Training Vale Salim Malik

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching Peel Thunder games at Rushton Park just won’t be the same.

Both of us and a few others on here loved meeting him at training or subi oval or at peel games.

I was there when he pointed Naughton out to us. I loved how he went hard on here about Naughton.

I still remember him giving me a big hug after both my first and second child was born. He was such a gentle person which didn't match his overly grumpy and often abrupt posts.

I'm not ready to go watch Peel play it will feel empty without Richard.

Sad to hear this. Yeah he was gruff on here but liked his input, loved his training reports, gelled over our disappointment at Cerra over Naughton, gave him a bit of ribbing for being a vegetarian. Never met him but for 10 years felt like I got to know at least the Freo-loving part of him. So sorry he won't be here to sit in the stands on the day (some day) when Freo wins the cup.

Gutted to hear this. And this person wasn't your ordinary poster. Stood the test of time on here. A good 10-15 year stretch of posting a lot of dockers realted posts.

Only person I can think of that has been here much longer is sabre_ac .

A shame that person didn't see a dockers flag in his life. Hoping Salim Malik gets to see the ultimate dockers success from the sky.

RIP mate.... Your love 💕 towards our club won't be forgotten.

Shit aye , we didn’t get along to well on here but you could never doubt his conviction

I don’t think he ever fully recovered from missing Naughton

Had a beer with him once at Subiaco with him and Harry Reems and discussed the future of Apeness. Was a complete gentleman an I loved the interactions and banter he had on here. Rest In Peace Salim … you’ll have the best view in the house when Freo take home the chocolates finally. Tragic loss😢

Gutted to read this, Loved Salims posts, I allways found myself agreeing with him so i must be Gruff too. Salim was the man as far as i was concerned.He had a Love for Morabito like myself and now it's such a great shame Salim won't get the rewards we all deserve,You will be missed buddy and will be thinking of you if we ever win the ultimate prize. RIP

Here’s hoping some of his departing spirit is instilled in our forwards
RIP old fella .

I feel a bit bad about ribbing him over Naughtons goal accuracy .

Gutted to hear this. And this person wasn't your ordinary poster. Stood the test of time on here. A good 10-15 year stretch of posting a lot of dockers realted posts.

Only person I can think of that has been here much longer is sabre_ac .

A shame that person didn't see a dockers flag in his life. Hoping Salim Malik gets to see the ultimate dockers success from the sky.

RIP mate.... Your love 💕 towards our club won't be forgotten.

I was saddened to read of his passing today, I'm probably in the camp of posters he didn't always agree with but what would this board be without a variety of opinions?

It's also quite heartwarming to see how much this board has evolved into a community and how much Salim Malik contributed to that on the board and in real life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sad to hear, he's been one of the stalwarts on here for nearly 15 years.

I don't think I ever actually met him, but he once gave E Shed and I some tickets to a scratchie in Mandurah that we picked up from his place. Am I remembering that right E? That must have been 10 years ago now.
I've only just seen this.
Yes we popped by his place and got some tickets.
I spoke to him a fair bit at training. He was au fait with the music scene back when I was a player and knew all the bands I was in the general scene from that time so we always had that in common.
Lovely man and as passionate about Freo as it gets.
Vale.

I'm really sorry to send such sad news but an old friend of mine and some others on here.

Salim has passed away.

I found out through a mutual friend.

It's only been recently. I won't go into specifics on here.

For all those who met him would understand that even though he was a little gruff on here he had a good heart and a lovely partner.

He took me under his wing for a while when i needed to tone my life down andget myself back on track.

The Freo Oval Salim Malik Stand will be where many a nice conversation started.

Vale dear friend
RIP Richard a true gentleman with a purple heart.

Never met Salim in person but knew he was one of the Freo Firm sitting in the Fig Tree Pocket those times I did go down 10+ years back… I‘d have my two young kids with me so I didn’t feel I was going please either Party by stopping and chatting.

His reports were of great value when I was craving anything Freo and for those few sessions I did go to, a benchmark to compare my thoughts and how it appeared through a different set of eyes.

Vale Salim Malik

Was a core poster… would be one of the first thought of when I thought of Freo bigfooty. Seemed to love his footy, his politics and his family, and seemed a really good sort. Sad for the board, but clearly will be missed by family and friends. Real life cutting into bf just sucks ☹️

Ah crap that's awful news. One of my great regrets about living away from Perth is not getting to things like training or home games, but it's people like Salim that bring it to life for me. And although I never met him (or most of you), his passion for the club is obvious. Condolences to all who knew him, please look after yourselves.

That's really sad. To echo the sentiment of most non-WA based fans I always loved Salim's training reports and match summaries and general notes of Peel Thunder games. Through his passion it made me, and I'm sure quite a few others, feel connected to the club and the supporter base as whole.

One of my favourites and one of the most passionate Freo fans to exist, even when they baffled and frustrated him (see Naughton or continuing lack of KPF drafted). My sincerest condolences to those who knew him. A purple heart through and through.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back