• Canberra

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ACT.... uhhh, is there "Other'"?

• TAS - Other

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly, i'd rather stay where I am if it's nice! Melbourne is dull which is why you need to get around everywhere or you'll go out of your mind. I guess it depends whether you want excitement or leisure. More of a leisure fan myself

Now now C88. Your city is a strange artefact. It is the most isolated city in the world and it's folk are prone to a little paranoia. This has not been helped by recent migration patterns from S Africa and calls for Perth to be renamed East Praetoria.

Now now C88. Your city is a strange artefact. It is the most isolated city in the world and it's folk are prone to a little paranoia. This has not been helped by recent migration patterns from S Africa and calls for Perth to be renamed East Praetoria.

Lol I live in a suburb where I'm pretty sure the population is nearly 2% South African, so I'm probably more aware of that trend than most others in WA. In the words of the Man in Black, I've been everywhere, and I don't think there's anywhere better than Perth. I was merely interjecting in the Melbourne vs Sydney debate.

Lol I live in a suburb where I'm pretty sure the population is nearly 2% South African, so I'm probably more aware of that trend than most others in WA. In the words of the Man in Black, I've been everywhere, and I don't think there's anywhere better than Perth. I was merely interjecting in the Melbourne vs Sydney debate.

I spose Perth does have qokkas on Rottnest, some decent surf (unless you get eaten by a white pointer) and the worst Number 6 in the history of Test Cricket.

I spose Perth does have qokkas on Rottnest, some decent surf (unless you get eaten by a white pointer) and the worst Number 6 in the history of Test Cricket.
Surf a couple of days a year in Perth if your lucky. Guys paddle out there in 1/2 foot wind swell. Gotta go north or south or the back of Rotto to get anything decent. Could live in Perth again in a heartbeat, very fond memories of my time there.

Can anyone mount a case for Brisbane? Even their beer is illiterate and undrinkable.
Id rather live in Brisbane than Melbourne, thats saying something cause I couldn't live in Brisbane.

East Freo, Bicton, Point Walter, beautiful places to live.

That's true, and Applecross, even though it's in a truly putrid location right wedged near a freeway and a highway. It's saving grace is the river but only about 5% of the suburb enjoy that luxury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id rather live in Brisbane than Melbourne, thats saying something cause I couldn't live in Brisbane.

Lol. I lived in Brisbane for 13 unlucky years. Sometimes it felt more like a sentence. Many folk there had chips on their shoulders like open cut mines.

Having spent much of the last 3 months in Melbourne I have to disagree. I know there's a lot of Melboune people on this board but my impression of the place is far from flattering. Better transport? The train lines seem to be permanently under maintenance, been like it for years. Trams are good though.
Well you haven't learnt too much in 3 months as the whole transport system , especially train is going through the biggest upgrade in a century.

Well you haven't learnt too much in 3 months as the whole transport system , especially train is going through the biggest upgrade in a century.
Yeh, it's been really difficult for my staff getting to and from work in Elizabeth st with the ongoing maintenance. Hopefully when it's finished it all works as planned.

Well you know the rest WDYFOTBT.
Been waiting on a response from you bedders. I would gladly FOB home, not Brisbane, if not for the ridiculous work cover laws in Victoria that make it nigh on impossible to run a business there if your unlucky enough to hire someone who knows the system and how to abuse it.

Been waiting on a response from you bedders. I would gladly FOB home, not Brisbane, if not for the ridiculous work cover laws in Victoria that make it nigh on impossible to run a business there if your unlucky enough to hire someone who knows the system and how to abuse it.
Well picked up Kapa. If I had my choice I would move to the Murray. Never go in to the city unless going to the footy , it's a shithole. Sydney is good for Swans weekends when we win a final and the rest I don't rate.

Well as someone who read the inquiry's into West Gate Bridge, coronial reports into workplace fatalities and knew people who died from asbestosis and mesothelioma I gave no sympathy for employers. At one stage I was involved in ohs law reform. It saves lives. Watered down by Kennett

Having spent much of the last 3 months in Melbourne I have to disagree. I know there's a lot of Melboune people on this board but my impression of the place is far from flattering. Better transport? The train lines seem to be permanently under maintenance, been like it for years. Trams are good though.

As depicted in the thread "Melbourne is a garbage wasteland", Melbourne is in fact a garbage wasteland. :thumbsu:

Victorians like to pretend they are the chosen ones because they can go to the footy or cricket or any other sporting event in their city, like all the other cities don't have any of those events. :rolleyes:

Melbourne is, in effect, the arse end of NSW. (Soz Paul Keating).
NSW is always a step ahead of the curve, once we realised all the nuffies had migrated South, we drew a line in the sand and called it Victoria.

Well picked up Kapa. If I had my choice I would move to the Murray. Never go in to the city unless going to the footy , it's a shithole. Sydney is good for Swans weekends when we win a final and the rest I don't rate.
I love lots of Victoria, could easily live in a few areas mainly on the coast. Moved out of Sydney for a reason 20 years ago and have never regretted it. Great place to grow up back in the day but way too busy for me now, not just the city but everywhere.

Well as someone who read the inquiry's into West Gate Bridge, coronial reports into workplace fatalities and knew people who died from asbestosis and mesothelioma I gave no sympathy for employers. At one stage I was involved in ohs law reform. It saves lives. Watered down by Kennett
Not talking about those cases etc 52, that's a different story. Im in retail, in a very safe environment and not all cases are of a physical nature. It's a long story mate, it's a scam and Victorian tax payers are paying for it

Back