WDCA Season 2010/11

Remove this Banner Ad

:eek: the amount of weeks till the season starts scares me, as i still have 7 weeks left of the cricket season in england

Are you playing cricket in Devon? Which division, which club? I played in Devon back when Jesus was opening the bowling for Jerusalem.

yes mayhen20202 i just happen to be playing cricket in devon, the club i play for are in the c division and are called stoke gabriel.

I played in the C or D division for a club called Keyham and Buckfastleigh. They are no longer around as far as I am aware. Was a fun place, played on some nice grounds. Nice people. Played in a few "Overseas XI" sides at the Premier League grounds, they were pretty nice. Have you had a look around much? Been down to Cornwall for a night on the Cider? Which city is closest to where you live? I was right near Plymouth, didn't go to Exeter or Torquay much, wish I had have though!!!

yes mayhen20202 i just happen to be playing cricket in devon, the club i play for are in the c division and are called stoke gabriel.

If you get the chance, go and watch Plymouth Argyle play. Way more impressive day than going to watch the rubbish they serve up in the A League. Very good atmosphere at the English grounds.

I played in the C or D division for a club called Keyham and Buckfastleigh. They are no longer around as far as I am aware. Was a fun place, played on some nice grounds. Nice people. Played in a few "Overseas XI" sides at the Premier League grounds, they were pretty nice. Have you had a look around much? Been down to Cornwall for a night on the Cider? Which city is closest to where you live? I was right near Plymouth, didn't go to Exeter or Torquay much, wish I had have though!!!

closest city to me is plymouth but most of the stoke boys live around the paignton torquay area so have been out there a few times. funnily enough one of our club players used to play for buckfastleigh bet left when they got into the d division i think. i played a match at the buckfastleigh ground a couple of weeks ago as one of the clubs didnt have a home ground they still play rugby there though very nice senic ground. havent been to a soccer match as of yet hoping to get to one before i come back home, have been to lords though. i must admit when i have gone out i have mainly drank cider great stuff it is.

closest city to me is plymouth but most of the stoke boys live around the paignton torquay area so have been out there a few times. funnily enough one of our club players used to play for buckfastleigh bet left when they got into the d division i think. i played a match at the buckfastleigh ground a couple of weeks ago as one of the clubs didnt have a home ground they still play rugby there though very nice senic ground. havent been to a soccer match as of yet hoping to get to one before i come back home, have been to lords though. i must admit when i have gone out i have mainly drank cider great stuff it is.

What is the name of the fella that played at Buckfastleigh, just on the off chance that I know him??

news regarding the traf saga. looks like longwarrry will be staying in div 1 to replace traf, ellinbank still get promotion fro div 2 and warragul will get promoted from div 3 to div 2.

He'd wanna be a gun coach, because looking at his stats, he might battle to play A grade, even for you blokes.
sorry if his stats dont impress you but quiet frankly the ECC dont really give f*** about what you think. We appointed a young player as coach last year and his stats we pretty average also, but we managed to win a flag.
The Ellinbank cricket club has always had trouble recruiting a coach so if someone is willing to put there hand up and have a crack we are more than willing to give them ago.
PS and it is a lot cheaper than the club forking out $7 to $8000 dollars to get an overseas player that has average stats to do the same job

(Log in to remove this ad.)

drouin have announced captains for the up coming season.

Div 1 Captain Clinton Proctor
Div 2 Captain Daniel Glover
Div 3 Captain Steve Austin
Div 4 Captain Brendan Butler
Div 5 Captain John Tomkins

and normy good luck with the new appointment, know harm in trying something different and giving some one ago. think the div 1 comp will be fairly even this season.

Jindivick Cricket Club is excited to announce Allan Chandler as our assistant coach for season 2010-2011.

I don't know much about your league, but, I am doing a little reading between the lines here. Correct me if I was wrong.

We had already appointed a coach, then the opportunity to get Chandler came up, we had to pay him, so, we named him assistant coach to justify paying him????

I don't know about the size of your clubs down there, but, I can't think of the last SMCA club to have an assistant coach?????? Fair enough if it was a young kid, 19 - 22, naming him assistant coach to give him some experience and mould him into a future coach, but, from my understanding Chandler (if he is the same guy I am thinking of) is roughly 27 or older?? Anyway, good on the club for recruiting the guy, but, surely no one is fooled by the Assistant coach tag, and it is fairly obvious it is just a justification for paying a guy.

I was an assistant coach for two years at Stratford maybe four or five years ago...sorry Mayhem...but I was 19 at the time

Any news on recruits this year? Or will it be most likely the same old story in Div 1 with Western Park, Warragul and Drouin being the stronger clubs?

I don't know much about your league, but, I am doing a little reading between the lines here. Correct me if I was wrong.

We had already appointed a coach, then the opportunity to get Chandler came up, we had to pay him, so, we named him assistant coach to justify paying him????

I don't know about the size of your clubs down there, but, I can't think of the last SMCA club to have an assistant coach?????? Fair enough if it was a young kid, 19 - 22, naming him assistant coach to give him some experience and mould him into a future coach, but, from my understanding Chandler (if he is the same guy I am thinking of) is roughly 27 or older?? Anyway, good on the club for recruiting the guy, but, surely no one is fooled by the Assistant coach tag, and it is fairly obvious it is just a justification for paying a guy.
We were talking to chandler much before we appointed our senior non playing, non paid coach, this season as well as previous seasons. Due to a number of reasons, he was unable to commit to being the senior coach of the club this season, having a new born baby and he was unsure about his abillity to play this season following his injury which as you will be aware kept him out of numerous games of football this season. So we asked allan to be our assistant coach and highly professional on field leader for our division 2 side.
Being a club with 60 senior listed players whom have commited for this season and 30 junior players it can be quite hard for the coach (impossible) to spend time with every player training and hopefully with two on field coaches we will be able to offer our players a better training thus hopefully improving our players. Already at preseason indoors it is hard with 30 blokes showing up for a new coach to A) learn about everyones games and B) help out the millions of defects in our techniques as we have never had a proper "technical" experianced coach before.
Why would we use it as an excuse to justify paying bloke ? if we wanted to simply pay him, we would but we needed more. so mayhem he is a legitmaite assistant coach not just some fake roll we invented.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back