warrnambool district football league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tagged out of the game? Three off the ball hits by someone coming off half back screwed him up and he never recovered. Rovers coaching was good yes but not the reason for his poor second half
history will always show rovers won last year but timboon discipline, or lack of, caused their downfall. The pressure is on timboon this year as the power have nothing to lose. A fine day on a big ground points to the power, and it would be fair to say most supporters of other clubs hope the power will win. Win or lose Matho wont be there next year....ok now who has the ins and outs of how the game will be won and lost. Remember .........like any game the loser has NO-ONE to blame but themselves. Theres no excuses for losing other than not being good enough!!!

history will always show rovers won last year but timboon discipline, or lack of, caused their downfall. The pressure is on timboon this year as the power have nothing to lose. A fine day on a big ground points to the power, and it would be fair to say most supporters of other clubs hope the power will win. Win or lose Matho wont be there next year....ok now who has the ins and outs of how the game will be won and lost. Remember .........like any game the loser has NO-ONE to blame but themselves. Theres no excuses for losing other than not being good enough!!!

Um, no. Timboon have nothing to lose. Power are favorites idiot.

Um, no. Timboon have nothing to lose. Power are favorites idiot.

Your the idiot....i think it's fair to say timboon choked last yr so all the pressure is on them...it's powers first ever grand final compared to timboon's so for that i believe timboon would almost go in as favourites...they coming of a big win and should have beat the power besides some unlucky thnigs happenin so i believe timboon are favourites!!!

Who the F**K do you think you are. Listen to yourself crapping on. Its local league conutry footy for F**k sake. Going through your post most people seem to think your a knob and i tend to agree.

Who the F**K do you think you are. Listen to yourself crapping on. Its local league conutry footy for F**k sake. Going through your post most people seem to think your a knob and i tend to agree.[/quote
who cares what anyone thinks about me .. i just think most of you find it it difficult to accept what i have to say whether you like it or not. Im quite entitled to say what i like so f*****g get over it. Its quite simple...Timboon have all the pressure on them to try to redeem themselves from last year and the power have nothing to lose..simple!!

Who the F**K do you think you are. Listen to yourself crapping on. Its local league conutry footy for F**k sake. Going through your post most people seem to think your a knob and i tend to agree.[/quote
who cares what anyone thinks about me .. i just think most of you find it it difficult to accept what i have to say whether you like it or not. Im quite entitled to say what i like so f*****g get over it. Its quite simple...Timboon have all the pressure on them to try to redeem themselves from last year and the power have nothing to lose..simple!!

I'll have to agree to disagree. The Power have beaten Timboon every time this year I think. They have to start favourites IMO. Sure Timboon will be wanting to redeem themselves, thats natural. But it is Timboon who have nothing to lose moreso than Power.

who cares what anyone thinks about me .. i just think most of you find it it difficult to accept what i have to say whether you like it or not. Im quite entitled ]to say what i like so f*****g get over it. Its quite simple...Timboon have all the pressure on them to try to redeem themselves from last year and the power h[]av[/]e nothing to lose..simple!!

No worries mate. Tell me, do you idolise Hutchy from the footy show? You seem like the kind of person who will listen to all the negative s**t going on in the footy world and forget the decent things being done. Your actually worse the Hutchy. Your crapping on like a reporter would but your on a Forum about COUNTRY FOOTBALL. Its a group of mates playing football not a team of professionals. Will you sleep if Timboon did happen to win on saturday?

The wrost part about all this crap is that i have to go through 3 or 4 pages of back and forth abuse to find some posts about footy. heres an idea send each other private messages to have cracks at each other and lets talk footy! Where will the game be won? match ups, injuries etc lets talk about the footy guys

Timboon have all the pressure on them to try to redeem themselves from last year and the power have nothing to lose..simple!![/quote]

Well what say you and i have a wager Mick? Power win ill leave a half dozen of your choice at a bottle shop in Warnambool for you to pick up? Timboon win and you do the same...?

Timboon have all the pressure on them to try to redeem themselves from last year and the power have nothing to lose..simple!!

Well what say you and i have a wager Mick? Power win ill leave a half dozen of your choice at a bottle shop in Warnambool for you to pick up? Timboon win and you do the same...?[/quote]

Ah boys this is really wat i like to hear......make it a slab tho!!!

The wrost part about all this crap is that i have to go through 3 or 4 pages of back and forth abuse to find some posts about footy. heres an idea send each other private messages to have cracks at each other and lets talk footy! Where will the game be won? match ups, injuries etc lets talk about the footy guys

This should be a cracker of a game as both sides are clearly the most in form and both have a bit to prove to themselves and their supporters.

Timboon- last it last year due to purely undisciplined antics in the second half. They also had an injured Thompson which didn't help.
Regardless of what people might think about the winner of the league b&f, Clements and Thompson are by far the 2 best players in the league. The key to them winning is these 2 blokes performing, I have no doubt they will only be stopped by some very good tagging efforts.
If Timboon's mind tells them they can, they will do it, but there is some psychological stuff hanging over their heads.

For what its worth, I feel if they hit the ball hard and put HUGE amojnts of pressure on the Power, they will see the Power fold; HOWEVER, it woiuld need to be sustained pressure well into the 3rd quarter.

Kolora-Noorat- A sensational side who are a pleasure to watch once they are up and running. They rely heavily on their runners and the forwards taking marks. If they can get a jump on Timboon and some of their younger players get early touches, tehy will be very hard to beat.

The maloneys, whitehead and the other on-balller (name escapes me but he is very good), are they key to them creating the momentum.

A concern for them is their coaching which can be a little one dimensional and their inability to adapt quickly if they are losing. As they have had it their own way much of the year, it is will be interesting to see. I also think Beard can sometimes suffer from not respecting the opposition enough.

