WAFL performances part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Walters has a beautiful left foot.
There was a feature story on the Jetta Brothers at half time in the WAFL on ABC and whilst it's hard to take too much from a short TV piece they both come over as pretty level headed. It took a fair bit of work for Swans to get them up from the country as they are pretty shy and didn't want to leave their family circle. Sounds as if Lewis, at least has been sounded out by clubs as he was talking about being prepared to move East if he's not picked up by us or the Eagles.
Good work by Swans too, providing them with mentors, a place to live and finding them jobs. Similar to the program Claremont have for the Indigenous kids from the Kimberly.

Perth vs East Perth

Z.Clarke: 6k 6h 12d 5m 8t 24ho 1i50 1G 1B
H.Shepheard: 6k 6d 4m 2t 4ho 1G

Subiaco vs Swan Districts

L.Pratt: 9k 4h 13d 5m 3t
M.Walters: 12k 2h 6m 2t 2i50 1B

East Fremantle vs Claremont

n/a

South Fremantle vs West Perth

D.Gilmore: 17k 9h 26d 8m 6t 7i50 1B
S.Thornton: 3k 7h 10d 1m 1B

A.Campbell: 7k 1h 8d 4m 3t 4i50 1G

Zac Clarke 8 tackles - looks like a decent effort on paper, but then Gilmore's stats always seem impressive on paper too. Did anybody actually at the game notice Zac working that hard defensively?

If he did lay 8 hard tackles, that's a great sign for such a young ruckman IMHO. Him and Shep both look like they had promising games...

If we can get Cuckoo Benny Bucoo on the park as well in next year's WAFL seniors, maybe our young KPP prospects aren't quite that dismal...

Zac Clarke 8 tackles - looks like a decent effort on paper, but then Gilmore's stats always seem impressive on paper too. Did anybody actually at the game notice Zac working that hard defensively?

If he did lay 8 hard tackles, that's a great sign for such a young ruckman IMHO. Him and Shep both look like they had promising games...

If we can get Cuckoo Benny Bucoo on the park as well in next year's WAFL seniors, maybe our young KPP prospects aren't quite that dismal...

Plus Sibo as an exciting roughie. Given the acumen of our drafting team based on the way the rest of our rookies have gone this year, he could end up be a star of the comp in three years.

I was at Lathlain and Zac's game was not just good on paper. The tackles were hard earned and he ran hard all day. Also noticed a bit of "mongrel" in Shepheards game. He is a few years off AFL level but has height, skill and a good attitude. Will be worth the wait.

WAFL Round 21

Tonight:

South Fremantle vs East Fremantle

Roger Hayden (SF) - Forward Pocket
Daniel Gilmore (SF) - Wing
Josh Head (SF) - Half Back Flank
Scott Thornton (SF) - Interchange

Tomorrow:

Swan Districts vs Perth

Luke Pratt (SD) - Half Back Flank
Michael Walters (SD) - Forward Pocket

Peel Thunder vs Claremont

n/a

East Perth vs West Perth

Hamish Shepheard (EP) - Interchange
Zac Clarke (EP) - Ruck
Adam Campbell (WP) - Full Forward

SF 8-19 = 67 def EF 7.9 = 51

Roger Hayden (SF)
18 disp - 13 K - 5 HB - 3 M - 5T - 3 I50 - 1 Goal 3 Behinds

Daniel Gilmore (SF)
37 disp :eek:- 26 K - 11 HB - 7 M - 4T - 1 I50

Josh Head (SF)
12 disp - 9 K - 3 HB - 6 M - 5T

Scott Thornton (SF)
14 disp - 8 K - 6 HB - 6 M - 2T - 1 I50 - 1 Behind

Gees Gilmore can find the thing that is for sure.

Looks like a nice hit out for Roger too.

I don't know it's fair to say Gilmore can't find it at AFL level. More that he's had a bad year and taken time to get up to speed after his injury.
What this year has made apparent with the rise of our youngsters is that it's more important to make smart decisions with it when you get it and have the skills to execute.
We look pretty good when we aren't turning it over all the time.
Sadly I don't think Gilmore will ever be a smart enough player for the top level.

SF 8-19 = 67 def EF 7.9 = 51

Roger Hayden (SF)
18 disp - 13 K - 5 HB - 3 M - 5T - 3 I50 - 1 Goal 3 Behinds

Daniel Gilmore (SF)
37 disp :eek:- 26 K - 11 HB - 7 M - 4T - 1 I50

Josh Head (SF)
12 disp - 9 K - 3 HB - 6 M - 5T

Scott Thornton (SF)
14 disp - 8 K - 6 HB - 6 M - 2T - 1 I50 - 1 Behind

Gees Gilmore can find the thing that is for sure.

Looks like a nice hit out for Roger too.

How can you have 37 possessions (Majority kicks) and only 1 inside 50?

Was a scrappy game last night, lots of turnovers.

Gilmore played from a wing, ran loose most of tha match, got a lot of it across half back. Missed alot of targets again, the ball just kept coming back to him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching WP v EP at the moment.

Zac has been involved a lot and done some good things but hasn't done anything great. Solid

Only saw Hamish once but he met the ball strongly and dished off well. He is a lot taller than i thought but is rake thin (much skinnier than Clarke).

Haven't seen much of Campbell except once when he was going for the ball and he over ran it to try and take out an opposition player. Was a *ed thing to do

Sad to see Darling doing so well when he is more than likely going to Gold Coast.

Stats from the start of the second quarter in Swans v Perth.

Walters 2 goals from 6 touches and Pratt 5 touches and 5 tackles

Not many people around so I'll just talk to myself.

Quite a good game going on here.

Sheppard has stepped up and is looking good. His stats aren't going to be great but he's palying forward and for a tall bloke his pick ups below the knees are pretty good.

Clarke has been good and bad in patches, he's done some really good things and some average things (i.e. dropped marks) but he is up against Seaby who despite not getting a run with the Eagles is still a decent ruck man.

Campbell.... well if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.

Darling looks like he'll be a dominant player in a few years time :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back