Local VAFA weekender Lightning Cup for new teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

The VAFA have announced a lightning cup to be played over a Saturday and Sunday (April 1-2) which reportedly is intended for the new teams (not existing teams that are moving over).

The article states that 24 newly formed teams are on the invite list.

http://www.vafa.com.au/latest-news/lightning-premiership-kick-off-womens-football-vafa/

At this rate, if all these teams hit the ground running, there may be 3 grades of womens footy in the VAFA ...

I've been watching VAFA teams websites/pages and there sure are a lot of clubs attempting to get a womens side onto the park. There's about half a dozen already existing teams attached to VAFA clubs as well (I remember Fitzroy, SKOBs, AJAX, Brunswick offhand).

The VAFA have announced a lightning cup to be played over a Saturday and Sunday (April 1-2) which reportedly is intended for the new teams (not existing teams that are moving over).

The article states that 24 newly formed teams are on the invite list.

http://www.vafa.com.au/latest-news/lightning-premiership-kick-off-womens-football-vafa/

At this rate, if all these teams hit the ground running, there may be 3 grades of womens footy in the VAFA ...

I've been watching VAFA teams websites/pages and there sure are a lot of clubs attempting to get a womens side onto the park. There's about half a dozen already existing teams attached to VAFA clubs as well (I remember Fitzroy, SKOBs, AJAX, Brunswick offhand).
In 2016, there were about 72 adult women's teams in Vic( Melb. about 60).

An additional 40-50 NEW adult women's teams have been proposed for 2017 ie total could be as high as 122 teams.
The VAFA is starting its own women's comp. in 2017 ie totally independent from the old VWFL.

In 2016, there were about 72 adult women's teams in Vic( Melb. about 60).

An additional 40-50 NEW adult women's teams have been proposed for 2017 ie total could be as high as 122 teams.
The VAFA is starting its own women's comp. in 2017 ie totally independent from the old VWFL.
Yes I have been refreshing the VAFA page daily to see when they will finally tell us more about the structure they are intending, but my guess is 3 grades, probably called something like W1, W2 & W3.

Southern FL, Eastern FL, Northern FL seem to be creating leagues. WRFL want one, Geelong and Ballarat seem to have one each going, Bendigo and Shepp sound like they are going to hook up for a joint one even if they only get 4 teams. Gippy I'm unaware of but they had a few teams so I can image there will either be a league there or a combo one with Mornington Peninsula.

I believe Horsham are still standing on the highest hill they can find waving askance at any clubs they can see in the far distance.

Not a lot of info coming through though (picture me with my hands clawed and growling at screen).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back