans today. Apparently should be okay but if he gets injured it will be like the world telling me I have no right to be happy.

I always thought he would be our Steele Sidebottom type

Nothing has changed my mind

I rate him highly, if we had him in with Taranto, Hopper, Ross he’d look a lot better. He needs exposure, just play him in the midfield please. Get him the experience. Then in pre season, whip his arse into lots of fitness work and watch him go!
Chuck him in the Centre bounces and put Marlion defensively in there alongside to provide some assistance physically while he gets some exposure,

Chuck him in the Centre bounces and put Marlion defensively in there alongside to provide some assistance physically while he gets some exposure,
Put him in with McAulif. The two work well in the reserves. Agree with putting Marlion in there too to do the grunt work.

Put him in with McAulif. The two work well in the reserves. Agree with putting Marlion in there too to do the grunt work.
They made the reigning VFL premiers look pedestrian. That was a crazy game to watch lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I must be watching a different game.
At least he had the balls to go for a couple of kicks that weren't simply long down the line like every other player last night.

Some fans expectations on this kid are insane.
And some others are unreal. This dude will go the way of Lennon all talk and no improvement. Ralf on the other hand you can see improvement so much so was our best player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back