State Victoria - The Mighty Bushrangers

Remove this Banner Ad

2 night watchmen, Kellaway really didn’t want to bat!!!

I doubt it was his decision.

Did you watch yet another moral victory for the Pomgolians? Word is Bunter Bairstow, the veritable (large) embodiment of the spirit of cricket, is for the high jump? Any truth?

Feels like every time we get going they manage to snag one. Kell looking composed. Merlo looked good but just got caught on the crease.

The problem with two nightwatchmen is that if we were 4/110 now it's all but over.

Notes from live:

Maddo unlucky a tad, literally picked him out first ball of the day.
Crone looked solid but got one that climbed off a length and caught the shoulder of the bat.
Handscomb was aggressive but got caught on the crease.
Merlo hit some cracking shots but like Pete got caught on the crease. Hope he gets NSW and Tassie to prove himself though.
Harper was electric and really took the game away from them.

Kellaway is looking really good. His composure was paramount today, was never flustered and it was a chanceless innings. Difference in the match was Maddo though, we lose without his first innings.

My team for Thursday:

Maddinson
Rogers
Harris
Handscomb
Harper
Merlo
Elliott
O'Neill
Crone
Murphy
Siddle

No point risking Boland for this.

Had a quick chat to Adam White in the café. He said Maddo prefers opening to 4-6 because down the order he feels the need to be more aggressive and opening allows him to take his time a bit more.

Keep him and Harris at the top for me.

Second. A little over 4 points ahead of WA. Hopefully both us and Tassie can get the job done next week to make it really hard for us to miss

Had a quick chat to Adam White in the café. He said Maddo prefers opening to 4-6 because down the order he feels the need to be more aggressive and opening allows him to take his time a bit more.

Keep him and Harris at the top for me.
Harris and Handscomb,s form with the bat is a worry at the moment though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ideal team would be this for the next shield game.

Maddo
Harris
Pucovski
Handscomb
Kellaway
Sutherland
Harper
Perry
O'Neill
Murphy
Boland or Siddle

Obviously who knows with Pucovski, but I'd say he is unlikely.
If Boland us not allowed to play before NZ tour, then Siddle replaces him.

It's in our hands, but gonna be tough as we play all of WA Tas and NSW. Of those 3 teams, only Tas and WA play each other in last 3 games. Might need a favour from Qld or SA somewhere.

Harris and Handscomb,s form with the bat is a worry at the moment though.
They're out two best bats. Especially under pressure. Our best side (Puck 3/Kellaway 5) versus the side I think we'll get is:

Harris
Maddinson
Pucovski/Kellaway
Handscomb
Kellaway/Merlo
Harper (+)
Sutherland (c)
Perry?
O'Neill
Murphy
Boland/Siddle

426106685_896164882515613_8216054109707218888_n.jpg

be good to give SA another hiding

426106685_896164882515613_8216054109707218888_n.jpg

be good to give SA another hiding
Wouldn't call the Shield a hiding tbh.

Rogers
Maddinson
Harris
Handscomb
Harper (+)
Merlo
Sutherland
Elliott
O'Neill
Murphy
Siddle

If Sutherland is back then they’ll presumably have JFM…
Yep. But I'm not overly concerned. We should still win. They haven't fired a shot this year in it.

Keep Maddo opening. He's performed his best there.

I still hope Merlo gets an actual chance over 3 or 4 straight games to make the position his own. If he fails so be it but no more of this play him one game and then drop him s**t. I'd take Thomson or Brasher ahead of Chandrasinghe at the moment as well.
why do you rate Merlo? is it the idea or the actual result because im starting to agree with eddiesmith that Merlo isn't quite up to FC level. Take nothing away from him, good to very good district cricketer but probably not good enough to be a state cricketer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back