USA v Canada International Tournament 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

This is what I saw. They also list Emerson Etem as playing, but massive asterisk there, yes? ;)

Attachments

• 13399_989565491078454_8713556065758728517_n.jpg
    13399_989565491078454_8713556065758728517_n.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 158
Starts this weekend, still no roster announced :D

Also you can meet stars like Matt Frattin, Garret Sparks, Nolan Yonkman and Eric Neilson at World Bar tonight :D

Yeah I saw that. Brent Burns + a lot of crap

Went to the game tonight and was a little disappointed. I say a little as I only paid half price for my seats. I can't imagine those who forked out $200+ for premium seats would of been impressed.

The standard was a big drop off from last year. So many mistakes, absolutely no physicality or hitting. Even the entertainment outside of the game was a bit woeful. No pregame pyro or even goal songs after goals. (Game ended 9-6 to Canada if anyone cares).

Brent Burns didn't get out of 1st gear and spent most of the game praticising his stretch passes. He had a couple of secondary assists. Last year when Emerson Etem was here he showed some good speed and puckhandling. Burns stayed back and played as a stay at home dman. Maybe he is a bit tired from a long NHL season and World Championships.

David Booth, Taylor Beck and Rob Schremp didn't play. So a weak roster was made even weaker.

Went to the game tonight and was a little disappointed. I say a little as I only paid half price for my seats. I can't imagine those who forked out $200+ for premium seats would of been impressed.

The standard was a big drop off from last year. So many mistakes, absolutely no physicality or hitting. Even the entertainment outside of the game was a bit woeful. No pregame pyro or even goal songs after goals. (Game ended 9-6 to Canada if anyone cares).

Brent Burns didn't get out of 1st gear and spent most of the game praticising his stretch passes. He had a couple of secondary assists. Last year when Emerson Etem was here he showed some good speed and puckhandling. Burns stayed back and played as a stay at home dman. Maybe he is a bit tired from a long NHL season and World Championships.

David Booth, Taylor Beck and Rob Schremp didn't play. So a weak roster was made even weaker.

I'm heading out tonight with free tickets so I'm happy, but I have a feeling that there'll be less and less people will fork out cash for these games as the novelty of the game wears off. Allphones was sold out two years in a row, but won't be tonight. The promoters (it's a different promoter to last year) may have to take a look at the product. It is pretty expensive, despite the rhetoric about how it costs a lot to build the rink.

If I were Brent Burns, yeah, I'd be bloody tired. As for the skill of the game, it WAS the first time these guys all played together so maybe they needed some time to gel. Oh, and David Booth is only in for Brisbane and Perth. I read that somewhere Not sure where. Schremp injured himself in training for this tour.

Agree on Etem last year. He was sensational!!

Eh, I'm kinda excited anyway. Some hockey is better than none at all.

Also, I meant to note that I'd gotten the usual ticket offer e-mail from Ticketek, in which tickets for the Allphones game had been slashed. Gold is $99 and Bronze is $69 now. I understand they want to do that to get a full house, or close to it, but too bad if you bought tickets at their original prices. Happened at the Motley Crue gig, too.

Also, I meant to note that I'd gotten the usual ticket offer e-mail from Ticketek, in which tickets for the Allphones game had been slashed. Gold is $99 and Bronze is $69 now. I understand they want to do that to get a full house, or close to it, but too bad if you bought tickets at their original prices. Happened at the Motley Crue gig, too.
Etihad did it with Bon Jovina few years ago.

Happens all the time.

Etihad did it with Bon Jovina few years ago.

Happens all the time.

Maybe if the tickets weren't so expensive in the first place - $202 for platinum and something like $252 for against the glass - then more people would come. I understand there'll be empty seats down low at Allphones tonight, with people as far back as Row M on the top deck, which is insane.

Maybe if the tickets weren't so expensive in the first place - $202 for platinum and something like $252 for against the glass - then more people would come. I understand there'll be empty seats down low at Allphones tonight, with people as far back as Row M on the top deck, which is insane.
I got glass seats for nicks.
Thanks MMM!

I got glass seats for nicks.
Thanks MMM!

I got mine for $0, too, but the fact remains, if the platinum tickets were cheaper, you get that lower level filled in, and it looks better. Plus, 50% of the fans won't need a Hubble Space Telescope to see the action.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got mine for $0, too, but the fact remains, if the platinum tickets were cheaper, you get that lower level filled in, and it looks better. Plus, 50% of the fans won't need a Hubble Space Telescope to see the action.
Price has something to do with it but rosters too, would come into play, you'd imagine.

Price has something to do with it but rosters too, would come into play, you'd imagine.

Whilst this is just an exhibition series, you'll never get the top guys down. They can hardly breathe the wrong way in the off-season without being in breach of their mega contracts. If you drop the prices and make the most expensive tickets, say, $150, you'll get far more fans through the gates.

Had a fun time. Although only going through the motions got a kick out of seeing Brent Burns skate around.

What a night!!!!!!!

Couldn't give a toss about the line ups not being elite, or there being no "feeling" I'm the game.

Had a heap of fun. Bloody good night out.

Agreed. There WAS feeling. Garret Sparks really was pissed with that Canadian skater who mauled him. The difference between Melbourne and Sydney was night and day, it seems. Great fun. There was a lot of talent on that ice. And a good crowd!

I thought the crowd was quite good.

For a sporting event in Sydney anyway.

Two sections curtained off up high, but not as many as, say, for Motley Crue the other week. I think Allphones holds about 23,000. I reckon they had a good 18,000+ plus.

We had goal songs, enough physical contact to satisfy the likes of me, and even an angry goalie! Was obviously an improvement on Friday night. First game, poisoned chalice?

Sure, it's not A grade hockey but if you have fun, that's all that matters.

I hope the NHL goes back to having more pre-season games abroad. The European intro was a great idea. If they returned to that, then maybe a game or two in Australia between real NHL teams could be a possibility.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back