Norm Smith Medallist
Richmond Tigers - 2013 Player Sponsor Minecraft
Mar 2, 2009
East of Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dallas Desire
Neither guy was sighted by the MRP, both available to play this week vs GCS. Push Up will be sighing a sigh of relief.

ps: neither have been cited either

pps: or charged

Contact between Richmond's Jake King and Essendon's Angus Monfries from the fourth quarter of Saturday's match was assessed. The impact was below the force required to constitute a reportable offence, as a medical report from the Essendon Football Club said player Monfries was not treated for any injury for the contact. No further action was taken.

Credit to Essendon for that at least..

Monfries should be given the number 18 jumper, and wear it with pride for the rest of his days.

Apparently the mrp report said there was no treatment required by the Bombers for the incident, thus insufficient force was assumed. Fair enough too, about time we had a bit of fortune go our way in that regard.

Credit to Essendon for that at least..

What ya mean? Credit to them for not making up treatment for an injury? :confused:

There was no injury, was just a love tap to the chin, he had no reason to be treated. Would be different if he had to be treated, and they didn't report it, but that wouldn't happen these days, the doctor's are obliged to report everything.

Gee I tell you what !

Some of the jumper punches thrown by vickery really did connect & he man handled Ryder like a rag doll.

Really starting to love the Mongrel that TY is starting to show these days
Loved it. :thumbsu:

I'm particularly happy big Vicks has no case to answer. Hoping we'll give him another run in the ruck - we'll see how he goes against Zac Smith, should be interesting.

Monfries is a tool. His reaction to the Jordan Lewis headbutt was a bloody joke. Glad Push-up got off.

Not trying to be a grammer nazi but:

Sighted - having the ability to see

Cited - summoned before a court of law

I would think charged would be a more accurate term.

Miracle!!!!! I swear the MRP has been threatened by someone at our club since the Rance cluster ****.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I tell you this, in years gone by I would have been livid losing to Essendon the way we did, but when I see steady improvement in the likes of Vickery, Rance, Griffiths it warms my heart and numbs the pain of losing

Yeah i thought he was gone too.

I know we lost the game and didnt play all that well but i took away a few good signs from it and the boys backing each other up in the fight was great to see. I just wish we could focus that on the footy next week,

The AFL has ripped us off so many times this year (heck, Ash McGrath even admitted he had jumper punched King when giving evidence 3 weeks ago) that they probably felt sorry for us. Luke McGuane has been kicked in the nads, Reece Conca got hit in the head on qtr time in the Rnd 9 Ess game, cleaned up by Sylvia in the Melbourne game, Dawes from Collingwood should've got more than one week for hitting him in Rnd 4 and from memory Leigh Brown got off for cleaning him up that day too. Redden from the Lions dropped Edwards on the wing in Lions game at the GABBA and nothing happened.
We were overdue for some luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not trying to be a grammer nazi but:

Sighted - having the ability to see

Cited - summoned before a court of law

I would think charged would be a more accurate term.

Sorry..... grammar.:rolleyes:

Give him 3 years and will become a terror on the field.

He is really starting to baulk up and look like a unit,next year we will see him with another 5kgs of muscle and he will be exactly how we want him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back