Ultimate Footy 2013 - Wise Guy Sam is the Champion!

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely convinced that my team will have the best game all season next week and then be terrible from there on.
You and me both.

The team kicked 23-10-148 and still lost this week. We've kicked over 100+ for five straight games, and haven't scored lower than 97 since round 14. If only this was real footy. :(

Although there was one positive - the addition of Lachie Neale. At least for that one game, he done good. :)

Valar Morghulis, Faceless Men. Valar Morghulis

The 8th placed moo city FC has started strong against the minor premiers.

Is an upset on the cards?
I have also had an awful start, he should win it from here. The rest of my players need to lift.

3-4 starting 22 out too!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing going right for Sylvia Euphoria, with Chris Masten, a late out, Steven Milne starting sub and Michael Hurley, Cambell Brown, Clancee Pearce and David Myers all not playing. Add to this Joel Selwood kicking 4 goals and being the oppositions captain. Still up 6-3, but it would be a brave win if I can get up.

Nothing going right for Sylvia Euphoria, with Chris Masten, a late out, Steven Milne starting sub and Michael Hurley, Cambell Brown, Clancee Pearce and David Myers all not playing. Add to this Joel Selwood kicking 4 goals and being the oppositions captain. Still up 6-3, but it would be a brave win if I can get up.
I think I've got this now, as long as we don't give away a few free kicks in the last I should get over the line

I was damn lucky to make finals but I've hit some damn fine form at the right time. 8th v 1st with a brave Moo City destroying Crimson Azure 7 to 1 (and only 1 point and 1 hand ball away from a 9 - 0 victory). What was really special was a player down (Ziebell).

Sorry Crimson. You had a great season and got the score back to 5- 4 at one stage.

I was damn lucky to make finals but I've hit some damn fine form at the right time. 8th v 1st with a brave Moo City destroying Crimson Azure 7 to 1 (and only 1 point and 1 hand ball away from a 9 - 0 victory). What was really special was a player down (Ziebell).

Sorry Crimson. You had a great season and got the score back to 5- 4 at one stage.
Well done, you can only beat the team in front of you. It turned out I had the worst week of the season by a mile. Even my bench players mocked me with good scores going unused but I'd never had so many players down.

my SC team sucked massively too.

Couldn't take a trick this week.

Well done, you can only beat the team in front of you. It turned out I had the worst week of the season by a mile. Even my bench players mocked me with good scores going unused but I'd never had so many players down.

my SC team sucked massively too.

Couldn't take a trick this week.

It happens.

In SC last year I made it to 5 of 5 GF and only won one.

At this time of the year with players being rested or put on and ice and getting tired it can go anyway.

Looking at the match up I was confident but as the week wore on things just kept getting worse to the point I knew I was done Friday night.

Chris Masten plays, I probably get up, but alas, that's football, Ultimate Football. Congrats sivart on a deserving victory.

yeah if Masten plays you probably just get up, but I'll take the win and run.

Selwood has been single headedly getting me over the line the last few weeks

And so here we are. Preliminary Final Week. There's been some big upsets already in the finals; will it continue?

Week 3 Finals Matchups
PF1: Sporting GHRP-6ers vs Southern Stingers
PF2: The Skipton Whippets vs Moo City FC
5thP: Moribund Men vs Sylvia Euphoria
CPF1: Team Name Pending vs Prendo's Projectors
CPF2: Viney's Troopers vs Stop Hammertime
13thP: Wax On Wax Off vs Whiteboard Wednesday

Ladder going into PF Week
Teams have been ranked by their highest possible finish followed by their actual ladder position relative to their opposition. Teams in bold have had their position confirmed and will not move.

1. The Skipton Whippets
2. Sporting GHRP-6ers
3. Southern Stingers
4. Moo City FC
5. Moribund Men
6. Sylvia Euphoria
7. The Faceless Men
8. Somalia Privateers
9. Stop Hammertime
10. Prendo's Projectors
11. Viney's Troopers
12. Team Name Pending
13. Wax On Wax Off
14. Whiteboard Wednesday
15. Loose Billy
16. Seppuku Utd

Congratulations or commiserations to Hellbourne for winning the inaugural BF Demons wooden spoon...somehow losing to a bloke who hasn't checked his team in months.

Congratulations or commiserations to Hellbourne for winning the inaugural BF Demons wooden spoon...somehow losing to a bloke who hasn't checked his team in months.

So awkward for Hellbourne, the permanent captaincy of Franklin paid off for Loose Billy this week. A bittersweet victory, because he will certainly not be part of the league next year given his, ah, efforts since May 13 when he last checked his team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back