That said, Beard has put together a great team who expect nothing more than to win, they move the ball beautifully and back each other alot. They forward run and trust that players will get the ball, so if they are leading by 30 points, expect it to blow out cause they are hard to stop.

A close GF and I predict a draw!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hows the long term weather forecast for Saturday. Who do you think will be at an advantage/disadvantage if it pisses down all day?
I was not at the game last week, but it sounds like Timboon spanked Panmure in the wet. Is that correct?

Timboon have all the pressure on them to try to redeem themselves from last year and the power have nothing to lose..simple!!

Well what say you and i have a wager Mick? Power win ill leave a half dozen of your choice at a bottle shop in Warnambool for you to pick up? Timboon win and you do the same...?[/quote]
sorry but never betted on footy and i dont think ill start now.........i really dont care who wins but cant believe how much people bite when i say what i think.....and thats all im doing

Well what say you and i have a wager Mick? Power win ill leave a half dozen of your choice at a bottle shop in Warnambool for you to pick up? Timboon win and you do the same...?
sorry but never betted on footy and i dont think ill start now.........i really dont care who wins but cant believe how much people bite when i say what i think.....and thats all im doing[/quote]

My willingness to have a wager was simply a way of seeing if you would back up anything you have said but it seems thats not the case. I dont feel the need to bite at what you say because as you put it it is your opinion regardless of how anyone else see's it. I guess what most people on here will see though is your reluctance to stand by anything you have said previously about timboons chances of winning. In the end i guess you have just been full of s%*t but hey thats your choice too. Best of luck to both teams and will be nice to see a country club take home the cup.

AH the arguments continue!! but if you dont mind ill talk about football here....i think it is fair to say bang bang can be the difference if the power do not win the mid field contest. i would like to say tho that jason boydle should have been in the team of the yr, and he will play on beinke is my prediction. If you look at powers back line they have no standout players and from the final i seen kolora play and during the yr when my side played kolora he always got the toughest assignment week in week out and was not beatin... to stop some of the players he has is remarkable for his build! And to say that Clements and thompson are the 2 best players in the league is a massive call...Nothin against clements but of he was in an ordinary team no1 would no him from his football ability it would just be his yapping ability.

AH the arguments continue!! but if you dont mind ill talk about football here....i think it is fair to say bang bang can be the difference if the power do not win the mid field contest. i would like to say tho that jason boydle should have been in the team of the yr, and he will play on beinke is my prediction. If you look at powers back line they have no standout players and from the final i seen kolora play and during the yr when my side played kolora he always got the toughest assignment week in week out and was not beatin... to stop some of the players he has is remarkable for his build! And to say that Clements and thompson are the 2 best players in the league is a massive call...Nothin against clements but of he was in an ordinary team no1 would no him from his football ability it would just be his yapping ability.

Mick Clements is a great yapper but he does it to get in peoples heads and it works, the thing is though he can back it all up, he puts in so much effort both on and off the field towards his football and is a very smart and talented player to say that he is not is a cop out from people that have probably only seen him play two seasons of footy which is how long he has been in WDFNL. Mick has had success with his footy pretty much everywhere he has played including a premiership with Altona in a year where he was runner up best and fairest in that side, he deserves respect and shouldnt be judged on the fact that he pisses off his opponent.

clements is a good player but he thinks that he gets into blokes heads... he never says anyhting about footy it is just stupid talk that is a usually a waste of energy...

the axe!!!!!!!!!!!!

clements is a good player but he thinks that he gets into blokes heads... he never says anyhting about footy it is just stupid talk that is a usually a waste of energy...

the axe!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you follow him around every game? How would you possibly know everything he says. There a loads of players, in every league, that talk a bit of trash. Always has been, always will be. If people like yourselves are annoyed by it, the it has worked, he is in your head. And if you know the Clements boys as well as I do, you know they talk non stop anywhere, lol. ;)

You really think power can win the midfield battle?[/quote]

Well y carn't they?? I just believe if they don't win the midfield battle it will be hard to stop timboon's powerful forward line....U look at Kolora's on ball division of bourke madden gleeson the 2 moloney johnson craven whithead and i believe they have a kenna to....So why carn't they win the midfield battle??? If there ruckman can jump into wagstaf all day there is no reason he cannot win his share of midfield hit outs!!!

You really think power can win the midfield battle?

Well y carn't they?? I just believe if they don't win the midfield battle it will be hard to stop timboon's powerful forward line....U look at Kolora's on ball division of bourke madden gleeson the 2 moloney johnson craven whithead and i believe they have a kenna to....So why carn't they win the midfield battle??? If there ruckman can jump into wagstaf all day there is no reason he cannot win his share of midfield hit outs!!![/quote]

Was not arguing against you was simply asking why they could and you answered it well. i think they have a very good onball unit but i think timboons are just as good. it will come down to not only who wins the hit outs but also the pressure applied by the midfielders when the other side has possession, defensive capabilties may be the deciding factor

Well y carn't they?? I just believe if they don't win the midfield battle it will be hard to stop timboon's powerful forward line....U look at Kolora's on ball division of bourke madden gleeson the 2 moloney johnson craven whithead and i believe they have a kenna to....So why carn't they win the midfield battle??? If there ruckman can jump into wagstaf all day there is no reason he cannot win his share of midfield hit outs!!!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Well boys at the end of the day i think all battles aside whoever scores the most should nearly win. You guys speak a fair bit of nonsense and one more thing ...... You left out roo stewart for power. He's the key Speed Agility Smarts Toughness and most importantly Looks good too. Go Roo i love you !!! ROO POO ROO POO ROO POO ROO POO ROO POO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back