VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

I just realised it wasn't on kayo even though it was supposed to be an 8 period match and not two separate games.
Yeah, other sides got their fully scheduled quarters on kayo but they couldn't be bothered for us.

I would have thought the Blues army would be demanding enough we got decent coverage.

Shame as I really wanted some vision on Wiltshire and Humphries

They cut it short by a couple quarters due to the heat apparently.
Still don't believe it happened.
Incorrect the VFL twitter shows all four quarters. I believe the last quarter was just shortened.

It was 4 extra quarters and it definitely happened.

We got screwed out of the coverage.
Other teams got 3.5 hrs of game footage. We got 1hr 38 mins for 4 quarters only

Go Catters

Also adding the closest I can get to a run down here thanks to my new favourite Carlton poster

As far as I know there's no replay - but I stuck around for the VFL game. It was stinking hot, and they called it off about 8 minutes into the final quarter before someone spontaneously combusted.

I was obviously taking more notice of our own youngsters, but there were a few of yours that caught my eye. Jeka played deep in defence and looked pretty steady back there. Willis also seemed to get a fair bit of it in the guts. But the one who did impress was Humphries, who played across half back - plenty of dash and drive on the rebound. Think you may have found one there.

And George is a massive unit - has the turning arc of the Queen Mary, but impossible to displace when his arse is over the ball. Looked fairly composed though, especially in the stoppages and centre bounces.

I want to see some more of humphries for sure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is an emergency for the AFL game, so must just be the game day emergency but hilarious that he can't get a game at all for a practice match.
I am kind of sad about it. He was tracking ok as a solid kind of mid-tier 3rd midfielder for a long time and he just kind of fell off the bus

Also adding the closest I can get to a run down here thanks to my new favourite Carlton poster

I want to see some more of humphries for sure
Ticket 1 on the Lawson Hype train right here, all welcome, bring snacks

looks like there is a practice match against Essendon tomorrow at 2pm. No stream coverage, no public access.
THat's disappointing, i absolutely have a day at work where i could sneak down and watch without issue today

If it was just the VFL practice match today I’d probably cruise in for a look since it’s not telecasted.

I’d assume I’m not getting in without tickets to the AFL game though and I’m happy enough watching that on TV tonight.

Edit* Just noticed there was no public access… GFC really are keeping some kind of a secret with this VFL team I reckon… They ain’t keen on us seeing them one bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back