WDCA Season 2010/11

Remove this Banner Ad

massive pick up for jindivick hopefully will see you guys push for top four again. for the league to be stronger clubs like Iona, jindivick, Garfield and ill even chuck bunyip need to recruit and follow neerim districts example last season. its not good for the league when some teams second elevens example western park drouin and hallora finished higher then garfield,iona and jindivick. the exception being ellinbank but they are now a div 1 side. there is alot of talent in div 2-3 some are playing second team at drouin,western park, hallora and now warragul so i dont see why clubs like jindivick,iona and garfield dont try to poach the talent that oher clubs have.

well, neerim didnt really recruit, it was more of a personal issue why those guys went back but i know what you mean. it does suck when your losing games, especially when you made the grand final the season before, but losing 5 out of our top side kills you.

we've also picked up a former queensland under 19 player from only a couple of years ago, batsmen to complement our already servicable bowling line up. M.Urie, L.Hume, J.Fairfull, A.Chandler etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whats happened down at Iona, Heard they had a few recruits coming down, GRbic was supposed to play a full year, A Batsmen from the WGCA who made 99 in a GF or something, couple other handy players, There side on paper looks worse then last years, Wheels falling off or?

well we got our ward brothers back matt and jack and i thought gribic and bolding were both injured and would play after christmas.

Whats happened down at Iona, Heard they had a few recruits coming down, GRbic was supposed to play a full year, A Batsmen from the WGCA who made 99 in a GF or something, couple other handy players, There side on paper looks worse then last years, Wheels falling off or?

Will Grbic will be playing cricket in Melbourne this season. (For Greenvale I think). He is obviously a massive loss as he is the best bowler in the league when fit. Probably a 400+ run a season bat too.

Yes, Iona have lost a few players. But most of the ones that have gone are replaceable. I can think of 2 that aren't. We are now in a position where we can select blokes who are willing to play a role in the firsts, not for themselves.

Our injury list was ridiculous through October and we were probably lucky there were some rainy days. We are now starting to get back to full strength and have no reason to think that we can't make finals.

Not sure who this "99 in a GF" player is, sounds like bull to me.

Secondly, Kris Holio from earlier in a thread got all his info from me. He got a very unfair pasting considering all of what he said was basically spot on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back