WCE Player Refusing Vaccination

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 1, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Have heard a rumour that an important eagles player is choosing not to be vaccinated at this point.

He has been in constant dialogue with the club who are trying to educate as best as possible however the player hasn't budged at this stage.

Mods, happy for you to remove if you don't think this belongs.

I’ll be surprised if Liam Jones is the only player in the AFL holding off on it.

Jack Darling. I'd be surprised if it isn't. I, along with several other posters, called this earlier this year.

Statistically speaking, if even say NSW can only reach 95% vaccination then by simple extrapolation there must be several AFL players that also refuse to get vaccinated.

Many on the Eagles board have speculated it is Jack Darling.

gif-eating-popcorn.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have heard a rumour that an important eagles player is choosing not to be vaccinated at this point.

He has been in constant dialogue with the club who are trying to educate as best as possible however the player hasn't budged at this stage.

Mods, happy for you to remove if you don't think this belongs.
Mentioned on Perth radio earlier in the week when the Liam Jones news was breaking that it was a couple of west coast players who are hesitant to get the vaccine not just the 1 player.

Is that a question, or a statement?
As of 4th Nov, overall case fatality rate
20-29 0.01%
30-39 0.02%
40-49 0.04%
Any AFL player should be fine. Why mandated vaccines are occurring for the fit/healthy u50s is beyond me.

Because the fit/healthy under 50s interact with people that may not be fit, healthy or under 50 and if you are not vaccinated the risk of transmitting COVID is greatly increased, and the risk of ending up needing medical treatment is greatly increased.

That people still cannot see that point should baffle me, but given the self-centred nature of much of modern western society I should not be surprised.

Is that a question, or a statement?
As of 4th Nov, overall case fatality rate
20-29 0.01%
30-39 0.02%
40-49 0.04%
Any AFL player should be fine. Why mandated vaccines are occurring for the fit/healthy u50s is beyond me.
It's a statement that the age demographic for fatalities in the AFL player age range are almost all accompanied by conditions that preclude a person from playing afl, mostly obesity

Sorry 0.02%. But you may spread it to others who are/should be vaccinated against it, so it should be fine.
OK great! Now we're getting somewhere.

What's the percentage of fit and healthy athletes whose full-time job requires elite fitness and undergoing regular health tests having their "heart fuxked up, and (their) athletic career ruined"?

More or less than .02%?

OK great! Now we're getting somewhere.

What's the percentage of fit and healthy athletes whose full-time job requires elite fitness and undergoing regular health tests having their "heart fuxked up, and (their) athletic career ruined"?

More or less than .02%?
You should compare the rate at which non obese and not sickly people in the age range die of covid.

It is almost 0.

Total population fatality rate for that age is mostly obese people.

This would be concerning if you were tasked with public health - but as you are not, I am sure this is not the only thing beyond you.
Fair play. But what I am tasked with is mathematical modelling.. and the model suggests (based on UK numbers and statistics) that the vaccination is effective in lowering hospital admissions and death, but this coincided with increased access to testing which has drastically reduced the cases to hospitalisation/death ratios. More testing = more cases.
This as a virus for the pre conditioned unwell and elderly. Mandating a vaccine for a virus that has a minute probability of killing anyone under the age of 50 is ridiculous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back