List Mgmt. Welcome Campbell Chesser (Pick 14, 2021 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

When it's his turn he still hangs back. Sometimes it is just your turn. I am still yet to be convinced he has the ticker. No question on skill, but that doesn't cut the mustard at AFL level unfortunately
I think you are completely missing what he is doing wrong. His contested game is absolutely fine. His issue is he doesn’t know how to find uncontested ball.

You win games of footy when you have the footy.....
You win games of footy when your wings play perfectly to their structures. Chesser doesn’t play the role well at the moment but it’s significantly more complex than you make it out to be.

Better tonight, but still runs around like a headless chook 50% of the time. Going to need lots and lots of games.

I like that he’s realised he can semi break tackles by sort of stepping away from traffic and then again in the opposite direction, drawing the tackle and handballing forward.

Hard to describe but he did it a few times. Feels like he is slowly adapting to the pace and physicality

You win games of footy when your wings play perfectly to their structures. Chesser doesn’t play the role well at the moment but it’s significantly more complex than you make it out to be.
All I am saying is currently he doesn't cut the mustard at AFL level. I know the wing role is a complex one!
He may make it but I am not convinced
Other players who have played less games have more ticker and impact such as jack Williams
Ginbey Long
He looks like an athlete who doesn't know what he is doing

All I am saying is currently he doesn't cut the mustard at AFL level. I know the wing role is a complex one!
Other players who have played less games have more ticker and impact such as jack Williams
Ginbey Long
Ginbey and Long have both played more games than Chesser.

Ginbey Long
Well you clearly don’t know it’s a complex one based on how you are talking. Long has been worse than Chesser this year so not sure what your point is there. JWilliams was amazing tonight but has mostly been worse than Chesser. Ginbey has played in the middle mostly. Ginbey also struggles heavily to touch the ball when he is on the wing. Nearly like it’s a hard role to play?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well you clearly don’t know it’s a complex one based on how you are talking. Long has been worse than Chesser this year so not sure what your point is there. JWilliams was amazing tonight but has mostly been worse than Chesser. Ginbey has played in the middle mostly. Ginbey also struggles heavily to touch the ball when he is on the wing. Nearly like it’s a hard role to play?
Screenshot_20240504_224643_AFL.jpg

In breaking news Jez1974 doesnt rate chesser....

Gotta keep pumping games into him. He is getting there and his upside is clear to see. Also very hopeful he gets more inside minutes in the coming weeks with yeos absence.
He is a midfielder. That will be t he litmus test.
I hope he makes it and he's not another McDougall

I feel he's playing a similar spuddy role to Ledwards, only at least Chesser has been able to hit the scoreboard a few times.

We might be carrying him, but 4 goals from 8 games is an added benefit.

Played the most gametime of his career by a long way tonight, 92%. Previous best in 2024 year 81% in round 5, and 88% in round 16 last year.

In breaking news Jez1974 doesnt rate chesser....

Gotta keep pumping games into him. He is getting there and his upside is clear to see. Also very hopeful he gets more inside minutes in the coming weeks with yeos absence.
It's old news but as I have said happy to be proved wrong
He gets his turn in yeoys as absence

I liked his game last night. I watched him off ball (as much as I can on the TV, not at the game) and saw him streaming into space a lot and not being used.

Felt like he worked hard off the ball and when he did have it I don't remember any glaring errors, looked composed and overall was good enough. Still room for improvement, if he could grab 25+ every 3rd week or so that would be good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back