Umpiring

Are they?

• Yes

Votes: 48 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • They will until this group has officially been broken, Hardwick aint Coach and Gale isn't CEO

Votes: 32 33.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

it is now that the Cats have been bent over

Just the umps inserting themselves into the game because of Chris Scott having a public sook about their officiating. If Hocking was still at AFL house it wouldn’t happen.

I do find amusing that Scott is now having a sook about the very rules that were changed to benefit the cats. Couldn’t make it up.

Is it true umpires train at Copywood training facilities ?

Think they use to train there, but haven't since the pandemic or something.

I've heard they train at Marvel if it's available (which it usually isn't), with about 80 umpires in one of the 50m arcs, or they go to random soccer pitches under the West Gate.

He still rekons the effort was good last week , I’ve already lost faith in him after that comment backing it up a week later . FMD
i got the feeling that was the public line, not to embarrass and shame his players (a lot of them young players) in the public forum, I did get the feeling that wasn't the message behind closed doors.

Our club executive and board has presided over this mess for 8 years now. There is a breach of contract here and we should make no media statements but simply seek compensation for AFL’s breach of contract to provide effective umpiring of our games. The evidence is overwhelming.

This one sided free count has to stop. We must complain and make it public. Its nit even slightly hidden anymore. 100% clear bias against us. Tonight might end up 20+ to brisbane by the end (11-3 in 1 quarter). Just ridiculous. Over it.
Three days short of three years since this first post (above) in this current thread.

What has changed?

Well, the older players have now checked out.

Who can blame them? They can't say anything. They just have to accept it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

21-13 tonight I reckon, including a dodgy 50m. And we will get 1 holding the ball free kick, maybe none. Have a good night all, I’m jack of this and can’t watch it any more unfortunately. Save you sanity and read a book or watch Netflix instead!
Nostradamus 😬

How is the stand rule still a thing . It has to be the most stupid ridiculous rule ever introduced that actually amounts to nothing and let’s the kick taker run off without pressure . Why does it take the umpire so long to call play on ? I hate just looks like netball. It’s just considered normal now which is really sad.

Way too many rules with way too many fools to interpret them as they seem fit. Yes, the stand rule has to go now. So to do the ruck nominations, prior opportunity, insufficient intent, front-on contact, chopping the arms, etc. All these rules the AFL brought in to improve the game.......yea that's working well.

Then there are the flip a coin rules. What exactly is a dangerous tackle? Don't tell me players are not exploiting it already. Unrealistic attempt? Only seems to be paid against us but how exactly do they determine it was unrealistic? How many players drop their knees or charge head first into an opposition player to draw high contact. Seems to be a random call.

Even worst are the made up rules such as the ball spilled out, it was knocked loose, it came out, you are allowed a 360 (but not 720) degree spin. They used to be incorrect disposal or holding the ball but now they are supposedly play on.

Then you have certain umpires who clearly have their own personal agendas both for and against certain players and/or clubs.

Then you have Ms El Supremo who clearly has little to no understanding of the rules she is supposed to be getting the paid AFL employees to enforce.

So you have 4 monkeys who more than likely have never played any level of football trying to adjudicate a set of rules they do not understand, compounded by adding their own interpretations, their own personal agendas and not being accountable for their own actions overseen by someone who has little to no understanding of the rules.

........and of course the AFL believe all is good, nothing to see here.

How is the stand rule still a thing . It has to be the most stupid ridiculous rule ever introduced that actually amounts to nothing and let’s the kick taker run off without pressure . Why does it take the umpire so long to call play on ? I hate just looks like netball. It’s just considered normal now which is really sad.
if it were the 90s and they tried to introduce stand people wouldve revolted. post covid no one really gives a f**k about anything, have completely resigned ourselves to following the ruling power without question.

Serious questions should be asked of that 50 against Rioli. That is utter corruption.
another Richmond hater. always gives us doughnuts and and notoriously trigger fingered against us with the 50s. every week we cop at least one fifty that is blatantly wrong.
images.jpg

Back