UK UK Labour Party - Open for business.

Remove this Banner Ad

Catching up on my small pile of unread Private Eye mags, it looks like Kier Starmer is opening the doors to business that Corbyn closed.

Big CBI talk. Taking meetings with banking and finance.

They seem to have realised that the only way you can be a contender is to roll over and give big business what it wants.

Watch the media stance soften as UK Labour once again abandon their ideals and go for the money.

Catching up on my small pile of unread Private Eye mags, it looks like Kier Starmer is opening the doors to business that Corbyn closed.

Big CBI talk. Taking meetings with banking and finance.

They seem to have realised that the only way you can be a contender is to roll over and give big business what it wants.

Watch the media stance soften as UK Labour once again abandon their ideals and go for the money.
It's not even about impressing "business", it's more designed to appeal to the UK's deeply inbred pack of political commentators, and this stuff is basically catnip to them.

At least he's got John Rentoul's vote. Probably. Might have lost everyone else in the process but if Rentoul's probably on board then that's pretty good I guess.

At least Starmer has that unusual charisma that works in getting more centrist leaders of left-wing parties (think Hawke, Obama, Blair) elected and a level of success:

Alluding to the ‘f*** business’ comment allegedly made by Mr Johnson in 2018, the Labour leader said: ‘The only F-words I will be using are foreign investment, fair trade, fiscal policy and fiduciary duty.’

I maintain that isn't necessary, and Labour's path to victory in the next election actually relies on making a pre-election pact with the Lib Dems and the Greens to not run against one another. Comparable to the traffic light coalition in Germany, but with much more power to Labour and much less to the Greens.

Voters essentially did this for them in the North Shropshire and Chesham and Amersham by-elections, abandoning Labour and the Greens to vote Lib Dems en masse, but Labor need to get proactive and have it all worked out beforehand to prevent Conservatives winning seats without a majority of votes.

Probably also couldn't hurt to keep talking about poverty under Johnson's government and how Labor will address it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back