Leagues Ultimate Footy - Keeper Dynasty 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy New Year Everyone, but Ultimate Footy has made an announcement in regard to Season 2023, as follows:

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
Dear Ultimate Footy community,

We have some important changes to announce regarding Ultimate Footy in 2023. After much consideration and hard work, Ultimate Footy will be officially merging with AFL Fantasy Draft, the official draft fantasy game of the AFL.

This decision was not made lightly, and we understand that it may come as a surprise to our valued users, but unfortunately it is no longer sustainable to continue to operate Ultimate Footy independently. Over the past few years Telstra and the AFL have been fantastic in supporting Ultimate Footy in remaining active, while working to add as many of the unique Ultimate Footy features as possible to the AFL Fantasy Draft platform. We feel that it’s now the right time to make this transition, and you can rest assured that the same team that has been working on Ultimate Footy, some for over 15 years, will be overseeing the transition to ensure it’s as smooth as possible.

The move also brings a lot of new benefits. We also know that many of you have been asking for mobile apps for a while, and we’re happy to say that AFL Fantasy has iOS and Android apps available. We believe this will be a positive addition and make it even easier for you to manage your teams on the go. There are also more ways to customise scoring with Inside 50s, Marks Inside 50, Goal Assists and Clanger stats available. With the backing of the AFL and Telstra we look forward to new innovations coming in the future too.

Whilst we did our utmost to migrate everything, category scoring leagues will not be available in 2023. We understand that many of our dedicated users participate in category leagues, and we deeply regret that we are unable to continue offering this format at this time.

So when will Ultimate be available on AFL Fantasy? We are currently finalising the transition of all keeper leagues and expect from early-to-mid Feb you will be able to sign into AFL Fantasy and see the option to link your Ultimate Footy account. This will allow you to easily restore your keeper leagues and teams and continue playing on in 2023. Further instructions will be provided soon, but to start preparing today you can head over to AFL Fantasy and create your AFL iD.

Once again we know change can be tough, and we want to thank you for your loyalty and support throughout the years. Ultimate Footy wouldn't have grown what it is today without all of you. We are incredibly grateful for all the support and love you have given to the game and have relished seeing all the fantasy football legacies created and shared over the journey.

We're excited to continue providing you with the best fantasy football experience on AFL Fantasy, and we hope you'll join us in this next chapter. Stay tuned for further updates here and on social on when you can restore your leagues on the AFL Fantasy platform.

Thanks,
Ultimate Footy team.

As our league is a Category Based one (which I and many others believe is the preferred format), this sucks big time! Hopefully there will be most of the customisation available once merged with AFL Fantasy, but I guess we'll have to wait and see sometime in February.
We'll give it a go though, providing there is enough interest from our coaches.

Happy New Year Everyone, but Ultimate Footy has made an announcement in regard to Season 2023, as follows:

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
Dear Ultimate Footy community,

We have some important changes to announce regarding Ultimate Footy in 2023. After much consideration and hard work, Ultimate Footy will be officially merging with AFL Fantasy Draft, the official draft fantasy game of the AFL.

This decision was not made lightly, and we understand that it may come as a surprise to our valued users, but unfortunately it is no longer sustainable to continue to operate Ultimate Footy independently. Over the past few years Telstra and the AFL have been fantastic in supporting Ultimate Footy in remaining active, while working to add as many of the unique Ultimate Footy features as possible to the AFL Fantasy Draft platform. We feel that it’s now the right time to make this transition, and you can rest assured that the same team that has been working on Ultimate Footy, some for over 15 years, will be overseeing the transition to ensure it’s as smooth as possible.

The move also brings a lot of new benefits. We also know that many of you have been asking for mobile apps for a while, and we’re happy to say that AFL Fantasy has iOS and Android apps available. We believe this will be a positive addition and make it even easier for you to manage your teams on the go. There are also more ways to customise scoring with Inside 50s, Marks Inside 50, Goal Assists and Clanger stats available. With the backing of the AFL and Telstra we look forward to new innovations coming in the future too.

Whilst we did our utmost to migrate everything, category scoring leagues will not be available in 2023. We understand that many of our dedicated users participate in category leagues, and we deeply regret that we are unable to continue offering this format at this time.

