VFL Listed Players

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't mind seeing scotty thompson being given a shot on the rookie list. Tall Athletic and pretty damaging.

Him or Cheep for me.

All this talk about Thompson seems to have come on the back of one good game against Coburg on Sunday. Admittedly he played well, but has he done anything else? Surely people can't be suggesting he is AFL material on the back of one good game in the VFL??

All this talk about Thompson seems to have come on the back of one good game against Coburg on Sunday. Admittedly he played well, but has he done anything else? Surely people can't be suggesting he is AFL material on the back of one good game in the VFL??

He's 21 yrs old,stands 192cms has played in 2 GFL premierships and does not look out of place at VFL level.
Certainly worth a look at as far as rookie list goes. Remember M.Egan.

Only watched the first half but he did pretty well against the Roosters.

That's because he's translated his solid home and away season form into finals form, which speaks volumes about a player.

You're right in some respects, there hasn't been a great deal of talk about him until now. But ever since he strung together a few really good games last year, he has really been set to take off this season.

He's managed consistent matches in the side, which, considering the amount of injuries the AFL has had, is a remarkable achievement in itself. It proves how reliable and talented he is.

I remember Leigh Tudor said in a story on Thompson a few weeks back that the AFL boys love having him around. That, in itself, is very important. And now, the Geelong website today, Tudor says he’s a chance of being rookied somewhere.

Does anyone else agree with me in thinking that Jack Hollmer was a bit stiff in being dropped from the side that played in the Grand Final?

Yep, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

True.

The same thing happened to Cheep last year.

Of Cheep, Thompson, Hollmer and Urie which of those four does everyone believe will be rookie listed by the Cats?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back