We must sell newspapers!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it just my imagination or is the media starting to realise the depth and breadth of the Richmond supporter base.

I think they were already aware given they could never wait to put the yellow and black axe on the back page to stir up the tiger supporters want to get a coach out the door but now we're finally seeing it from a different side. :thumbsu:

I was 4 when we one our last premiership and I have always been hesitant to get excited about the Tiges due to the number of false dawns we have had, however I am actually feeling confident about the journey we are on now, no rediculous excitement or rediculous statements, just confidence we are heading in the right direction. The excitement will come!!!!!!!!

................................. And the media are catching on.

I hate these good news stories. Seems everytime we build some momentum this over the top articles come out saying we are the next big thing. We will definitely make top 6 ect... And then we come crashing back to earth with a devastating loss like against port and the dogs

Why do so many want to criticise every time articles are written about us? We essentially do the same here by posting day after day all kinds of stuff about the club, players and game styles. Some great, some ordinary, some incredibly stupid and some over the top defamatory stuff. Its basically the same thing as what the complainants are having a dig at with all the media stories.

Also people have to remember the vast majority of football followers do not follow forum based web sites, and any daily dose of an article is very much anticipated. The more Tiger stories in print and on TV the better as far as im concerned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As long as its not a photo of our left footers all holding arms in a row looking like balerinas in a kick position.

That one was an embarrassment and Sheeds managed to get his players to go at us like a bull to a red rag.

Also in our semi good years, Gaspar,Campbell and Knights didnt have broad appeal to the general public.

Deledio,Cotchin,Martin and Reiwoldt seem to be a bit more in demand.

The difference this time it that not only are Richmond supporters excited but so are the non affiliated. Opposition supporters also see how exciting Martin, Cotchin, Delidio, Foley, Reiwoldt, Nahas et al can be to watch in full flight.

I agree with previous post, Campbell Knights does not stir a tiger supporter's passion like Martin Cotchin.

Maybe it's time we learnt how to.

There's not too many media free grand final weeks.

Correct , hopefully they have after the lead up to the Port game. I know we burst Essendons bubble but since then their form has amounted to nothing and a win over Brisbane at the Gabba these days is as exciting as winning a one in six mars bar , you just expect it to happen.

We beat Melbourne and Miller, Martin and Jack star. We'll be on the front and page back of the Herald Sun :thumbsu:

Carn the Tigers!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back