Vale LIDGE

Remove this Banner Ad

No easy way to say this...

Our dear friend and Moderator Shane "Lidge" Lidgerwood passed away unexpectedly early today.

As you all know, Lidge was the most passionate Shinboner to the end, and a fearless and tireless soldier in the battle to keep the club in Melbourne last year. There was no-one I felt more honoured to stand alongside, whether that was fighting the good fight in the Roosistence movement, or screaming from the stands at Feral Park in Adelaide during a Prelim Final.

Words escape me... I am going to miss you big fella. And when you get to where you're going, don't rest in peace... party on dude!

Thanks for making the announcement Pharro - has been hard to know how to handle this news.
What can you say at such a time?
Lidge was a proud and passionate NMFC member and a good all round bloke.
I am pleased I got to know him a long the way, espcially during the WANM and Roosistence efforts to save our club, and will miss him.
Deepest condolences to Abi and all of his family.
RIP mate.

Forgive my skepticism Pharro, but u cant help but wonder if ur telling the truth when there's "Bigfooty Jackass" printed next to ur name. Did Lidge really pass away? :confused:

Forgive my skepticism Pharro, but u cant help but wonder if ur telling the truth when there's "Bigfooty Jackass" printed next to ur name. Did Lidge really pass away? :confused:

Sadly it is too true. Wish it was a tasteless joke but it isn't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best poster on the Roos board by a stretch.

Condolences to all the roos blokes who were close to him.

I call a Bay 13 ceasefire out of respect.

God. I can't believe it.
Only met him once - at the Roo-sistence concert - where he stood proud about what he had a achieved and made everyone even slightly connected to North feel totally welcome.

His radio ads, his guide to fighting North relocation myths, his many calls to radio stations - his contribution to saving our club will ensure his name lives forever with the North Melbourne Football Club.

This is ____ing terrible.

Rest in Peace Gatto.

One of the handful of people I've actually met from here.

Condolences to his family, especially his great kids.

Gonna miss ya Big Fella!

Lidge has a link for us South supporters on our board, to come and chat on the North board ith you guys, seemed like a very passionate, genuine good bloke, my condolences!

A true Shinboner and will be sadly missed.
Was fortunate, actually privileged, enough to meet Lidge over here last year and discuss all things North - a great man taken too soon.
This is terribly sad news and my condolences to all his family and many friends.
He will also be sadly missed on here, but his contribution to the club, and this forum, won't be forgotten.

Geez, so suddenly.

RIP Lidge, condolences to the family.

That's about all I can muster up at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back