So when will Ultimate be available on AFL Fantasy? We are currently finalising the transition of all keeper leagues and expect from early-to-mid Feb you will be able to sign into AFL Fantasy and see the option to link your Ultimate Footy account. This will allow you to easily restore your keeper leagues and teams and continue playing on in 2023. Further instructions will be provided soon, but to start preparing today you can head over to AFL Fantasy and create your AFL iD.

Once again we know change can be tough, and we want to thank you for your loyalty and support throughout the years. Ultimate Footy wouldn't have grown what it is today without all of you. We are incredibly grateful for all the support and love you have given to the game and have relished seeing all the fantasy football legacies created and shared over the journey.

We're excited to continue providing you with the best fantasy football experience on AFL Fantasy, and we hope you'll join us in this next chapter. Stay tuned for further updates here and on social on when you can restore your leagues on the AFL Fantasy platform.

Thanks,
Ultimate Footy team.

As our league is a Category Based one (which I and many others believe is the preferred format), this sucks big time! Hopefully there will be most of the customisation available once merged with AFL Fantasy, but I guess we'll have to wait and see sometime in February.
We'll give it a go though, providing there is enough interest from our coaches.

Hey everyone, there's been some interest in creating a new category based scoring format through a game maker. I've posted the Twitter thread below. The team have expressed interest in creating a new site. It looks promising but needs a few more legs to get it going. If your league is keen like our league is, get onto the thread below and give it some love and feedback!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hi guys!

Long time no talk.

Glad to see you guys are looking for a way to push through.

Just wanted to give you an update from a little way behind the curtain.

I've been working with a guy named Danny Page from dannybetsnba on a bunch of NBA statistical data stuff.

As soon as UF went down I jumped at the potential chance to develop a replacement to help fill that gap in the market. Even if it looked like s**t, I just wanted it to be functionally the same. Part of this meant I to reach out to the AFL for an API to use for live data updates.

NO deal, which was the expected response. However, UF then almost immediately updated their site with the survey about a paid service.

The belief now is that the AFL deal went through too close to the start of the season for them to implement category scoring on their site/app. So the plan was to ride out 2023 and then relaunch categories in 2024.

Why they didnt keep UF in place for one more year, I don't know, but now that they are putting a $ value on it I think that they are going to spend the cash to roll out categories for THIS season and try to recoup the rush job costs from the fans.

Either way, I hope you boys stick with it because I'm 99% certain it'll only be a single season blip before categories are back with a vengeance next year!

Good luck, have fun!

Cheers
Lee

CATEGORY LEAGUES ARE RETURNING

Thanks to the support of AFL Fantasy and the results of the recent survey, we are happy to announce that category leagues are coming back and will be available on the Ultimate Footy platform in 2023.

Please note that in order to cover some of the costs of operating the game, there will be a fee involved to continue your league. Full details will be available on site once we re-open in approximately two weeks time. We thank you again for your support and hope you’re as excited as us to be able to keep playing the category format in 2023 and beyond!

CATEGORY LEAGUES ARE RETURNING

Thanks to the support of AFL Fantasy and the results of the recent survey, we are happy to announce that category leagues are coming back and will be available on the Ultimate Footy platform in 2023.

Please note that in order to cover some of the costs of operating the game, there will be a fee involved to continue your league. Full details will be available on site once we re-open in approximately two weeks time. We thank you again for your support and hope you’re as excited as us to be able to keep playing the category format in 2023 and beyond!
UF have today announced that the fee charged for Category Leagues in 2023 will be $20 per team. I feel that is too high, considering we are likely to have at least a couple of non returners.
What does everyone think and how many would be in if we reinstated the league?

Hey guys, looks like were consolidating leagues somewhat. Due to UF charging $20 per team for this season for category leagues, im unsure if this league is getting going though ill play if we do get a full league. However we need at least 1 new coach in PRC possibly a couple but there's currently 1 confirmed availability. If anyone would like to take the vacant team please PM me or come post in the thread. The format is dynasty, 9 category scoring, 44 player lists, 14 team league, the rest of the rules are ITT. There may also be a vacancy in BFDL, both have quite long histories now with their own subs on BF and both will be continuing. Would like to fill the team ASAP so i can get the draft organised and starting in the next fortnight.

PRC 2023 season thread -

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As there has been very little interest in renewing this league, due to UF cost imposed of $20 per team, this league will not be continuing. Apologies to those that wished to continue.
Bound to happen, RIP league, but we have 2 strong leagues going at least and as zim said there's 1 vacancy in BFDL if anyone wants it. 👍

Remove this Banner Ad

Back