WA Country Football

Remove this Banner Ad

bbay - Please see my PM

The State Library has bound volumes from the mid 1950s to the early 1980s. I went in today and found there was one Budget on file from 1955. It was an unusual edition - it was 44 pages and covered five competitions and four of them had team lists (Augusta-Margaret River FA, Bunbury-Collie FL, Murray FA - with no team lists, Nelson FA and the Warren FA). Some interesting former clubs (or former names) were included, such as Alexander Bridge, (Collie) Centrals, (Collie) Mines Rovers, Collie Railways, Greenbushes, Jardee, Karridale, Mornington, Pastimes, Rosa Brook and Yarloop

There was nothing from 1956 and 1957, but from 1958 onwards there is a good run of Budgets, which by then was for the SWNFL only (16 page editions).

I see that people will be able to gain update scores from the Mortlock Football League for footy, hockey and netball via Twitter on match days starting on April 5 - a stand alone match between Dalwallinu and Toodyay is being played on this day.

The Twitter handle is @MortlockFooty.

More info is available via the Frontier Sports Media website at www.frontiersportsmedia.com.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sincere apologies for anyone who waited for our live stream coverage from Dalwallinu today.

We experienced some internet issues, which did not occur during our testing and were forced to resort to podcasting today. We had no way of relaying this information as we had no internet connection all day.

We are uploading the quarter by quarter podcasts as quickly as possible tonight onto the Frontier Sports Media Facebook, so that you can hear today's call.

We expect to have no problems with bringing you a live broadcast of next Sunday's broadcast from Wongan Hills for the match between Wongan/Ballidu and Calingiri.

This week's 'Mortlock Matchday' broadcasts is:

Wongan/Ballidu v Calingiri
Sunday April 13
Live stream coverage available from 2.15pm WST at www.frontiersportsmedia.com

Will Antoni Grover (ex-Freo and Subiaco) make his debut for the Cougars this weekend?

We will have score updates from other MFL matches and also the AFL.

Our Mortlock Footy app has been submitted and hopefully will be available soon.

MortlockWatcher

Good to see Antoni Grover playing in the MFL this year. Is there any other big name players heading that way in 2014? I wonder if the alignment with the AFL clubs has seen a drop in interest for a lot of players in the WAFL. I know Grover would be getting on a bit but in the SWFL we have Hams, Robinson, Thornton boys all playing.

What are people's thoughts on Collie Eagles?

Last year's runner-up in the SWFL suffered a heavy defeat in their season opener and they have no Colts.

Collie have lost a heap of players to the UGSFL and im not hearing good reports from other former players. Having no colts side in a one team town is far from ideal and you would have to question the motive behind the leagues decision to change the age barrier between colts and 17's/16's or what ever it is. Saying that, they played a very good side in Eaton so tough first up start. Still can be a very tough team to beat up the hill and will battle out most games. Bunbury is the team to watch. Aiden Parker, Mark Re and Jordy Homes (all former Subi players) kicked 17 of the teams 21 goals on Sunday. Going to be a tight season in the league I reckon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back