Autopsy Unswanslike performance vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Amazing what happens when a team has a forward line capable of laying tackles and applying pressure. A forward line of the three talls + Hayward + Papley does not know how to keep the ball inside 50. Zero desire from anyone to defend and apply any sort of pressure on transition.

I feel bad for other teams who play Richmond this year and have to hear Jack Riewoldt cheerlead the entire game.

Apply pressure to a longmire team and they choke

3-1 so still good spot going into an eagles game, but I suspect when the whips crack in September we are the same old

Papley doesnt back up his talk

Gulden lot of touches to no real impact

Heeney trying to do it mostly alone

Tmac way off the boil

Maybe the Wicks thing got to the group?

We lost to a team of kids who were prepared to work their **** off

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 tall fwd line doesn't work. It's rarely worked and this game showed why it's fraught with danger.

Mcg poor record continues. Something wrong with our mcg prep.

Workrate was shocking.

Clearances & contested possession, especially in the 1st quarter/half was poor again.

A few players on a short string moving forward.

Last week I thought Essendon were going to roll us by looking hungrier and smarter, but we stabilised well and won fairly comfortably. I thought we turned a corner.

This week shows there's still a long way to go, however. For the most part we weren't pressuring Richmond hard enough, making lots of key errors, sticking to Plan A even though it wasn't working, and then losing all composure when things look tight. It's the same issues that have been plaguing us for as long as I can remember. Until it resolves we're pretenders, frankly.

Hopefully, the club realises what went wrong and shows a lot more spirit in future weeks.

Unfortunately there's now two byes over the next two weeks....maybe that'll make us angrier.

An off performance but we were within a goal off Richmond who troubled Carlton and others and arent as shit as people think

We needed thia loss to expose our forwards.
Mcdonald amartey will not win us big finals if out mids have to kick 6+ between them every game

Positives

Roberts another good game after an ordinary start
Heeney still on fire
The new Kid Mitchell did all you can ask for a first gamer
we got a loss out of the way early - plenty of time to correct and learn

big negative

Lost the same old way, revert to bombing to one forward
push players back,

and when the pressure is there guys like Paps, Hayward etc go missing

Gulden is off a bit

A really tough watch. Had a lot of 2023 about it. Smashed out of the middle and couldn't get run off the backline.

Hopefully Rampe will be ok

Please stop drinking the bathwater. SCG trust will have to tank water in.

A really poor performance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back