BotsMaster

2022 Sep Premiers
Jan 26, 2009
Cheat Park
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Everton, Cardinals
Discuss all things video games here like what you're currently playing or what games you're looking forward.

I'm currently playing PES 2015 on PS4 (which isn't anything exciting) and I'm contemplating on buying a Super Famicom (like cats2rise did) for that Mario Kart/Super Mario Bros/DuckTales nostalgia.

sfc3.jpg

May I be your first visitor Bots? Look, we both have lovely new names :)

I know nothing about video games. Does Dungeon Hunter count though?

But seriously, I'd like to learn how to play them, do you have any suggestions for a beginner?

I do indeed have a Super Nintendo/Famicom which was the single greatest choice I have ever made. I have Super Mario Kart, Super Mario All Stars, Super International Cricket, Street Fighter 2, Donkey Kong 1 +2. Eaily the greatest last few months of my life. The nostalgia, the "ooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh" look on peoples faces when they come over and spot it out of the corner of their eyes....

Also, Ducktales was epic. I forgot about that.

On the laptop, I play Football Manager... well not that much at all these days, but it used to consume my life. Ahhh university life. How sweet it was.

I also downloaded Sim City 2000 for my laptop a few weeks ago, which is awesome. Late last year I found Pokemon Red and my old original gameboy, but have since lost it. I will find it again one day. Only played it for a few hours.

Yeah, I am old school. What of it?

Dungeon Hunter does count Hell Kitty. What platform do you play it on?

Hmm probably Grand Theft Auto 5 on either PS4 or Xbox One as that game is just lots of fun where you can do whatever you want in an open sprawl city. Would normally recommend a Nintendo console but the latest is crap. :thumbsdown:

I do indeed have a Super Nintendo/Famicom which was the single greatest choice I have ever made. I have Super Mario Kart, Super Mario All Stars, Super International Cricket, Street Fighter 2, Donkey Kong 1 +2. Eaily the greatest last few months of my life. The nostalgia, the "ooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh" look on peoples faces when they come over and spot it out of the corner of their eyes....

pitfall, enduro or river raid on the atari are where it is at!!!:D

Also, Ducktales was epic. I forgot about that.

On the laptop, I play Football Manager... well not that much at all these days, but it used to consume my life. Ahhh university life. How sweet it was.

I also downloaded Sim City 2000 for my laptop a few weeks ago, which is awesome. Late last year I found Pokemon Red and my old original gameboy, but have since lost it. I will find it again one day. Only played it for a few hours.

Yeah, I am old school. What of it?
Donkey Kong Country was my favourite SNES game that I never owned and always borrowed from Blockbuster (remember them?). Another great game you haven't mentioned is Mario Paint with it's awesome composer feature:

Dungeon Hunter does count Hell Kitty. What platform do you play it on?

Hmm probably Grand Theft Auto 5 on either PS4 or Xbox One as that game is just lots of fun where you can do whatever you want in an open sprawl city. Would normally recommend a Nintendo console but the latest is crap. :thumbsdown:

Platform = where to wait for a train :confused:

Shame about Nintendo, cause I'd really like a Wii - or are they just so last decade now?

I used to have a little Nintendo + played Dr Mario, which I just adored + another Mario game in Egypt, which was heaps of fun.

OK, hang on! By platform you mean device? Like PS4 or Xbox etc? This is embarrassing, I play Dungeon Hunter 3 on my iPad lol

One of my favourite iPad games is The Room -

12153-b.png

gallery_the-room-astro-puzzle.jpg

It's just the most beautifully designed game, the quality of the images, the beauty of the way each you have to crack open each safe + how gorgeous they are, I'm very visual, love antiques, art etc, so this is wonderful! Each puzzle is more intricate. I love it!

Mirrors Edge, Hell Kitty! Great game.
Hi there cats2rise, I just adore you already, from your avatar! :hearts: Rookie!

Mirror's Edge looks fantastic, but I think it's a bit advanced for me lol

Now think Dr. Eleanor Abernathy MD JD, better known as the Crazy Cat Lady from the Simpsons ;) I'm equal to a toddler in terms of video games. Although, back in the day, when Pacman first came out, I spent hours playing it! But the best video game ever was the Nintendo Tennis lol

magnavox-odyssey-advertising.jpg

0401.png

Hey Bots, I can be this threads historian lol :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Donkey Kong Country was my favourite SNES game that I never owned and always borrowed from Blockbuster (remember them?). Another great game you haven't mentioned is Mario Paint with it's awesome composer feature:

I love Mario lol Wish they had Mario for iPad lol o_O Used to play Super Mario when he first came out, but my friend would always snatch the thing-a-me-bob from my hands :(

Hi there cats2rise, I just adore you already, from your avatar! :hearts: Rookie!

Mirror's Edge looks fantastic, but I think it's a bit advanced for me lol

Now think Dr. Eleanor Abernathy MD JD, better known as the Crazy Cat Lady from the Simpsons ;) I'm equal to a toddler in terms of video games. Although, back in the day, when Pacman first came out, I spent hours playing it! But the best video game ever was the Nintendo Tennis lol

magnavox-odyssey-advertising.jpg

0401.png

Hey Bots, I can be this threads historian lol :p

We called it Pong back in the day, Kitty.

You can still play it here...

http://www.ponggame.org/

Remove this Banner Ad

Back