Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn: Ethan Phillips. 2024 SSP.

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought Phillips stood up in that last quarter and did some nice things. For his first game he looked reasonably comfortable at the level. Would like to see him stay in the team and I wonder if Sicily plays forward when he returns. Both Phillips and Serong give the team options to shuffle positions.

Outstanding first game. Looked assured everytime the ball was near. Looks like a rock in defence and was a really impressive debut. How he had so many doubters I dont know. He was better than alot of players well into their AFL career. Needs to be in the side on a regular basis. I agree he can help alot with freeing up Sic and Scrimma to play more attacking roles and Weddle is too good to play too far down back and just be lockdown, he needs to be set free and moved more between the square then be played too far down back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve mentioned it a few times through the year, but last year the team (and Sicily) played their best footy when we had Frost + Blanck, allowing Sicily to free up.

Can’t see why it would be any different playing all of Frost, Phillips and Sicily

FB: Impey Phillips Scrimshaw
HB: Sicily Frost Amon

Hardwick as the swing player and allow the likes of CJ, Mass and Weddle to play further up the ground.

I’ve mentioned it a few times through the year, but last year the team (and Sicily) played their best footy when we had Frost + Blanck, allowing Sicily to free up.

Can’t see why it would be any different playing all of Frost, Phillips and Sicily

FB: Impey Phillips Scrimshaw
HB: Sicily Frost Amon

Hardwick as the swing player and allow the likes of CJ, Mass and Weddle to play further up the ground.

Just want Amon higher up the ground, for mine. Slot in Seamus Mitchell for him

I didn't think he was iffy at all. Thought he was 100% solid. Picked the right option and didn't see him miss a spoil unlike lots of others.

It was really just one iffy kick across the goal face which I think was late in the 3rd or early in the 4th which was nearly cut off. Bit of a buttclencher that one.

Like lethalselbow said I'll take an iffy 100% any day!

How we structure the backline moving forward will be pretty interesting, definitely has more scope to stay in the side now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back