Discussion We need to talk about the elephant in the room

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
North released an article two weeks ago saying over 50% of the squad has had or has it currently.
It would be 50% easily league wide now at a guess.
It would be really helpful if they released it for all clubs, might be the tie-breaker for a few selection decisions.

There have been some Suns in iso, but I haven't really taken much notice.

uuummmmm..... can people see what a sociopath is ?
Jords

AFL 2022: Non-Victorian clubs oppose AFL’s top-up plan​

Non-Victorian clubs have voiced strong opposition to an AFL plan which would see them create lists of 20 top-ups for each team linked to their own state-league side.

Under one league model, each club would pick 20 players linked to their state-league side who would be eligible to play AFL games in the event of a widespread club outbreak.

But many non-interstate teams believe their potential top-ups are of a much weaker standard than those who populate the VFL in search of a chance to play AFL.

Non-Victorian clubs are also awaiting a ruling on the size of touring parties each weekend.

Clubs might be told they have to travel on chartered planes with a large number of emergencies to cater for last-minute Covid withdrawals.

But those emergencies would then miss playing that weekend in a state-league match, which would effect continuity given most non-Victorian teams have to travel every second week.

AFL 2022: Non-Victorian clubs oppose AFL’s top-up plan​

Non-Victorian clubs have voiced strong opposition to an AFL plan which would see them create lists of 20 top-ups for each team linked to their own state-league side.

Under one league model, each club would pick 20 players linked to their state-league side who would be eligible to play AFL games in the event of a widespread club outbreak.

But many non-interstate teams believe their potential top-ups are of a much weaker standard than those who populate the VFL in search of a chance to play AFL.

Non-Victorian clubs are also awaiting a ruling on the size of touring parties each weekend.

Clubs might be told they have to travel on chartered planes with a large number of emergencies to cater for last-minute Covid withdrawals.

But those emergencies would then miss playing that weekend in a state-league match, which would effect continuity given most non-Victorian teams have to travel every second week.
Gonna be messy AF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know its a personal anecdote but I know people who've had it twice in 2 months

Same, guy I work with.
Different variant? Something like Delta in November and Omicron in January makes sense. Catching the same variant twice is incredibly rare, some would argue it's not even possible.
Covid isn't going anywhere and I'm sure there'll be a new variant popping up in a few months. If that happens during the season and cases are going through the roof, every player in the comp could catch it again. Then we'll all be screwed.

Given that we know how Covid affects the elderly, lets take a moment to spare a thought for David Mundy

burning candle.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back