List Mgmt. Welcome Jack Williams (Pick 57, 2021 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Best tall prospect we've had since those 8 wonderful years of Fraser Mcinnes.

Don't @ me.

Although Jilliams 3 goals was more than Fraser produced in any game throughout his career.
McInnes had to compete with Darling tho

As mentioned in one of the coast to coast episodes his nickname around the club is the Fundy or Big Fundy. Because he is exceptional at all the fundamentals.

Hopefully now with some reward he'll gain even more confidence and kick on. Will be good to see how he goes with some more focus.

As far as I know he height tested at 194 in 2020 and 195 at the draft combine. I seriously doubt he grows more than another cm. Yes he is a low ager but all kids stop growing at different stages. My dad was 188cm on his 15th birthday and didn't grow another cm. I was 174cm when I joined the Navy at 17 and 180 when I finished category training. I'm now somewhere between 177-178 as i lost a couple of centimetres after badly damaging my back, neck and shoulders in an accident. Williams has been like a man playing against boys strength wise. He may lose the puppy fat, put on some more muscle and become one of those guys who is just really strong for their size. Like Darling or Lynch or Cunnington. He has a good, not great leap, isn't slow (isn't fast relative to AFL key defenders) but certainly isnt overly agile from what i've seen. Whether or not that is enough to carve out a career at AFL level we'll see and as he's now an eagles player I really hope he does.

But I stand by my pre-draft profile of him being a tweener at AFL level who will most likely carve out an amazing WAFL lever career but won't make it as a key forward at AFL level. I hope im proven wrong but in a draft that was considered weak on talls I didn't have him in my top 10 tall prospects in the draft and didn't want us to take him.

He’s 198cm now, and is proving to be a viable forward at AFL level.

e84a651d537c3c19fc76bf3c2067827c.jpg

Has he made it in to your best 10 talls from that draft now?

At least Oscar Allen will strengthen the Beagles forwardline once he’s returned from injury

We have been spoiled with JK's ridiculous ability off the deck over the years. He was easily our handiest crumber as well as our marking focal point.

You need to keep up with the times, it's now spelt Reidiculous.

Otherwise agree, JK was ridiculous/reidiculous and Willie says hi.

As mentioned in one of the coast to coast episodes his nickname around the club is the Fundy or Big Fundy. Because he is exceptional at all the fundamentals.

Hopefully now with some reward he'll gain even more confidence and kick on. Will be good to see how he goes with some more focus.
So we've got the AFL version of Tim Duncan!!??

Its always good to get an unexpected "Ripper" in the draft..lets face it we haven't been very good previously selecting the kids until the last 2-3 years.

His height definitely helps.
We've taken drafted some more speculative key position players at just over 190cm in the past with low chance of success.
At that height you either need to have a massive frame like Darling or Wilson, or be a strong contested grab like Waterman to have any chance to succeed.
Guys like Colledge and Matthew Allan didn't work out and were re-purposed to the midfield at WAFL level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back